First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Since: Nov 12

Manchester, UK

#1 Nov 24, 2012
Hi

I really enjoy Keanu Reeves' movies (especially Thumbsucker) and have read that he's into Nietzsche. This may seem like a silly question but is Keanu Reeves an athiest? Just wondering what his beliefs are as a lot of Hollywood actors hide their atheism.
yelenav

Brussels, Belgium

#2 Nov 24, 2012
I'm afraid, only Mr. Reeves himself could answer your question. Thinking, he is in Poland now, with his old friends Wachowsky's, after-screening...probably you've missed the best moment to ask your question ;]
With such question/thread name - first you have shaked me awaken and then made me smile - because it remembered me about my sweet childhood. I grew up in the most atheistic country in the world - USSR. But I had a kind of nunny, old woman from the countryside, she was religious and spoke, sometimes to me about God. At those time I was quite fascinated by a huge art book, that we had - Dresden' Art Gallery reproductions. As you understand, there are a lot of pictures there about religious thema's.And, of course , many people there are tortured, suffering or death. So, in our theological discussions, about my 4-5th, I didn't use irony, hyperbolisation or case study - I tried to bring my opponent to the path of truth, saying "God doesn't exist, God died".
Never new that I was speaking Nietzsche.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 24, 2012
I haven't watched Thumbsucker. But, Yel is right only Keanu can answer what denomination he is or isn't. If I had to guess though...Buddhism fits..

Personally I have grown up around ministers, and several family members in various denominations. Organized Religion doesn't fit with me. I feel we are all Gods and evolving consciousness.

Manchester, UK

#4 Nov 24, 2012
yelenav wrote:
I'm afraid, only Mr. Reeves himself could answer your question. Thinking, he is in Poland now, with his old friends Wachowsky's, after-screening...probably you've missed the best moment to ask your question ;]
With such question/thread name - first you have shaked me awaken and then made me smile - because it remembered me about my sweet childhood. I grew up in the most atheistic country in the world - USSR. But I had a kind of nunny, old woman from the countryside, she was religious and spoke, sometimes to me about God. At those time I was quite fascinated by a huge art book, that we had - Dresden' Art Gallery reproductions. As you understand, there are a lot of pictures there about religious thema's.And, of course , many people there are tortured, suffering or death. So, in our theological discussions, about my 4-5th, I didn't use irony, hyperbolisation or case study - I tried to bring my opponent to the path of truth, saying "God doesn't exist, God died".
Never new that I was speaking Nietzsche.
Yeah, the quote is 'God is dead', heard similar phrases in a few of his films. I'm new to this forum, there are some real hardcore fans on here isn't there?, I just think he is a good actor. I would be good if he did go public with his atheism (presuming he is one).
I'm glad I made you smile!

Manchester, UK

#5 Nov 24, 2012
Well I studied Archaeology so I am firmly in the atheist camp: )

Location hidden

#6 Nov 24, 2012
FranklyMrShankly wrote:
Well I studied Archaeology so I am firmly in the atheist camp:)
Archaeology huh?? That's cool!!! I worked with a guy who went to school for that. He was sooo smart. I guess he dug up fragments of dinosaur bones...but he went back to school to finish his degree. Cool career...I am the contrast of intelligence...lol!
ardith

United States

#7 Nov 25, 2012
In one of his very old interviews, he said he did not believe in God then he kind of wavered and then he said, he didn't really believe in God. It would take me a while to find the interview, even though I read it last week.

Location hidden

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Well, if you look at the types of movies he has done....it reflects an higher power. That's the main reason I was drawn to him...by the content in the movies...internal journey type of thing. I could be wrong but, I doubt it. He has evolved drastically in the years & that's what I like the most.

When people say God is dead to me....it means things are not going right therefore God is not real. I have thought it before, but realized it was a lack of awareness....self responsibility sucks sometimes..lol Besides if one thinks God is dead...believes God was alive.. God is Good kind of thingy...interesting. O well it really doesn't matter what a person beliefs are...as long as they dont hurt others.*=0)
yelenav

Brussels, Belgium

#9 Nov 26, 2012
By the way, funny name you've chosen. Do you realize that , if you'd stay here, after the time people would make it shorter - are you ready to became Mr. Shankly? Or would it be Frank?
And, speaking about choices - archeology is an amazing one. What's your speciality?

Location hidden

#10 Nov 26, 2012
Yel, I think the convo hit a dead end...lol

Manchester, UK

#11 Nov 26, 2012
yelenav wrote:
By the way, funny name you've chosen. Do you realize that , if you'd stay here, after the time people would make it shorter - are you ready to became Mr. Shankly? Or would it be Frank?
And, speaking about choices - archeology is an amazing one. What's your speciality?
Hi Yelenav, the name is a Smith's song title, the lyrics are quite funny. I had to leave university to work, it was too expensive but I love evolution, Neanderthals and chimps:) So are you in the US or Poland? I'm in the UK.
ardith

United States

#12 Nov 26, 2012
I think blissfull is a bully. Telling people what they believe. He said he did not believe in god but of course you insist that he does. Afterall...you know everything, right?

Keep your ignorant, revolting religion out of my face.

Location hidden

#13 Nov 26, 2012
Lol....I never said what Keanu believes. I gave my opinion...did you even READ what I said? Because I clearly wrote.... ONLY KEANU CAN ANSWER WHAT DENOMINATION HE IS OR ISN'T. I have clearly heard him say "Thank God" and look up in an interview....speaking of the flat tire & car incident shortly after. Soo, you see one thing...I see another. Bully?? Lol!!! I dont need your approval or for you to agree with my views. So, your opinion is really none of my business.

Location hidden

#14 Nov 26, 2012
I am nondenominational btw...since you assumed I am....yet stated I am the ignorant one.
yelenav

Brussels, Belgium

#15 Nov 26, 2012
FranklyMrShankly wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Yelenav, the name is a Smith's song title, the lyrics are quite funny. I had to leave university to work, it was too expensive but I love evolution, Neanderthals and chimps:) So are you in the US or Poland? I'm in the UK.
Normally our location appear near the post, under the name, at least I can see it so. And, as non-registered user, I can't cheat Topix' computer. O, I mean, it should be possible probably, but I'm too much lazy and have to little computer skills to do it. And, finally, why should I? Belgium is exotic enough :) So, I'm closer to you than you've assumed - just swim piece of cold water over and you are in my little chocolate kingdom.
US or Poland? Did you think, I belong to KR's environment? Flattering, but not true. And I'm definitely not KR - my "marvelous" English placed me above all suspicions even by Iamnofool ;) However, you may be don't know him. Never mind.
I know, where your name came from, I listened to this song . That's why I asked - it seems to be little bit more than funny text , don't you find?
Greets over the Channel ;)!

“"Daddy's coming"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#16 Nov 27, 2012
http://keanua-z.blogspot.com/2002_08_01_archi...

I thought I remember reading somewhere that Keanu has been known to read the Bible to his dates. Understanding what an avid reader he is, makes sense. He could have been reading it just for the sake of reading it and it may have had no religious bearing at all! Hmmm, I wonder if WINM has anything on the subject.

As for GOD, He lives in me, as me. If you take a step back, you can see that, in some ways..we all are GODs..of our lives. We ALL have the ability to create, in our lives, what we want. Sadly, oftentimes we create what we don't want, due to the fact that humans, by nature, are prone to negative thinking, and by focusing on that..we attract more of the same to us. Just like excercizing takes effort, so does focusing our thoughts, words and actions to reveal an experience different then what we have already created. It has been done..changing the life experience. It just takes practise, daily conscientious thinking and being.

Manchester, UK

#17 Nov 27, 2012
yelenav wrote:
<quoted text>
Normally our location appear near the post, under the name, at least I can see it so. And, as non-registered user, I can't cheat Topix' computer. O, I mean, it should be possible probably, but I'm too much lazy and have to little computer skills to do it. And, finally, why should I? Belgium is exotic enough :) So, I'm closer to you than you've assumed - just swim piece of cold water over and you are in my little chocolate kingdom.
US or Poland? Did you think, I belong to KR's environment? Flattering, but not true. And I'm definitely not KR - my "marvelous" English placed me above all suspicions even by Iamnofool ;) However, you may be don't know him. Never mind.
I know, where your name came from, I listened to this song . That's why I asked - it seems to be little bit more than funny text , don't you find?
Greets over the Channel ;)!
I want to visit your chocolate kingdom:) I don'think you are KR lol. I have read Ianmofools posts, they seem quite random and off the wall. I didn't realise they showed location on topic, sorry for being unobservant.
Yeah the Smiths songs are really deep and serious, but they are always full of dark humor (which is why I love them). I think I cause an argument about God on this thread - just remember everyone, God might exist but probably not so take it easy; ))

Location hidden

#18 Nov 27, 2012
I fully agree with you Queen! If my life sucks its my own fault and that's a hard pill to swallow, yet inspiring at the same time. Lol

Frankly....you didn't cause any argument.. In my opinion. We can always agree to disagree, right?

Manchester, UK

#19 Nov 27, 2012
Queen OneEightyTwo wrote:
http://keanua-z.blogspot.com/2 002_08_01_archive.html
I thought I remember reading somewhere that Keanu has been known to read the Bible to his dates. Understanding what an avid reader he is, makes sense. He could have been reading it just for the sake of reading it and it may have had no religious bearing at all! Hmmm, I wonder if WINM has anything on the subject.
As for GOD, He lives in me, as me. If you take a step back, you can see that, in some ways..we all are GODs..of our lives. We ALL have the ability to create, in our lives, what we want. Sadly, oftentimes we create what we don't want, due to the fact that humans, by nature, are prone to negative thinking, and by focusing on that..we attract more of the same to us. Just like excercizing takes effort, so does focusing our thoughts, words and actions to reveal an experience different then what we have already created. It has been done..changing the life experience. It just takes practise, daily conscientious thinking and being.
HiI think you're right in that we are are own God's and in that sense in charge of our own destiny and will. If a man I went on a date with read the bible to me I would actually be really freaked out!! Not really very romantic talking about fire and brimstone when you want to make a move lol
ardith

United States

#20 Nov 28, 2012
Queen, you've never even lived. You know nothing about life...you just spout your idiology but in fact, you're ignorant. As Keanu once quoted, "life is suffering." I'm really tired of your homilies. I haven't said much here but then when you started coming over to ugossip, acting like Mary Sunshine...it's a bit much. When I meet people like you, I know they have a learning disability and are unable to see what is all around them. If for some reason your psyche allows you to be constantly cheerful, when there is so much suffering...fine but it's enough to get on a sane person's nerves. So, try to stop preaching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keanu Reeves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
He's dying and no one seems to care (Jun '13) 20 hr Baffled boots 147
When was the last keanu relationship and ana de... Tue Grillo Parlante 2
Universal love Mon BRITTNIX 2
Glorification of violence or fun entertainment ? Jan 24 Somebody 6
Keanu and Jennifer Syme -The real story? (May '13) Jan 15 Somebody 211
Keanu “straight, gay or bisexual?” (Apr '09) Jan 15 eksor 235
Keanu reeves is it with ana de armas? Jan 15 eksor 9
More from around the web