Concert Review | Keith Urban: Nashvil...

Concert Review | Keith Urban: Nashville crooner connects with fans | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 17 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 19, 2011, titled Concert Review | Keith Urban: Nashville crooner connects with fans | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Advance notice to those planning to see Keith Urban perform Thursday night in Cleveland : You needn't spring for front-row seats.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Sue Colgan

Thornville, OH

#1 Jul 19, 2011
Freakin' awesome concert!!! Thanks to Danny Radar (newest member of the band) for allowing us fans to take a few pictures with him after the show. What a fun concert! Well worth the money!
hamburger pimp

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 20, 2011
I suppose I should listen to some of his songs on YouTube before shooting my mouth off, but seismologists across the South have noticed a strange rumbling caused by rotation in the graves of Johnny Paycheck, Gary Stewart, Hank Williams, and Patsy Cline each time pretty boys like this guy perform their "crossover" country (or "country") music. When did hillbilly and honky tonk music turn into AOR pop for housewives?
Imanurbangirl2

Highgate Hill, Australia

#3 Jul 20, 2011
New Zealand-born AUSTRALIAN ... and a very talented, proud and loyal Australian singer, songwriter, musician at that ...
Alice

San Angelo, TX

#4 Jul 20, 2011
Best singer/guitarist/musician and ENTERTAINER in the music business today. His concerts leave you wishing for another Keith Urban concert as soon as possible. No one compares to Keith!!!
Gloria

Carrollton, GA

#5 Jul 20, 2011
AWESOME review!! I will see Keith in about 2 weeks and I'm so excited. I've seen him many times and it always seems like the very first! He is an OUTSTANDING entertainer in my book!! Kevin, so glad you seem to appreciate Keith's hard work!!
Lynn

Alma, WI

#6 Jul 20, 2011
Hamburger. Did you mean Marty Stuart? Keith Urban is a fantastic entertainer. One of the best guitarists on the planet. He does "country" music proud. He isn't the only one in "country" to put a little "pop" or a lttle "rock" in it. I for one, am proud to be a fan. Whatever you choose to call it!
Kim

Grand Prairie, TX

#7 Jul 20, 2011
I wasn't at this particular concert, but I have seen several on the Get Closer tour and this review is spot on. Keith is a talented singer and songwriter and an incredible guitarist and entertainer. His love of various genres of music is obvious. I never tire of seeing Keith perform: his number one goal is to give people their money's worth-his does that and more!! The band and crew are also committed to putting on the best show possible. Not only does Keith travel around the arena, Danny, Brian and Jerry also make use of various stages and ramps. I've never seen anyone leave a Keith Urban concert disappointed. This is the one show you must see this summer!! I'm looking forward to several more!
Nope

Columbus, OH

#8 Jul 20, 2011
Wait wait wait....NEAR CAPACITY? That was the lowest attendance I've seen at any of the many concerts I've attended at Nationwide. There were probably 7-8 sections in the upper bowl that had no one, yes, no one, sitting in them. Don't need to exaggerate to make a good review there buddy!
hamburger pimp

Columbus, OH

#9 Jul 20, 2011
Lynn wrote:
Hamburger. Did you mean Marty Stuart? Keith Urban is a fantastic entertainer. One of the best guitarists on the planet. He does "country" music proud. He isn't the only one in "country" to put a little "pop" or a lttle "rock" in it. I for one, am proud to be a fan. Whatever you choose to call it!
Oh well, to each his own, there's no point in arguing over whose music is better. I meant Gary Stewart, who had several hits in the 70's- "Drinking Thing", "Out of Hand", She's Acting Single, I'm Drinking Doubles".
Carl

Columbus, OH

#10 Jul 20, 2011
Your review was right on the money. What an amazing entertainer. I wish he could have made it to all 4 corners of the arena.
Carl

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 20, 2011
Nope wrote:
Wait wait wait....NEAR CAPACITY? That was the lowest attendance I've seen at any of the many concerts I've attended at Nationwide. There were probably 7-8 sections in the upper bowl that had no one, yes, no one, sitting in them. Don't need to exaggerate to make a good review there buddy!
I must admit if it hadn't been for the "Sweet Thing" promotion we probably would not have went ( 2 lower bowl tickets, 2 drinks and 2 dogs $50 ). Thank you Keith, promoter, arena, ticketmaster, whoever. Great seats and a good time.
Faye

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 20, 2011
I could not agree more. That was my 4th and best concert ever. He is such a entertainer and this years everything was extra special good. I was so lucky to be a BSE meet and greet winner and will take this experience with me forever. Hugs from Keith, group picture where I was squeezed right up to him, he makes all of you feel so special and he is kind and witty. I am floating around this morning and probably for along time after that show. Memories for a lifetime.
JoeUser

Columbus, OH

#13 Jul 20, 2011
Good show. But the sound mix for opening act Jake Owen was much better than it was for Keith. The sound levels just seemed off for all of Keith's songs except the ballads.
firemom

Mansfield, OH

#14 Jul 20, 2011
I have seen Keith Urban every time he comes to Columbus and he never lets you down. He always gives his all and makes you leave feelin like you owe him more money because the concert was so awesome and tickets are not near the cost of other entertainers who dont even come close to putting on a show like Keith does.
Glad to see this reviewer actually appreciates Keiths music and talent.
Even if Keith doesnt win ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR AWARDS HE IS THE ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED.
Keep it up Keith You are awesome!!!!!!!!
Redneck Girl

Duluth, GA

#16 Jul 20, 2011
wow i love country music but to be honset i don't care for keith urban that much but he is still good though!!!!!
Suzy q

Pittsboro, NC

#17 Jul 20, 2011
Awesome show..I saw it..he is a crowd pleaser for shore+
mary

Denver, CO

#18 Jul 20, 2011
great revue... and , yes keith is amazing. so much energy.. and loves his fans.... glad you thought so too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keith Urban Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Country star Keith Urban is still recording his... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Shyam 1
News Keith Urban Feels Emasculated By Kidman (Mar '07) Nov '15 Gfc 43
News Fox calling an end to 'American Idol' (May '15) May '15 Mets Fan Forever 3
News The Sad Quest for a Country-Singing 'American I... (Aug '12) May '15 rebel111 3
News 'American Idol': Is it over? (Apr '15) Apr '15 Schnooki 2
keith urban sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Oct '14 what a joke 415
News Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at conce... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Likker Holder 1
More from around the web