John Travolta and Kevin Spacey Dodge ...

John Travolta and Kevin Spacey Dodge Gay Bulletsa "Yet Again

There are 16 comments on the E! Online story from Dec 18, 2010, titled John Travolta and Kevin Spacey Dodge Gay Bulletsa "Yet Again. In it, E! Online reports that:

Kevin Spacey has now re-entered the gay-rumor game after a few years of folks pretty much leaving him alone about it .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at E! Online.

StevenCA

New York, NY

#1 Dec 18, 2010
He's not gay. He's Keyser Soze.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2 Dec 18, 2010
Insofar as I know, neither Travolta or Spacey have ever attacked the gay community. If they are gay (and we don't know if they are) leave them alone until and unless they come out on their own, or they attack GLBT folks.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#3 Dec 18, 2010
Since neither of them has come on to me, I cannot say, but I find that where there is smoke, there is usually fire. When I was young there were whispers about Rock Hudson and Troy Donahue and Liberace Jim Neighbors and a couple of others whose names escape me now.

In my youth I could not believe it. "NO, they are movie stars and kiss women in movies and go on dates! Rock Hudson is MARRIED!" I was VERY young then.

We see how that turned out. Again, I have not seen the gentlemen in "action" but, well, who knows?

And, Ralph, I will disagree with you which I have never done before. A closeted gay person does much harm to his brothers and sisters by making it seem bad and something to be ashamed of and perpetuating the homophobia. Look at the few brave Hollywood types who HAVE come out. They are true role models.
StevenCA

New York, NY

#4 Dec 18, 2010
Curteese wrote:
Since neither of them has come on to me, I cannot say, but I find that where there is smoke, there is usually fire. When I was young there were whispers about Rock Hudson and Troy Donahue and Liberace Jim Neighbors and a couple of others whose names escape me now.
In my youth I could not believe it. "NO, they are movie stars and kiss women in movies and go on dates! Rock Hudson is MARRIED!" I was VERY young then.
We see how that turned out. Again, I have not seen the gentlemen in "action" but, well, who knows?
And, Ralph, I will disagree with you which I have never done before. A closeted gay person does much harm to his brothers and sisters by making it seem bad and something to be ashamed of and perpetuating the homophobia. Look at the few brave Hollywood types who HAVE come out. They are true role models.
I agree. Closeted people hurt the cause of equal rights for all of us.
StevenCA

New York, NY

#5 Dec 18, 2010
And why is "gay" a "bullet" ? If they were asked if they were Jewish, Greek Orthodox, or Buddhist, each a "lifestyle choice", and refused to answer such a personal question, whould they be "dodging the "Jewish bullet" ? Or the "Greek Orthodox bullet" or the "Buddhist bullet" ???!!!

This is yeat ANOTHER instance of someone denigrating people for an innate characteristic.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#6 Dec 18, 2010
Curteese wrote:
Since neither of them has come on to me, I cannot say, but I find that where there is smoke, there is usually fire. When I was young there were whispers about Rock Hudson and Troy Donahue and Liberace Jim Neighbors and a couple of others whose names escape me now.
In my youth I could not believe it. "NO, they are movie stars and kiss women in movies and go on dates! Rock Hudson is MARRIED!" I was VERY young then.
We see how that turned out. Again, I have not seen the gentlemen in "action" but, well, who knows?
And, Ralph, I will disagree with you which I have never done before. A closeted gay person does much harm to his brothers and sisters by making it seem bad and something to be ashamed of and perpetuating the homophobia. Look at the few brave Hollywood types who HAVE come out. They are true role models.
Well, we can agree to disagree. I see no merit in outing people, who for their own reasons do not come out. And unless you have proof that someone is gay, I suggest we leave them to their own devices. I will only qualify that by saying that those who do go out of their way to harm us, and are gay, should be outed.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#7 Dec 18, 2010
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we can agree to disagree. I see no merit in outing people, who for their own reasons do not come out. And unless you have proof that someone is gay, I suggest we leave them to their own devices. I will only qualify that by saying that those who do go out of their way to harm us, and are gay, should be outed.
You're correct, Ralph, but if a famous person who was gay DID come out, it makes it that much more mystifying to the general public and they realize that people they like and admire can be as gay as can be.

It makes no difference to me who someone sleeps with. It is none of my business. However, if these guys ARE gay, then why not admit it?

It would help so many others, especially those who are questioning and ashamed like the recent young people suicides to see famous and powerful people are just like they are.

with all respect, have a good holiday if we don't communicate next week. Curt

Since: Dec 10

San Diego, CA

#8 Dec 18, 2010
StevenCA wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Closeted people hurt the cause of equal rights for all of us.
I disagree. Coming out is a very private, very personal thing, and a person has to have the mental preparation and strength of character to be able to make that announcement. Some people may never get there, for whatever reasons.

Have you ever tried to console someone who was outed before they were emotionally ready to make that announcement? It is very traumatic and leads to many psychological problems. If you want to destroy someone go ahead and out them before they are ready. I just hope you can live with the guilt of knowing you're destroying not just the gay person, but also hurting many other people in their lives.
StevenCA

New York, NY

#9 Dec 18, 2010
BoringOldMe wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Coming out is a very private, very personal thing, and a person has to have the mental preparation and strength of character to be able to make that announcement. Some people may never get there, for whatever reasons.
Have you ever tried to console someone who was outed before they were emotionally ready to make that announcement? It is very traumatic and leads to many psychological problems. If you want to destroy someone go ahead and out them before they are ready. I just hope you can live with the guilt of knowing you're destroying not just the gay person, but also hurting many other people in their lives.
I'm not advocating outing someone against their will. I'm merely saying that people staying closeted obviously hurts us.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#10 Dec 18, 2010
Do we really care... if they are or not? No.
StevenCA

New York, NY

#11 Dec 18, 2010
Imprtnrd wrote:
Do we really care... if they are or not? No.
Yes, we do care. It's important for prominent people to be out to serve as role models, and show that we're NOT some miniscule unimportant weird minority.
CHAS

Breckenridge, CO

#12 Dec 18, 2010
They are not working against gays.
They are merely remaining ridiculous by staying in the closet.
Efforts should be directed elsewhere.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13 Dec 18, 2010
"Unless I'm s#@king your @[email protected], it's none of your goddam business" - Brian Kinney "QaF"

I tend to agree.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Parksley, VA

#14 Dec 18, 2010
Gossip is fun!

However, any successful adult being closeted at this juncture is curiously pathetic.

That's what makes the gossip so fun!
spaceysdaterape

Bolton, MA

#15 May 14, 2011
Imprtnrd wrote:
Do we really care... if they are or not? No.
Kevin Spacey is not hiding the fact that he is GAY, he is afraid theat the public will find out he is a PEDOPHILE, we know 4 a fact that he is, 2 victims, and Hollywood HAS always known that he is a sexual deviant- agressive bastard-forces himself on kids- Sally Greene doesnt get him out of the OLD VIC- we know people who r going 2 do it 4 here- age limit 24 and under - now went 2 childern 4 old pervert Kevie- I can't wait till they expose him, release pics of old wank on top a boy who was all of 13-Spacey's full face suckin kids weapon like a popcicle-his ugly birthmark on top of his head,neck & all-dirty old fag

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#16 May 16, 2011
spaceysdaterape wrote:
<quoted text>Kevin Spacey is not hiding the fact that he is GAY, he is afraid theat the public will find out he is a PEDOPHILE, we know 4 a fact that he is, 2 victims, and Hollywood HAS always known that he is a sexual deviant- agressive bastard-forces himself on kids- Sally Greene doesnt get him out of the OLD VIC- we know people who r going 2 do it 4 here- age limit 24 and under - now went 2 childern 4 old pervert Kevie- I can't wait till they expose him, release pics of old wank on top a boy who was all of 13-Spacey's full face suckin kids weapon like a popcicle-his ugly birthmark on top of his head,neck & all-dirty old fag
Prove it, big mouth. I was on the Internet for half an hour and found NOTHING of this story, not even a rumor. Prove it, and I will admit it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kelly Preston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Broken Bridges' TV Debut (Dec '06) May '15 rebel111 2
News Travolta and Preston donate to Mandela's charity (Jun '10) Dec '13 Red Pill 4
News 'Eulogy' (Dec '08) Jul '13 VIRA 2
News Why Did Jett Travolta Have to Die? (Jan '09) Sep '12 Pharma Maims Kills 15
News John Travolta's Scientology surprise (Oct '09) Oct '11 SevenSkateboards 7
Kelly Preston nude ! (May '11) May '11 Paul 1
News John Travolta to name baby Benjamin (Nov '10) Jan '11 judgejudy 9
More from around the web