NBC Shelves 'Heroes: Origins' - Strik...

NBC Shelves 'Heroes: Origins' - Strike fears lead to project's ...

There are 27 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Nov 1, 2007, titled NBC Shelves 'Heroes: Origins' - Strike fears lead to project's .... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

The not-yet-official Hollywood writers' strike has already claimed its first casualty: "Heroes: Origins," the planned anthology spun from NBC's "Heroes." The network has put the six-episode series, which was ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rob

Port Orchard, WA

#21 Nov 3, 2007
I must be in the minority here, because I for one look forward to each week on Mondays for Heroes. Since Maya, Alejandro and Monica came on the scene (more fodder for Sylar, HE HE), TO ME it will be more powers that Sylar will eventually steal. There are some things though that really get me thinking. How did Peter end up in that Conex box and how is it that he can channel Isaac? Every episode when I see that "F" symbol it gets me a little more curious. I think that maybe the writers are doing this on purpose to lead us to think this way, but yet we still have to watch it to see what happens next week. And if they put Origins on the shelves, well then, it will be NBC's loss and AMPTP example of being control freaks and like suzie said earlier, "jerking the writers around". I think Tim Kring is a freakin genius in his writing style to keep us hooked. And if at the end of the season, it turns out that I am wrong, then MY BAD!!! I do have to agree though, the Hiro thing in Japan with Kensei (WHY Tim, WHY?????) Snooze fest! Drunk Englishman turns out to be a Japanese Warrior and legendary swordsman who then sees Hiro kiss his girlfriend and betrays her and her father? WHO CARES?!

PEACE!
u are all dumb

Winnipeg, Canada

#22 Nov 3, 2007
ppl need to be patient, the story will develop. It's all going to build up. I mean i have been watching and sure it's slow but i'm still gonna watch it cause i watched the first season and i want to know what's happening with the characters good or bad.
bob hull

Virginia Beach, VA

#23 Nov 3, 2007
Since its on NBC it may still have a chance....
Tiki

Astoria, NY

#24 Nov 4, 2007
TOO many characters. They could've left Syler and both Petrellis dead and buried. The entire Ireland arc was nothing but a waste of time and what a waste of Kristen Bell. We didn't learn anything from that. I'd rather have had more of Parkman and his father and the conspiracy. I don't want to watch a show where I have to keep a scorecard just to know who the characters are.
rosiebaby

Mckinleyville, CA

#25 Nov 4, 2007
*~*~*~*~*~
yeah.....what Trevor in Pittsburgh said.....%:~}.
rod

Orlando, FL

#26 Nov 5, 2007
I love this show-

this season it has been good and not great-

used to like hiro character, this season i hate it and could pretty much careless is he died and we all moved on- such a stupid sub plot-

i like new characters, but it has been done in a way that is leaving peoples favorite characters and important plots from last season, not in this season at all-

Heroes Origins, cannot be considered a spinoff- thats stupid-

Its a freaking 6 episode series to find a new character for Heroes- since when is that considered a spinoff-

It is just an attempt to keep Heroes in peoples minds, get the viewers involved with the show and thats that-

If the show goes back to how it was last season, focus a lil more on the old characters that we all liked, get rid of hiro sub plot or just bring him back to 2007- we should be great-

Oh also Dancing with the stars is the American Idol of the fall season-

So they need to move Heroes to a different night- so it doesnt compete with dancing with the stars- it would make the worlds difference-
Dalebah

Perth, Australia

#27 Jan 1, 2008
I don't have too much of a problem with the second season except for the inclusion of Kristin Bell. Prior to her coming onboard I would gladly lose myself in the world of Heroes each week, but now every time she comes on screen in becomes blatantly apparent that I am watching a TV show. What an annoying, terrribly portrayed character. If they are going to bring in new characters at least make them good ones. I guess with a public decides Heroes Origins test run we could have avoided this whole terrible Veronica Mars/Heroes cross over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kevin Smith starring in a comedy pilot for Show... (Nov '06) Jan '17 Angel 2
News 'The Lion King' is how old? 21 seminal movies y... (Jun '14) Jun '14 New China 1
News Stephen Colbert, Kevin Smith head up Montclair ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 America 3
Art Holmes meets Kevin Smith (Jul '13) Jul '13 Art Holmes 1
Kevin Smith's E-mail (Feb '09) Jun '13 Arson 9
Interview with Kevin Smith (Apr '12) Apr '12 Kimberly 1
Kevin Smith - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Sharmaine 1
More from around the web