Kenny G's sweet sounds

Kenny G's sweet sounds

There are 19 comments on the News Press story from Apr 7, 2006, titled Kenny G's sweet sounds. In it, News Press reports that:

It's somehow comforting to know that even a mega-star saxophone player like Kenny G needs to practice, practice, practice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Press.

Neurotoxin

Houston, TX

#1 May 15, 2006
Sweets sounds out his ass. Kenny g is a disgrace, it would be comforting if he stopped playing. He disrespected the god of jazz louis Armstrong by comparing himself to him by overdubbing what a wonderful world.
Paula Katal

Long Beach, CA

#2 Jun 26, 2006
The tribute Kenny G made to Louis Armstrong was beautiful, what a wonderful way to remember Mr.Armstrong and introduce a new generation to his music.Kenny G was honoring Mr. Armstrong by reflecting his image on stage and playing along with the his music. Kenny's beautiful rendition of, What A Wonderful World, made me reflect on the jazz greats! Thanks for helping us to remember that our world can be a wonderful world, as long as we have jazz artist like Kenny G on our planet!
David

Kamerunga, Australia

#3 Oct 4, 2006
hey i was wandering if anyone had some Kenny G Music they would like 2 swap. I have couple song books. If so please e-mail me at [email protected]

Since: Dec 06

United States

#4 Dec 14, 2006
Neurotoxin wrote:
Sweets sounds out his ass. Kenny g is a disgrace, it would be comforting if he stopped playing. He disrespected the god of jazz louis Armstrong by comparing himself to him by overdubbing what a wonderful world.
Thank you for that. I wouldn't go as far as you did in your description, but I'm definately not a Kenny G fan.
Cathrine

Austin, TX

#5 Dec 26, 2006
Katiebug wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that. I wouldn't go as far as you did in your description, but I'm definately not a Kenny G fan.
wow! well do any of you actually play Saxophone. What he does is amazing. The only reason to beat down his name like that is because you don't know who much it takes to play like that. Please Keep you rude remarks to yourself.If he was really disrespecting Jazz he wouldn't have so many fan. Also, if you actually look at his tapes Kenny G has never admited that he is a Jazz artist.
NOt telling

United States

#6 Feb 11, 2007
Kenny G does not suck he is the best damn player there is so everyone that hates him is just jelious and is an idiot
CynBad

Bremerton, WA

#7 Feb 11, 2007
Kenny G is not a jazz artist. He is an "easy listening" artist. He's fine in that regard.
But he is no jazz player.
Noemi del Carmen

Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico

#8 Feb 18, 2007
Kenny G has never said he is a jazz artist, he is a very gifted musician who happens to play what some regard as "easy listening music" which is fine with me. Must we always have to beat down someone who does things differently? His music makes me and millions of others around the world happy, in the world in which we live today with so much horror, violence and pain I say "Kenny, thank you"
russ helm

Lake Orion, MI

#9 Feb 19, 2007
ellington said it best, "there's 2 kinds of music....good and bad", personally i'll lump kenny in w/ bad...but that's just me. if you like him, and his music does it for you....more power to you.

however, i dont consider him a jazz musician given he readily admitted that he doesn't really listen to music at all during his nonperformance time (which is not a sign of a jazz musician).

anyway, if you like him....enjoy his music.
Fats Delimo

Winton, CA

#10 Apr 19, 2007
You are just jealous because you can't play or sell your music!
Jamie

Birmingham, UK

#11 Jun 1, 2007
I think Kenny is great at what he does! however, i do not like what he does.
David Lukes

Prague, Czech Republic

#12 Jun 3, 2007
Cathrine wrote:
<quoted text>
wow! well do any of you actually play Saxophone. What he does is amazing. The only reason to beat down his name like that is because you don't know who much it takes to play like that. Please Keep you rude remarks to yourself.If he was really disrespecting Jazz he wouldn't have so many fan. Also, if you actually look at his tapes Kenny G has never admited that he is a Jazz artist.
uh.. actually, I do play saxophone. firstly, kenny g's saxophone playing is sharp, both in terms of tone and timbre, which makes it rather eerie and disagreeable. secondly, his abuse of major pentatonic scales is offensive. thirdly, you should read something about Gaussian distribution on wikipedia. it's easy to deduce from the curves therein that the interesting stuff (e.g. what differs from the mainstream) can hardly have any audience at all (at least at the time of its creation). please, if you derive anything from the number of kenny g's fans, let it be that he's unoriginal and dull.
kingy

Plymouth, UK

#13 Jun 8, 2007
IMO, he is the most famous saxophonist in the world..anyone disagree with that?
Kenny G is the greatest at ALL TIME ...
tedhaoyang

Guangzhou, China

#14 Mar 18, 2008
for me, his music is good---especially those during 90's
botak

Melaka, Malaysia

#15 Mar 24, 2008
IMO, he is not the greatest but he is famous though
Grim Reaper

Bellingham, WA

#16 Apr 6, 2008
[URL=" http://tinypic.com/flek.php... ;]View My TinyFx[/URL]
davidb

Carmichael, CA

#17 Apr 20, 2008
If you people think his music is so bad and his alticimo notes are so out of tune, why don't you write your own music and get famous, just like him. If he shuck that much, then you should be the one playing, probably you'll (think) do better!!!! for the people don't think Kenny g is a good sax player.
sammo

UK

#18 Apr 17, 2011
My love is trad jazz. However Kenny g has captured my taste of smooth, easy listening jazz. Some may argue that his music is not 'true jazz', but his music is still great and technically very differcult. Nowone plays sax like Kenny.

Any over 50 million albums sold in the US alone is not bad at all.

Sammo

yernogoood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#19 Apr 18, 2011
Whoever first called this creep a musician must have been tone deaf. What a boring sound this chump has.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenny G Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stoopid question... what brand sax does he use? (Jul '06) Nov '12 slf 4
kennety bruce gorelick (Feb '12) Feb '12 joseilto 1
News Richmond African American Relationships: Dec. 5-11 (Dec '11) Dec '11 Glen Allen 10
News Drummer Bruce Carter Dies (Oct '06) Mar '11 HGP-69 10
saxophone (Jul '07) Aug '10 SopranoSaxBoss 2
News This just in: RIP Smooth Jazz CD101.9 (Apr '08) Mar '10 Christina 8
smooth melodic band (Dec '09) Dec '09 JACK 1
More from around the web