Elisabeth

Richmond Hill, Canada

#191 Aug 7, 2012
yelenav wrote:
But my last lesson learned - don't believe internet (too much)
I very much appreciate you sharing that yelenav :)

The internet can be fun. Connections made with people half way across the world. Answers to questions that have been rolling around in the head, the world at our fingertips etc etc...yet there is a dark side of it too!!!!

Thank You for that very gentle reminder :)
Elisabeth

Richmond Hill, Canada

#192 Aug 8, 2012
I really need to proof read my posts. Should be
multitalented actor (or ultratalented):)

Anyways...Happy Hump Day All!!

Be safe and stay good

&fe ature=youtu.be

Since: May 12

New York, NY

#193 Aug 10, 2012
Elisabeth wrote:
I am truly looking forward to watching Generation Um!!!
My dvd from Thailand is still on its way, over 2 wks now. When did you order yours?

New York, NY

#194 Aug 13, 2012
LucaM wrote:
<quoted text>
August 31 ;)
Free Breeze wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi YelenaV, thank you for sharing the information and the MoMa link! Regrettably I am out of New York in the end of August - commitments fixed months ago that cannot be changed in a sort notice.
Great news Elisabeth, YelenaV & LucaM! My August-September trip overseas is postponed, out of the blue! How wonderful is the power of a good wish! Just a couple of days ago I wished I did not need to do this trip, and instead go side by side with my daughter to see this film...! It's happening!:))

New York, NY

#195 Aug 13, 2012
Now that it's a GO with Side by Side (August 31) I went to check up some websites that you people may also be interested in:

Wachowski interview:
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/08...

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/08/10/keanu-re...

&fe ature=youtu.be
I feel sorry for his eyes. My eyes start hurting even after a half a day at my computer LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I love those two times Mr Reeves takes his due time to answer these questions (which were partially impossible to answer anyway, IMHO). He answers the questions honestly and in dignified manner. Too often in interviews people ask "tricky" questions that may be impossible to answer 100 % "correctly". Too often interviews (particularly in the USA) are just pure entertainment rather than being informative. Mr Reeves comes across in a very sympathetic and informative way here.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/side-by-side-mov...
http://www.slantmagazine.com/film/review/side...
Elisabeth

Richmond Hill, Canada

#196 Aug 14, 2012
Free Breeze wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Great news Elisabeth, YelenaV & LucaM! My August-September trip overseas is postponed, out of the blue! How wonderful is the power of a good wish! Just a couple of days ago I wished I did not need to do this trip, and instead go side by side with my daughter to see this film...! It's happening!:))
How positively wonderful Free Breeze!!!! I could not be happier for you and your daughter :)

New York, NY

#197 Aug 14, 2012
LucaM wrote:
... I'm adding 'Generation Um' to the list of my favorite films ever.
Both because of the story and the character.
Me too. Just watched it. Loved it! Perhaps writing a short review in a couple of days.

New York, NY

#198 Aug 14, 2012
Elisabeth wrote:
<quoted text>
How positively wonderful Free Breeze!!!! I could not be happier for you and your daughter :)
Thanks Elisabeth! We also had a wonderful day today, first went to see a silly-crazy movie "The Campaign", laughing our eyes off. Evening we went to a Philharmonic Concert where one of my long-time favorite Conductors Osmo Vanska (currently in Minnesota) was a visiting guest.(My most favorite conductor is Esa-Pekka Salonen who works in LA). And late night, coming home, found out that "Generation Um" had arrived.

New York, NY

#199 Aug 14, 2012
Andromeda-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my place! I just googled "Ontario cottage country" under images and I picked that pic.:0)
My place is a "blank slate". Therefore no urgency to get up there every weekend. Someday we'll build on it.'Til then between friends and family, we're having fun.
Andromeda-1, did you go there, to Lake Ontario? What was the place like?

I think the pics were nice, just like in my place. Trees, views, everything. How was the lake - swimming-wise? Sand - rock-mud..?
Yes I understood it was a rental. Did you like the house?

New York, NY

#200 Aug 15, 2012
LucaM wrote:
Free Breeze - thanks for the links.
It's gonna be a long summer...and the reading will stretch into autumn, maybe winter...
But I'll read them. eventually.
I got something for you yesterday: Google this book:'Everything guide to Understanding Philosophy. The basic concepts of the greatest thinkers of all time made easy'. Written by Kenneth Shouler PhD. Publ by Adams Media, Avon, MA, 2008.$15.95. It is this silly "Everything" series but I got the book anyway and generally, it is OK. Putting all writers into a proper time perspective and "-ism" perspective. I would have loved if somebody gave me this long ago (or sth like this)... as a shortcut. You're welcome.

Second book I bought was James P. Sterba (ed by); Principles of Morality; the Why and the What of it", Westview Press, Philadelphia, PA, 2012. Barnes & Noble about $28. The idea with the study of Ethics & Moral Theory is NOT to be moralist (such as church & puritanical etc that you pointed out), telling you what you SHOULD do. NOT. I agree the word is confusingly similar but the idea is pretty much different. You make moral & ethical decisions for example daily when protecting environment, re-cycling, not eating Brazil beef, tuna fish etc. So normative theorists are NOT moralists. They will never tell you what you SHOULD do. They only make you think and to make your own decisions. To have your own principles and values. That's why I think you might actually like to read them. Welcome.

Third book I bought yesterday was Irving Singer, "Philosophy of Love, Partial Summing-Up", MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 2009. This professor is the author of the trilogy "The Nature of Love" and "Meaning in Life". The author gives for example the "Much ado about nothing" as one of the illustrations. Welcome- encore.

#201 Aug 16, 2012
Technical question:

Why does my last posts have the number #197-200 and the general list says this Topic has only 191 posts altogether?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#202 Aug 19, 2012
FreeBreeze - thanks for the recommendations.

New York, NY

#203 Aug 19, 2012
LucaM wrote:
FreeBreeze - thanks for the recommendations.
Welcome :)

Location hidden

#205 Aug 20, 2012
Hellywood wrote:
I like the one where he sounds monotone and has no facial expressions. Oh wait.....
I'm waiting.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#207 Aug 21, 2012
Free Breeze wrote:
<quoted text>
Andromeda-1, did you go there, to Lake Ontario? What was the place like?
No. There are many lakes throughout Ontario and Quebec. The lakes I swim in are deep and the temperature is "fresh" (warm spots interspersed with cool areas (or vice versa?)).:0) There are sandy and pebbly areas, but most are Canadian shield meets water.:0)

Canadian shield: http://www.ontariobassfishing.ca/sscinclude/a...

Location hidden

#208 Aug 21, 2012
Hellywood wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all of them! Hahahaha.
And just which would those be?
How many of them?

New York, NY

#209 Aug 21, 2012
Andromeda-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. There are many lakes throughout Ontario and Quebec. The lakes I swim in are deep and the temperature is "fresh" (warm spots interspersed with cool areas (or vice versa?)).:0) There are sandy and pebbly areas, but most are Canadian shield meets water.:0)
Canadian shield: http://www.ontariobassfishing.ca/sscinclude/a...
Lovely! Thank you! Photos are almost exactly like from my Lake House area. Except we have smaller fish in my lake LOL.

“"Daddy's coming"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#210 Aug 21, 2012
Free Breeze wrote:
Technical question:
Why does my last posts have the number #197-200 and the general list says this Topic has only 191 posts altogether?
I got this one! The moderators will remove posts from time to time. I'll spare you my gory details..lessons learned on a topix site..if there is something obscene or if another poster complains enough..the moderators will take action! Hope this helps!

Cheerio time to go!

Harmony!

New York, NY

#211 Aug 21, 2012
Queen OneEightyTwo wrote:
<quoted text>
I got this one! The moderators will remove posts from time to time. I'll spare you my gory details..lessons learned on a topix site..if there is something obscene or if another poster complains enough..the moderators will take action! Hope this helps!
Cheerio time to go!
Harmony!
I guess that explains. I also tried to get one of my posts removed (because of one merely technical hick-up) but they did not.....:((

New York, NY

#213 Aug 21, 2012
Hellywood wrote:
Keanu Reeves might be a robot.
Great! Super!
If that's the case my next Masters Degree will be in Artificial Intelligence....!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keanu Reeves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keanu Reeves Psychic Prediction From Psychic-Su... 12 hr Suzanne 60
Who do you want to be ? May 17 Suzanne 81
Defenders of the Faith (Jul '09) May 14 No and No 1,495
The private life of Keanu Reeves (Mar '13) May 14 FoolMustApologize... 133
How do you use power.? (Oct '14) May 14 FoolMustApologize... 19
j-o-k-e-s (Jul '09) May 7 eksor 479
Shakespeare in the Kitchen! (Jul '09) May 5 Andromeda-1 577
More from around the web