Keanu Reeves Documentary Side by Side Tackles Film vs. Digital...

Jan 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Collider

Keanu Reeves Documentary SIDE BY SIDE Tackles Film vs. Digital Debate; Includes Interviews with Martin Scorsese, Christopher Nolan, and David Fincher A curious little website has popped up announcing a new documentary produced by Keanu Reeves that tackles one of the foremost issues facing filmmakers today: the advent of digital filmmaking.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of226
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

Interesting article. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to watch this documentary.(Me included.)
ardith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Great picture of Keanu and Tiger.

http://radikal.ru/F/i067.radikal.ru/1201/79/1...

I guess Side By Side showing in Germany, too bad Keanu can't show it at Sundance?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Judged:

Late submission deadline for Sundance 2012 was September 26, 2011. Maybe at that time the film wasn't finished. Maybe it was submitted but not accepted. Maybe they wanted to concentrate on the Berlinale because they're aiming to sell on the international market, not just US.
a lot of maybes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Another maybe...

As per the Berlin's General Regulations ( http://www.berlinale.de/en/branche/_filmanmel... ):

{snip] During the festival no film selected may be screened outside the Festival venues before its official presentation at the festival.

The cut-off for Berlinale was November 14, 2011.

The submission period for Sundance was June 3rd, 2011 &#8208; December 31st, 2011.( http://www.sundance.org/pdf/film-events/Submi... )

Supposedly *everyone* tries to get into Sundance.

Maybe they submitted to both; however,[maybe] Berlinale contacted them first and they locked in with them. There is still the Toronto Film Festival to showcase Side By Side in North America.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

I forgot to add that the Sundance Film Festival is on right now (Jan 19 to 29th)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Andromeda-1 wrote:
Another maybe...

The submission period for Sundance was June 3rd, 2011 &#8208; December 31st, 2011.( http://www.sundance.org/pdf/film-events/Submi... )
Early Submission Deadline

U.S. and INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILMS
Monday, August 15, 2011 -$35 ENTRY FEE

U.S. and INTERNATIONAL FEATURE FILMS and DOCUMENTARIES
Monday, August 15, 2011 -$45 ENTRY FEE
Official Submission Deadline

Friday, September 2, 2011 -$50 ENTRY FEE

Friday, September 2, 2011 -$75 ENTRY FEE
Late Submission Deadline

Friday, September 23, 2011 -$75 ENTRY FEE

Monday, September 26, 2011 -$100 ENTRY FEE

http://www.sundance.org/festival/film-events/...

... it wouldn't be the first time an institution - ANY institution- manages to contradict itself in two separate pages of its own website ;)

just noticin' ;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

These dates appear much more likely. Why list Dec 31st as a cut-off when your festival begins Jan 19th?

In any event, as I said, everyone wants to appear at Sundance, so the likelihood of being one of (16?) is hard. That's if they submitted their application.
yelenav

Mons, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Feel me like sitting on the hot coals.Badly wish to go to Berlin, especailly now, as I've seen KR will give kind of workshop for young professionals next day - so, probably will be on the premiere screening. But it's damn difficult to make this day free and the way!Flights are quite expensive - non-stop from 487 euro.With transfer or train takes unbelievably long time 5-6-7 h!!! I should run to catch my return alomst before I arrive. And I even don't know time of screening.
Great God,tell me, how I can get him closer to my home? Organize my own International One-Film Fesival?
Dancer

Dortmund, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

I will go to Berlin. I'm happy that I have a extraordinary nice boss who allows me to take vacation at short notice. And I'm proud that I'm a fierce saver so I can effort my little Keanu indulgences when I need them. Now I only need good luck to purchase a ticket for the documentary.
Dancer

Dortmund, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

ups, typo, afford
yelenav

Brussels, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Dancer wrote:
I will go to Berlin. I'm happy that I have a extraordinary nice boss who allows me to take vacation at short notice. And I'm proud that I'm a fierce saver so I can effort my little Keanu indulgences when I need them. Now I only need good luck to purchase a ticket for the documentary.
So glad for you, Dancer!Try to take a few nice photo's and share them with us at some way, please.Or, at least, try to bring our warmth and support over to KR.
I stil didn't give it up.May be I should can skip a day. The way is still the problem :(
Dancer

Herne, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Sorry to tell you in advance that there won't be photos taken by me as I don't own a camera, I'm just not into taking photos.

And since I have experience with the Berlinale I know getting near to the Man is nearly impossible. But I write a report, I promise.

Since: Dec 06

Selm, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Dancer wrote:
Sorry to tell you in advance that there won't be photos taken by me as I don't own a camera, I'm just not into taking photos.
And since I have experience with the Berlinale I know getting near to the Man is nearly impossible. But I write a report, I promise.
That's interesting, Dancer. Me and a friend will also attend the Berlinale. Right now we cannot make up our mind what to see, because the offer is so much. I would be interested in the short films. Wr will see if we can see some. But since the schedule is not out yet, it's vain to plan something. Although I already made a huge list, while I was browsing through all categories. lol.
Do you have any advices? What are you going to see there?
I recognized how important the titles of movies can be, and the short description that is added. Whether it catches your interest or not depends a lot on it. Graphic animated films are rare there from what I could see. I only have seen one, but I can't find it anymore. I'm lost with all the info. Lol. I guess there are other festivals for such kind of films. My son would be highly interested, since he wants to study cga films or game developing. He still has a year to make up his mind, though. I hope he changes his mind, because I don't want him to move away from me. Since in my area there are no good universities or work places for that profession, it is highly possible that he might move far away one day.:o(
Anyways, I hope you have a lot of fun at the Berlinale.

Selm, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Judged:

yelenav wrote:
<quoted text>
So glad for you, Dancer!Try to take a few nice photo's and share them with us at some way, please.Or, at least, try to bring our warmth and support over to KR.
I stil didn't give it up.May be I should can skip a day. The way is still the problem :(
Did you check the cheaper airlines, yelenav. For example easyjet. I'm sure you will find a flight for less than 100 €. Check it and go, if it is something you wish so much.

Here is a link to a German flight website. I have searched for flights from Brüssel (don't know where you live) to Berlin and the cheapest one is around 60,-€. Fill in your dates and check it out. Maybe it's cheaper than you expected. Good luck. ;o)

Selm, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Judged:

oops. Forgot the link.

http://www.billigfluege.de/flight/encodes/sFl...

I hope it works.
yelenav

Brussels, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Judged:

I COME!!! I just booked flight by easyjet from 14 evening to 16; hopefully, I could go to his talk, pretending I'm young and talented ( all suggestions about how I have to to look and behave are welcome!).That's all for 93 euro. Kate, I love you!

Selm, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Judged:

I'm SOOOO happy for you, yelenav. Glad I could help. That is even cheaper than our train tickets. Lol. In my friend's town there is a small airport, but unfortunately they don't have flights to Berlin.

I hope you will have a lot of fun. Good luck!!! ;o)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

The Berlinale Program has officially been announced...Side By Side has two screenings--World Premiere on Feb 15 at 15:00 and a second screening on Feb 17th at 18:00. See you in Berlin!

http://www.facebook.com/sidebysidethemovie/po...
yelenav

Wommelgem, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

LucaM wrote:
The Berlinale Program has officially been announced...Side By Side has two screenings--World Premiere on Feb 15 at 15:00 and a second screening on Feb 17th at 18:00. See you in Berlin!
http://www.facebook.com/sidebysidethemovie/po...
You come too!!! YYYuuuuuppii!!!!
It should be to crazy to speak about! I wish Berlin to survive us.
Anybody already booked hotel or B&B? By my complicated relationship with credit-card payment and internet booking, it didn't go in one time.I think, I so on the easyjet ,no idea how it must be in English, I looked at the Dutch page, some kind of place where young pople can stay without luxe but not expensive, and it was nearby some place/square, the name begins with F, and sounds to me as the name of the place, where the screenings would go. Sorry, girls, I'm too exated now, to go back and chek it all.
Is it too crazy to give my mobile phone number hier? I hope to met you all in Berlin, but isn't it litle bit too difficult to catch every woman around 40(?) on the entrance of cinema? Or should we choose some secret sign? I'm so happy, just jumping out of my skin!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Sounds like Berlinale is the place to be! I hope you guys get to see the documentary.

Yelenav, you scored with those plane tickets! Wow!:0)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of226
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keanu Reeves Discussions

Search the Keanu Reeves Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amanda De......Cadenet (May '10) 4 hr lucho 155
does keanu ever writes back to his fans?? (Nov '09) 5 hr MiniMiniMe 59
Hot! Keanu Reeves Starring in ‘Knock Knock’ Thr... 20 hr Pupper 68
Youngblood 21 hr SuzanneTVWriter 8
Keanu and Jennifer Syme -The real story? (May '13) Wed lucho 205
Jennifer Syme (Jun '09) Wed ardith 82
Hollywood Diet? No cup-cakes? Apr 12 sasssassysass 12
•••
•••