Margarita and Salsa Festival returns ...

Margarita and Salsa Festival returns to Waco

There are 7 comments on the KWBU-TV Waco story from Aug 15, 2009, titled Margarita and Salsa Festival returns to Waco. In it, KWBU-TV Waco reports that:

Late August will once again be bringing the sounds of live Texas country music and the smells of fresh onions, cilantro, limes and more to the Heart o' Texas Fairgrounds for the Margarita and Salsa Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KWBU-TV Waco.

Lidia Fincher

Harker Heights, TX

#1 Aug 24, 2009
Coming from out of town, can you tell me what a couple of hotels are near the Heart of Texas Stadium?
Mark

Santa Ana, CA

#2 Aug 29, 2009
Lidia Fincher wrote:
Coming from out of town, can you tell me what a couple of hotels are near the Heart of Texas Stadium?
Fairfield(marroitt),HOLIDAY EXPRESS,La Quinta(NEW), Hampton Inn(central tx marketplace)>>ALL WITHIN 15min or LESS
Florence Harker Heights

Mineral City, OH

#3 Aug 30, 2009
Margarita and Salsa festival in Waco. Big disappointment. Had try to google info prior to going which stated different margaritas, salsa and queso. Paid and enormous entry fee. There was no salsa or queso and was told that was at 5pm for tasting only. Bought a margarita for $5 that had no alcohol. Drank a second one to see that I was only drinking what seem to be like lemonade. Country music was the entertainment for evening. The theme of the festival was latin but had country music. Go figure. Walked around to feel like I was at a carnival to see corn dogs, hot dogs etc as choice of food. NO salsa or queso. For a mere $32 dollar entry fee, it was very disappointing and poorly done. Don't waste your money, better to save it for Fiesta in San Antonio, where the theme fits the entainment. It is worth paying in San Antonio than for this dissappointment.
Lidia Fincher

Harker Heights, TX

#4 Aug 31, 2009
Mark wrote:
<quoted text> Fairfield(marroitt),HOLIDAY EXPRESS,La Quinta(NEW), Hampton Inn(central tx marketplace)>>ALL WITHIN 15min or LESS
thx for the information - see ur post mentions Canada - just thought that was funny (unless there is a Canada, Texas) that I would get a response from sumone outside Texas (hope you have a great day)
Lidia Fincher

Harker Heights, TX

#5 Aug 31, 2009
Florence Harker Heights wrote:
Margarita and Salsa festival in Waco. Big disappointment. Had try to google info prior to going which stated different margaritas, salsa and queso. Paid and enormous entry fee. There was no salsa or queso and was told that was at 5pm for tasting only. Bought a margarita for $5 that had no alcohol. Drank a second one to see that I was only drinking what seem to be like lemonade. Country music was the entertainment for evening. The theme of the festival was latin but had country music. Go figure. Walked around to feel like I was at a carnival to see corn dogs, hot dogs etc as choice of food. NO salsa or queso. For a mere $32 dollar entry fee, it was very disappointing and poorly done. Don't waste your money, better to save it for Fiesta in San Antonio, where the theme fits the entainment. It is worth paying in San Antonio than for this dissappointment.
Couldnt get any of my lame friends (smile) to hang out with me in Waco. I'm sorry it was such a disappointment, they really advertise this event big time. Main reason I wanted to go!
Greg

Houston, TX

#6 Sep 1, 2009
the vendor margaritas were horrible and tasted like lemonade.
Rick

Conway, AR

#7 Oct 4, 2009
Florence was absolutely correct! Huge disappointment, overpriced, vendors were awful, and no alcohol in the margaritas!
And where was the salsa?? They sure kept it hidden well.
We won't make the mistake of going again. That's for sure! A rip-off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Fowler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top 5: Texas country singer Kevin Fowler Dec '16 Huey Arkbark 1
News Headliners announced for FallsFest lineup (Dec '12) Dec '12 Yvonne 1
News Plenty of events for those looking for somethin... (Jun '09) Jun '09 bored 3
News McMillen named LRMC Mercy Award winner (Apr '09) Apr '09 Weezie 1
Birthdate? (Jan '08) Jan '08 JEc 1
Kevin Fowler Jan '06 Rowdy1900 1
More from around the web