People rally against mountaintop remo...

People rally against mountaintop removal at Capitol

There are 1 comment on the WYMT story from Feb 12, 2010, titled People rally against mountaintop removal at Capitol. In it, WYMT reports that:

Hundreds marched around up to and then around the capitola and then gathered on the steps to hear people talk about why they believe some forms of coal mining, what they argue is mountaintop removal, is hurting the environment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WYMT.

ex coalminer

Nicholasville, KY

#1 Feb 15, 2010
people should do research before demonizing the industry that gives them the lowest utility rates in the U.S.. coal mining has come a long way in the past decade compared to the 50s through the 70s. people who are protesting are just on the go green wagon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kathy Mattea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Battle over mountaintop mining slowly gains ground (Apr '10) Apr '10 informed citizen 6
News Ridgefield Playhouse could close (Sep '09) Sep '09 richie 52
News Musicians to perform at chapel (Jun '09) Jun '09 edwin bouchard 1
News Santa Train Makes Annual Excursion Through Appa... (Nov '08) Nov '08 BKingrea 1
News Singers Are Taking Better Care of Their Voices (Apr '08) Apr '08 hillbilly lil 1
Kathy Mattea and Homer Hickam - Coal Mine Tour ... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Creed 1
I Love Kathy Meattea's Songs (Oct '07) Oct '07 Kristi Ariana Spa... 1
More from around the web