Anyone here from Florida? Help needed...

Anyone here from Florida? Help needed :(

Posted in the Keanu Reeves Forum

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1 Jan 4, 2012
Yes, I realize it's totally off topic. But.
Could anyone please save these doggies?

http://crookedindifference.com/post/153121852...

If anyone in Florida is willing to be a foster to a pit mom and her 8 newborn puppies, today (1/7/12) is their last day at Orange County Animal Services in Orlando before they are ALL euthanized. The mom will take care of her babies and all vet bills and whatnot are taken care of by the rescue group, all you have to do is provide a temporary home for them. The rescue group can even possibly arrange for her and the puppies to be transported to you depending on where in Florida you live, but they can’t pull her from death row until they get a foster. Contact Passionate Pet Rescue. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Passionate-Pet-...
ardith

United States

#2 Jan 4, 2012
Sorry, I can't have pets and I'm broke but hate me as I'm sure you will...I don't think pitbulls should be bred. Obviously their owners never feel the need to get them fixed. I have nothing nice to say...I have heard of too many deaths because of that breed.

Location hidden

#3 Jan 4, 2012
For once in your life, could you spare the I'm sure and obviously, and the usual judgmental crap and just forward the link to some other people in Florida who are actually human and might care?

thanks in advance.
Domenica

New York, NY

#4 Jan 4, 2012
ardith wrote:
Sorry, I can't have pets and I'm broke but hate me as I'm sure you will...I don't think pitbulls should be bred. Obviously their owners never feel the need to get them fixed. I have nothing nice to say...I have heard of too many deaths because of that breed.
I wholeheartedly agree with you in principle, although I knew a pit bull that was the most loving animal. I am against breeding animals.

I love cats but I don't think they should be bred, there are enough cats to go around. I don't believe in breeding any form of dog, esp. bulldogs. Bulldogs can't even breed on their own and have massive breathing problems. Thoroughbred horses - I read an article in the NY Times that there are thousands of 'extra' thoroughbreds that get slaughtered, all so that people can watch a few race.

I believe that nature is best. It's horrible that cute pups will be euthanized but that's life.
ardith

United States

#5 Jan 4, 2012
Everyone cares but none of the people I know want a dog. Both dogs and cats should be fixed. Our country is going through a depression and people can't afford to feed themselves...

“"Daddy's coming"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 4, 2012
My neighbor was waiting in the pet hospital for his dog that had a sudden situation that left him paralysed. While there he spoke to a man that spent $20K on his cat[gulp]. I guess some have differing opinions and pocket books, ay?

I had twin blonde labs for over 15 years..I had to put them both to sleep, a year apart. Very hard to do.:[ Now they are on Rainbow Bridge..playing and laughing together!

“--#FE---”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#7 Jan 4, 2012
Domenica wrote:
<quoted text>
Bulldogs can't even breed on their own and have massive breathing problems.
That is a broad brush statement.

We own an English bulldog. The sire and dame had no problem "dating". Bobby has zero breathing problems. He had zero problems with the anesthetic when he was neutered or recovering from it. He has no eye problems, no tail problems no joint problems and from I have learned about the rest of the litter, neither do his siblings (I keep in touch with the breeder). He doesn't get any junk food or treats (unless I want him fat and with health problems but that how I feel about any dog's diet and longevity). He has no stomach issues unless he's sneaking twigs when I'm not looking (he's a 70lb termite). In short, he's an awesome boy.

It's not "the dog". It's the **breeder**. Just like any other full-bred dog it all depends on the ethics of who is breeding the dog and the lineage.

“--#FE---”

Location hidden

#8 Jan 4, 2012
Queen OneEightyTwo wrote:
My neighbor was waiting in the pet hospital for his dog that had a sudden situation that left him paralysed. While there he spoke to a man that spent $20K on his cat[gulp]. I guess some have differing opinions and pocket books, ay?
Mr. A has a saying. Kittens are free.(Ducks tomatoes.) Seriously, though, pets are forever toddlers. When we adopt we accept responsibility for their health and well-being.

Having said that, I will not prolong suffering and inevitable death.

“--#FE---”

Location hidden

#9 Jan 4, 2012
Just an addendum to Bobby. He has allergies to spring and fall moulds. But so do both of my kids.

He's my furry boy.
ardith

United States

#10 Jan 4, 2012
I usually caution people about the health problems of bulldogs but when people want a bulldog, they get one. I say, get one from a good breeder. They buy from a pet shop. Sometimes, you're just trying to help but people don't always want advice.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#11 Jan 4, 2012
Luca, I sent a text to my Florida friends. I pray that someone can help save them.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 5, 2012
beachbum22 - thanks. let's hope someone can give them shelter for a while.
Domenica wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that nature is best. It's horrible that cute pups will be euthanized but that's life.
Domenica, it's not about cute pups being euthanized. It's about rescuing that dog/taking it into shelter, allowing it to give birth to the puppies then putting them all on the death row because there's no space for them. About the irony of it.

Yes, the dog's previous owner should have fixed it. But given the situation, imo, the most humane thing to do would be allowing both mother and its litter to live and fixing them all as soon as possible.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#13 Jan 5, 2012
Luca, this is the first thing I thought about when I woke up this morning; it made my stomach knot. I completely agree with you; it's all about being humane and showing compassion for animals.
Breathoflife

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Jan 13, 2012
Just checking to see if thé little ones got a home ! Thy r helpless without us & it's nt ttheir fault I love all animals but I have dogs ,a horse & birds but my friend has a rescue foundation I can talk to her just let me know what's going on because I would like to help . Thanks

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#15 Jan 14, 2012
This is brilliant news. I just checked the site and it seems the dogs are rescued. Noone has the right to end a life, be it animal or human. It's so nice to see that people cared and could help. Blessed those who have a heart.

"Update: Apparently our efforts on tumblr helped to find these dogs a home! Great job to all that reblogged this message!"

Location hidden

#16 Jan 14, 2012
Yes, they were rescued by this organization: http://www.facebook.com/Sniffingsnoutsanimalr...

they are still up for adoption, but at least they got to live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keanu Reeves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Somebody stop Anna :) (Jul '16) 2 hr petraElka 12
News Keanu & Winona Attend a Destination Wedding 23 hr petraElka 4
is reeves in love with a psychic? (Aug '16) Tue noname 17
The Keanu Reeves Vampire TV show? (Apr '13) Mon noname 413
COMPANY FILMS trash-free (Oct '09) May 14 Janedoe 46
I had sex with Keanu, how' bout you? (Sep '08) May 11 Username 65
News First Look Behind the Scenes of 'John Wick 3' S... May 10 Username 3