The Video Goes Viral
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#21 Dec 15, 2011
LucaM wrote:
First you mention a figure taken from a movie box office site.
When I point out that one of the most important box office sites (which happens to be the source quoted by IMDb, also ;)) fails at simple math, you say that something is off, that you don't trust the numbers they provide and you don't like (because they don't back up your affirmations), and that your gut is more reliable in establishing the box office of a movie than the specialized web sites.
ok, I understood that newspapers lie and journalists are paid by PR agents. Now all of a sudden box office sites are unreliable as well.
Do I want to engage in an argument about this?
Nope ;)
Luca - you really have a deep mental problem. Well, I've already said that.

I cited from memory BOM's summary page. You supplied BOM's foreign page. Thanks. I looked at it. I saw something strange. That Russia, which has three times the population of Britain, had 15 times the box office. This is odd.

I also pointed out that I found something strange at IMDB, a $12M production budget. I don't trust that either. It could be right. But it might not be.

It's weird for the box office from Russia-CIS to be so much bigger than everwhere else, and I don't buy it. The film industry is full of this kind of funny business.

My parents and uncles were all in the business, this is nothing new to me.

Location hidden

#22 Dec 15, 2011
It also makes no sense that the movie opened in Russia in theatres and not Germany. Germany has a smaller pop'n but much richer. Those numbers aren't reliable.

But that's besides my point, which is that Gen Um will do better than HC because they want to open it to lead into Ronin. Keep the fires burning.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#23 Dec 15, 2011
JayneS wrote:
<quoted text>
Luca - you really have a deep mental problem. Well, I've already said that.
yes, you did. so what?

care to explain why I do have a deep mental problem, dr.Freud, Phil, or whomever? because I point out the way you zig and zag between arguments, dismissing as 'irrelevant','wrong', or 'made-up' the information that contradicts your theories, while agreeing with the anonymous gossip that supports them?
because I disagree with you?
JayneS wrote:
<quoted text>
Those numbers aren't reliable.
Then it makes no sense comparing them with the numbers for Motherhood or any other film. None of the numbers are reliable, then.

And since this is nothing new to you, I will not tell you that box office/total gross is determined mainly by aggressive promotion or lack thereof; by the no. of release weeks, distribution area and so many other factors.

Location hidden

#24 Dec 15, 2011
Guess what, I looked up Russia box office here:

http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/cis/...

It's the same site but it breaks down box office week by week, and it appears that yep, Henry's Crime did make $1.5M in box office.

Happy, Luca? No, I don't accept much at face value. I don't apologize for it. But when I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

That said, the only production budget #s we have to go by are those from IMDB. It cost $12M to make (plus marketing). They'll have to sell a lot of DVDs to make up that shortfall. I'm sure you'll figure out just how many.

Location hidden

#25 Dec 15, 2011
JayneS wrote:
Happy, Luca? No, I don't accept much at face value. I don't apologize for it. But when I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
No, I'm not happy. I don't get my kicks from forum arguments.

Yes, I am aware they'll have to sell a lot of DVD to cover the production (+ marketing) costs. Unfortunately, I can afford to buy only one DVD; but I did buy one.

Location hidden

#26 Dec 15, 2011
"care to explain why I do have a deep mental problem, dr.Freud, Phil, or whomever?"

Because you get unbelievably touchy at any trace of skepticism towards the Great God Keanu Reeves, that's why. You don't seem to be able to see how literally crazed you become. That whole thing you wrote about the 'shrine' I made to Keanu based on the People mag article. It was bonkers. You're extremely volatile.

"because I point out the way you zig and zag between arguments, dismissing as 'irrelevant','wrong', or 'made-up' the information that contradicts your theories, while agreeing with the anonymous gossip that supports them?"

In your opinion. You can say whatever you want, I think I am quite logical, fact-based and for the most part, controlled. I pointed out what I thought was a discrepancy in the box office receipts and followed up. You take it as a personal affront. That's your issue.
because I disagree with you?

"Then it makes no sense comparing them with the numbers for Motherhood or any other film. None of the numbers are reliable, then."

That is completely devoid of any logic whatever. Sometimes numbers are reliable, sometimes not. You've got to think critically is all I'm saying. I compared HC to Motherhood because it was a small indie film. It wouldn't be fair to compare it to Moneyball.

I would never hire you to read a contract for me, or to do anything cognitively demanding.

"And since this is nothing new to you, I will not tell you that box office/total gross is determined mainly by aggressive promotion or lack thereof; by the no. of release weeks, distribution area and so many other factors."

Oh really? You mean MATRIX became a huge success because of aggressive promotion?

Of course I know about promotion, another reason why I compared HC to Motherhood - which never got released in Russia (I looked it up). It appears any kind of crap can make money there, provided it's American.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#27 Dec 16, 2011
JayneS wrote:
... I think I am quite logical, fact-based and for the most part, controlled...
... If saying someone has mental problems is an example of being controlled ...

Location hidden

#28 Dec 16, 2011
JayneS wrote:
I think I am quite logical, fact-based and for the most part, controlled.
*almost chokes on her tea*
priceless, that line is...
JayneS wrote:
I pointed out what I thought was a discrepancy in the box office receipts and followed up.
... did YOU point it out?
JayneS wrote:
I would never hire you to read a contract for me
My goal in life isn't to get hired by you.
JayneS wrote:
It appears any kind of crap can make money there, provided it's American.
... and at the same time, provided it includes scenes of a Chekhov play ;)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29 Dec 17, 2011
Iamnofool wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's PR
He has a big movie coming next year and they fear that his image will be stained. He and Amanda de Cadenet are about to be exposed for a disgusting and cruel game.
KEANU REEVES gentleman or douche?

Definitely, he is The Douche world champion. I give him a big star on the Walk of Shame.

Question is : does Erwin Stoff knows about Reeves shameful games?
I don't think Erwin Stoff would appreciate what Reeves did, for it was cruel and irresponsible.:

“Keanu Rocks”

Since: Sep 08

Southampton

#30 Dec 19, 2011
Or whoever pretended to be him, considering he only just has a computer, ask anyone here!!

Location hidden

#31 Dec 19, 2011
eh, owning a computer and knowing how to use one are two different things ;)
yelenav

Mons, Belgium

#32 Dec 20, 2011
LucaM wrote:
eh, owning a computer and knowing how to use one are two different things ;)
I know everything thereabout. I mean, about difference :D

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#33 Dec 20, 2011
And, also, owning a computer, even knowing how to use it, doesn't imply he's fooling around in the Internet hurting people and the like. JMO

Since: Oct 11

Los Angeles, CA

#34 Dec 20, 2011
I still haven't seen Henry's Crime, and that's a shame. =/ I know it was only in one theatre in LA, and that it did not do well. I want to buy it on DVD since I missed it in the theatre.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keanu Reeves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
friend of his friends (Sep '13) Feb 18 I am unto you 51
Keanu astrology Feb 16 Anna Romanovskaja 2
does keanu ever writes back to his fans?? (Nov '09) Feb 11 Tina 115
News As John Wick, Keanu Reeves Is Mr. Do-It-Yourself Feb 11 Anna Romanovskaja 1
News 'John Wick Chronicles' Hits Steam VR In 2017, T... Feb 10 annawerner 2
News 'The Matrix' stars Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Mo... Feb 3 Anna Romanovskaja 1
Keanu Reeves enjoys wide live chess games using... (Jul '16) Feb 3 Anna Romanovskaja 20
Keanu and Jennifer Syme -The real story? (May '13) Oct '16 Seqhmet 295
More from around the web