Costner Remembers Whitney: 'You Were ...

Costner Remembers Whitney: 'You Were Great'

There are 14 comments on the The Huffington Post story from Feb 18, 2012, titled Costner Remembers Whitney: 'You Were Great'. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

In a speech that was both somber and poignant, the 57-year-old actor recalled anecdotes from shooting 1992's "The Bodyguard." The film was the pop star's first movie role and also helped establish Houston as one of the world's most preeminent singers, featuring a Houston-led soundtrack that sold more than 42 million copies worldwide and a ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

Anonymous

La Habra, CA

#1 Feb 18, 2012
Except for some minor grammatical errors, Costner's speech was very nice.
Druggie Doll

Schenectady, NY

#2 Feb 18, 2012
Whitney was a punching bag nag and crack bimbo.
Anonymous

La Habra, CA

#3 Feb 18, 2012
Druggie Doll wrote:
Whitney was a punching bag nag and crack bimbo.
Gee, take all week to come up with that one? You're so smart.

I'm not going to disagree with you. At her worst, she was a "crack ho", just as described by John & Ken of KFI radio.

But at her best, she was more than 99.9% of us will ever be. She has left a body of creative work that will be here for decades, at the very least. Even longer, when you consider the young ladies (and men) she will inspire to do their best in the fine arts.

"Druggie Doll", I wish you peace and that neither you, nor any member of your family, ever stumbles the way she did.
Druggie Doll

Schenectady, NY

#4 Feb 18, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, take all week to come up with that one? You're so smart.
I'm not going to disagree with you. At her worst, she was a "crack ho", just as described by John & Ken of KFI radio.
But at her best, she was more than 99.9% of us will ever be. She has left a body of creative work that will be here for decades, at the very least. Even longer, when you consider the young ladies (and men) she will inspire to do their best in the fine arts.
"Druggie Doll", I wish you peace and that neither you, nor any member of your family, ever stumbles the way she did.
A celebrity with hundreds of millions of dollars and fame?

She dies of drugs and is getting honored for it?

She was a loser, just like the pedophile, Michael Jackson.
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#5 Feb 18, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Except for some minor grammatical errors, Costner's speech was very nice.
If she could of swam like Costner in Waterworld she wouldn't have drowned in a tub.
Anonymous

La Habra, CA

#7 Feb 18, 2012
Druggie Doll wrote:
<quoted text>
A celebrity with hundreds of millions of dollars and fame?
She dies of drugs and is getting honored for it?
She was a loser, just like the pedophile, Michael Jackson.
We all like to think we would have handled it better, if we had those "hundreds of millions". But chances are, we'll never know.

You sit in your ivory tower and pretend you know, to an absolute certainty, that you would have done a better job of handling the fortune & fame. The only person you'll be kidding is yourself.

Mind you, I am far from being a Whitney fan. Don't own one of her recordings. But I know I'm not perfect.

I still wish you peace.
Druggie Doll

Schenectady, NY

#8 Feb 18, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
We all like to think we would have handled it better, if we had those "hundreds of millions". But chances are, we'll never know.
You sit in your ivory tower and pretend you know, to an absolute certainty, that you would have done a better job of handling the fortune & fame. The only person you'll be kidding is yourself.
Mind you, I am far from being a Whitney fan. Don't own one of her recordings. But I know I'm not perfect.
I still wish you peace.
How about all the celebrities that live clean, moral lives?

Chances are, they die of old age and are never honored like this.

You die young, a loser and drug addict and you are made a saint?

You get rewarded just because you can't deal with being wealthy?

Please.

Whitney Houston was nothing but a drug addict sleezy bag lady.

Someone no one should admire just because she could sing.
Anonymous

Whittier, CA

#9 Feb 19, 2012
Druggie Doll wrote:
<quoted text>
How about all the celebrities that live clean, moral lives?
Chances are, they die of old age and are never honored like this.
You die young, a loser and drug addict and you are made a saint?
You get rewarded just because you can't deal with being wealthy?
Please.
Whitney Houston was nothing but a drug addict sleezy bag lady.
Someone no one should admire just because she could sing.
You're obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed. She was young, so yes, most of her fans are still alive. Many old actors & singers die after their fan base is mostly gone.

They are admiring the good she did. They are not "rewarding" her. Most celebrities avoid the pitfalls of fortune & fame. She didn't.

As I said, neither you nor I know how we would have dealt with it. Chances are, we would've been in the 90% who have done OK with it. But I am not going to sit here and claim that I know, with no doubt, that I wouldnt have made big mistakes with that type of wealth. I am not that ignorant.

You obviously don't get it. No worries. It's all good.
Druggie Doll

Schenectady, NY

#10 Feb 19, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed. She was young, so yes, most of her fans are still alive. Many old actors & singers die after their fan base is mostly gone.
They are admiring the good she did. They are not "rewarding" her. Most celebrities avoid the pitfalls of fortune & fame. She didn't.
As I said, neither you nor I know how we would have dealt with it. Chances are, we would've been in the 90% who have done OK with it. But I am not going to sit here and claim that I know, with no doubt, that I wouldnt have made big mistakes with that type of wealth. I am not that ignorant.
You obviously don't get it. No worries. It's all good.
Frank Sinatra still had his fan base before he died.

He made two highly successful duet albums before he passed also.

You fail.
Anonymous

Whittier, CA

#11 Feb 19, 2012
Druggie Doll wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank Sinatra still had his fan base before he died.
He made two highly successful duet albums before he passed also.
You fail.
Because you named one? Wow! You're even "duller" than I thought. LOL!!

Besides, you still didn't address the most important aspect of my point. You don't know how YOU would have dealt with the forunte & fame.

No one is perfect, including you. But feel free to post again and prove even further that you don't get it.
Anonymous

Whittier, CA

#12 Feb 19, 2012
fortune
Druggie Doll

Schenectady, NY

#13 Feb 19, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you named one? Wow! You're even "duller" than I thought. LOL!!
Besides, you still didn't address the most important aspect of my point. You don't know how YOU would have dealt with the forunte & fame.
No one is perfect, including you. But feel free to post again and prove even further that you don't get it.
You want me to name all the old celebrities still making money?

How about the long dead celebrities still raking in millions?

I would've dealt with fame and fortune by enjoying life drug free.

You are an idiot.
Anonymous

La Habra, CA

#14 Feb 20, 2012
Druggie Doll wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to name all the old celebrities still making money?
How about the long dead celebrities still raking in millions?
I would've dealt with fame and fortune by enjoying life drug free.
You are an idiot.
You are an ignorant fool. But keep pretending you KNOW for certain how you would've dealt with it. It's amusing.
Druggie Doll

Schenectady, NY

#15 Feb 20, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ignorant fool. But keep pretending you KNOW for certain how you would've dealt with it. It's amusing.
Give me about two hundred million and count the days until I die.

You'll be able to reach me on my houseboat in Hawaii.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Costner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kevin Costner Denies Rumors He And Wife Are Spl... (May '06) May '16 Glo 90
News Brampton mayor: Hurontario-Main LRT a once-in-a... (Feb '16) Feb '16 cant trust Brampton 1
Kevin Costner sunglasses in Mcfarland (Sep '15) Sep '15 Ivan 1
News Kevin Costner Discusses his Growing Music Caree... (Jun '15) Jun '15 JESSIE K 1
What are the glasses Kevin Costner wore in Mr B... (Jan '10) May '15 shandois 6
News Actor Kevin Costner's centrifugal separators ma... (May '10) Apr '15 wlminex 7
Kevin Costner : Sex pest? (Apr '06) Apr '14 Chuck Macquire 13
More from around the web