Country superstar Kenny Rogers coming...

Country superstar Kenny Rogers coming to town

There are 21 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 12, 2007, titled Country superstar Kenny Rogers coming to town. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

His credits include 22 no. 1 hits, 20 platinum albums and worldwide record sales topping 100 million.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 07

Candler, NC

#1 Mar 12, 2007
with the prices they charge for admission to events, theres no reason for the civic center to be in the shape that it is in

Asheville

#2 Mar 12, 2007
250.00 for Kenny Rogers...? he didn't even get that in his hey day. Guess where I won't be.

“RadicalDudette”

Location hidden

#3 Mar 12, 2007
Tickets are $47.50 and $32.50 plus service charges, with front row VIP seats available for $250.

Kenny Rogers will perform at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 19, at the Asheville Civic Center to benefit the New Life Center, whose mission is to build a multipurpose chapel for prisoners at the Buncombe Correctional Center.

Now someone please tell me if they would pay that price to sit in the civic center?

And then have Kenny Rogers go home and tell everyone what a piece of crap our civic center is>

Are you listening Bellamy?
Transpanted

Erie, PA

#4 Mar 12, 2007
Free wrote:
250.00 for Kenny Rogers...? he didn't even get that in his hey day. Guess where I won't be.
How do you think he is going to pay for that new face?
JackBootedThug

United States

#5 Mar 12, 2007
Well, I don't know his retirement plans, hope this ain't it.
I'll assume he is filling seats elsewhere.

“You stay classy, Asheville!”

Asheville, NC

#6 Mar 12, 2007
Free wrote:
They don't call him "The Gambler" for nothing....
Hunter

Asheville, NC

#7 Mar 13, 2007
He's become a home designer and builder in Atlanta, where he bought a 7 acre homesite, and then leveled all the trees...the neighborhood is really pissed off with Kenny...I think maybe that last facelift affected his brain...eyes pulled too tight...

“RadicalDudette”

Location hidden

#8 Mar 13, 2007
Hunter wrote:
He's become a home designer and builder in Atlanta, where he bought a 7 acre homesite, and then leveled all the trees...the neighborhood is really pissed off with Kenny...I think maybe that last facelift affected his brain...eyes pulled too tight...
Thanks for the inside scoop. That is so cruel. He
best not consider moving here. His home in Atlanta
will slide if it rains anymore.

The surgery affected his brain due to the anethesia!

United States

#9 Mar 13, 2007
Everyone wants a new civic center. Where is that money going to come from? Trees?:P
NSDAP

United States

#10 Mar 13, 2007
Maybe Asheville can take out bonds, go into big debit, build, issue stocks, and crap its pants just like in 1929.
Notice how Asheville was a ghost town until the debit was paid, 1983,4,5?

“RadicalDudette”

Location hidden

#11 Mar 13, 2007
rickm wrote:
Everyone wants a new civic center. Where is that money going to come from? Trees?:P
Well it sure should not come from the citizens paying for Kenny at mega bucks.
FedUp2

Wilsons Mills, NC

#12 Mar 13, 2007
MurphyMobile wrote:
Tickets are $47.50 and $32.50 plus service charges, with front row VIP seats available for $250.
Kenny Rogers will perform at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 19, at the Asheville Civic Center to benefit the New Life Center, whose mission is to build a multipurpose chapel for prisoners at the Buncombe Correctional Center.
They need to donate the money for a new Electric Chair at Raleigh Central. Now that would be a worthy cause.
Dunnin

United States

#13 Mar 13, 2007
FedUp2 wrote:
<quoted text>
They need to donate the money for a new Electric Chair at Raleigh Central. Now that would be a worthy cause.
I would donate to that cause, but only if they were really going to use it.
fun

Boiling Springs, SC

#14 Mar 13, 2007
All you rednecks are just mad that the tickets are out of your budget, you know you love Kenny Rogers ( i mean you make the kids put on their suday best clothes when you visit the resturant)........

I'm sure the cops can just rob some minorites they pull over for the money to see Kenny..........

“RadicalDudette”

Location hidden

#16 Mar 14, 2007
fun wrote:
All you rednecks are just mad that the tickets are out of your budget, you know you love Kenny Rogers ( i mean you make the kids put on their suday best clothes when you visit the resturant)........
I'm sure the cops can just rob some minorites they pull over for the money to see Kenny..........
Watch who you call redneck. You cannot spell,
and possibly cannot read on a 12 grade level.

The folks around here just do not think Kenny is worth the price.

And since this is not your town, SHUT UP.

“RadicalDudette”

Location hidden

#17 Mar 14, 2007
really wrote:
Who you kidding....most minorites don't have any money. Well that is unless the goverment gave them some but as soon as they get that they will just buy crack or 40oz beer.
How about defining minorities. Since Asheville has
had numerous ethnic groups move here, you are assuming that "generalizing" is just fine.

Well you are incorrect.

“RadicalDudette”

Location hidden

#18 Mar 14, 2007
FedUp2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or an upgraded gas chamber. And some real folks
to do the lethal injections.

But the criminals will start screaming that it is cruel and unusual punishment. Along with their wimpy lawyer.
carrie

Montevideo, Uruguay

#19 Mar 14, 2007
KENNY ROGERS IS GREAT. NEW SINGLE "CALLING ME" DUET DON HENLEY.... REQUEST YOU LOCAL RADIO

United States

#20 Mar 14, 2007
carrie wrote:
KENNY ROGERS IS GREAT. NEW SINGLE "CALLING ME" DUET DON HENLEY.... REQUEST YOU LOCAL RADIO
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

SOMEONE SET US UP THE BOMB.

United States

#21 Mar 14, 2007
carrie wrote:
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenny Rogers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenny Rogers nude (Nov '11) Jan '15 unknown 2
News Kenny Rogers Takes a 'Gamble' and Wins with Spe... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Maybe 2
News Kenny Rogers Rocks Pacc (Apr '14) May '14 tired of crybabies 9
song beginning by`look at me (Nov '13) Nov '13 julot 1
Manchester Apollo - 2 Tickets (Jun '13) Jun '13 Chris H 1
News Is Scottsdale's John Smith the Secret Love Chil... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Paul 4
News Dolly Parton Threatens to Sue Howard Stern Over... (May '08) Mar '13 enemy combatant 395
More from around the web