Tribeca Film Festival
Nica

United States

#1 Mar 21, 2012
The schedule for the festival is up.

www.tribecafilm.com

Does anyone thing Keanu will come to NYC for the first showing? It doesn't look like the film is going to be highlighted in any special way. Isn't he busy in China? That is an awful long way to travel just for a regular showing.

Any news would be greatly appreciated.

Domenica
yelenav

Rumst, Belgium

#2 Mar 21, 2012
Nica wrote:
The schedule for the festival is up.
www.tribecafilm.com
Does anyone thing Keanu will come to NYC for the first showing? It doesn't look like the film is going to be highlighted in any special way. Isn't he busy in China? That is an awful long way to travel just for a regular showing.
Any news would be greatly appreciated.
Domenica
He came to Berlin for 2 days, but there was not only premiere, but also discussions.
From another side, that will be NA premiere and festival, organized by his distributor. I think, it's possible
I hope he has a little time to make his movie too ;)
o, just thought : why don't follow my friend and take contact with festival organizators? I didn't chek your link, but surely there are e-mail and/or phone number. You lose nothing if you try?
Nica

Shokan, NY

#3 Mar 21, 2012
Yes, I thought of that, Yelena. I'll try and tell you what I learn, if I learn anything.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 24, 2012
I hope Keanu comes to TriBeCa for US premiere, we miss him here! But after reading some ramblings of the crazies like Fool, I also hope there is a tight security, there is a crazy guy out there who keeps posting angry messages, I remember other freaks like Lilith who were very calling Keanu names and posting aggressively all the time, I'm not so much worried about ardick/Donna/Wallace as she is happy to post her regular BS online but I doubt she could ever dare to face real Keanu after posting such twisted theories about a man she never met...

Such freaks ruin it for everyone and I hope they wouldn't ruin TriBeCa as well, but you never know, crazies everywhere, there was one foul-mouthed Keanu-hater in NYC called lilith, hope they put her and others on leash, so they could never come closer Keanu or harm him anyway...
yelenav

Roeulx, Belgium

#5 Apr 25, 2012
Hi ,Domenica!
I have seen , yesterday was SbS premiere screening on Tribeca Film Festival ( they added one more, I suppose?). Have you been watching?
And for the rest, everything good?
yelenav

Roeulx, Belgium

#6 Apr 25, 2012
I feel me so guilty! I've got this link on Facebook yesterday, re it fast and forgot to share it on time. At the end of page, under article, there isa link how twatch it free on line. May be it still works today? Or during second screening? http://blogs.indiewire.com/thelostboy/keanu-r...
Lizaird

Marmora, Canada

#8 May 2, 2012
Hey Yel - I notice that we are on at similar times. Seems you may be a little bored or looking for a chat. Feel free to email me if ya like. I am here most of the time.
[email protected]

also as far as computers go - what operating system do you run with ? I can let you know as far as stuff for computer if ya wish, I have picked up a lot in my journeys. I would recommend VLC player for video and sound files. Runs smoother has more codecs small size and its free.

http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-Player/300...
yelenav

Brussels, Belgium

#9 May 2, 2012
Hey, Lizaird, it's long time ago!
Thanks for invitation, but honestly speaking, I don't dare to e-mail to the nice people now - my mail-account seems to be infected by some kind of scam-programm, and even after I took contact with provider, it stil not OK. And few days ago I got Troyan-virus, and I think it was through pics of "supposed" Keanu-home, hier at Forum.
I fell from my chair by your question about operating system (?!) I'm even not sure which Windows I have.Remember, I'm Yel, not Luca. 3 days I was fighting with my computer - I made file, saved it, and when I wished to sent it as attachment - my PC couldn't find it!!! Same 3(!!!) times.
But it has certain charm - I feel me as kind of pioneers from Wild West or explorers in Africa,or a space-traveller :)
Lizaird

Marmora, Canada

#10 May 2, 2012
Also on the my computer behaves like an old war veteran how computer literate are you? Have you done any cleaning?
yelenav

Brussels, Belgium

#11 May 2, 2012
Lizaird wrote:
Also on the my computer behaves like an old war veteran how computer literate are you? Have you done any cleaning?
Cleaning - of course!
From time to time I blow away dust from my key-board with "Dust Remover" and use Screen Cleaner for my screen ( you see, I can be logical too).
But PC-brain surgery - that's a bit too high for me!If some smart cleaning program will ask me, may she remove this or that - how I should know? OK if I have only "OK" button; but if I have to chose from 2 or even 3 ? I'll never bring it to the happy end!
yelenav

Brussels, Belgium

#12 May 2, 2012
About boring - actually, I shouldn't have time to bore. At the end of my day fysically I'm half dead. But my mind ... uneasy, unquiet?
We were at the yearly fair with family. I went with my daughter to "Mirror Haus". In fact, it was more glass than mirror, labirint. Nothing complicated. I passed it through in a few minutes.And then , suddenly, I couldn't find the exit. I saw street, only glas wall was between me and outside, I was near the entrance, so exit should be somewhere here too - and I couldn't find it. I never was claustrofobic, but for few crazy seconds I was really in panic. What if I never find my way to outside?
Then I took right pass and stood out. And my madness was over :)
Such my mind, my soul sometimes is flying between glass walls, seeing beautyfull freedom outside, anable to find exit.
Then I come here. Or take a shower with my "Tai Chi" Foaming Gel. Or, if it really heavy, browse in "Ode to Hapiness".
And after few minutes (or days) it seems not more than rediculous ;)
yelenav

Brussels, Belgium

#13 May 2, 2012
Interesting, what old Dr. Freud would say about assotiation with glas hous? Sory, Ardith, but how far I look inside of me, couldn't find any traces of homosexuality .
(To be honest, I'm myopic. Could be, I can't see deep enough?);D

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14 Jun 11, 2012
It has been such a long time since I've last visited here but finally, I got to see Side by Side!!!!(making a virtual happy dance)And I got to share my joy and pride with some on-line friends!(it may sound silly but when he does smt great, I feel very proud of Keanu as if he is my son, my hubby calls this mother-hen syndrome,lol)

First of all, I wasn't expecting a documentary about digital film making would be so entertaining and informative as well, what a great selection of directors,actors and other insiders of the industry! I bet Keanu has gone great lengths to talk with so many different people whenever it is possible and even when he was working, because we see many different Keanus in different locations, I think he even did some of the interviews in London because he was sporting the same outfit and long hair at the UK book-signing last June...

Another thing which both me and hubby liked is the way he included not only huge names from the HW but also people who are usually not in the spotlight, like cinematographers, people on the technical side of the things and maybe more importantly young generation of cinema, student film-makers.

Keanu's embracing-all and relaxed narrative and jokes really create a great atmosphere for the audience and it makes you feel like you're entering the hidden side of the movie-bussiness, for example I never thought archiving the movies is such a huge problem and film makers all over the world are struggling with such different obstacles while us, the audience has no idea but just waiting to see the next movie. If you're interested in cinema, if you're a movie buff, you should definitely see this documentary, there were a lot of food for thought in Side by Side and I'm really glad I got to see it, I will also get its dvd because one of my younger ones seriously considering film school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keanu Reeves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The private life of Keanu Reeves (Mar '13) 2 hr Linsk Minyk 146
does keanu ever writes back to his fans?? (Nov '09) 7 hr Commonsense 116
Keanu and Jennifer Syme -The real story? (May '13) 22 hr Desiree 297
News More John Wick: Chapter 2 Photos with Keanu Reeves Mar 11 Pam2000 4
Soda Pop Mar 10 Desiree 1
Keanu and Sandra Bullock Mar 7 Desiree 1
KEANU REEVES -I want your Email-id. (Feb '06) Mar 3 Cdubbz427 1,789
More from around the web