FCC urges Fox, Time Warner to settle now

FCC urges Fox, Time Warner to settle now

There are 21 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Dec 31, 2009, titled FCC urges Fox, Time Warner to settle now. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Where is Jack Bauer when you need him? Even if Keifer Sutherland's super agent from Fox's "24" might not be able to put an end to the Fox-Time Warner stalemate, the FCC wants the warring parties to find a solution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spike

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Dec 31, 2009
I would consider it a blessing to have all Fox related channels off my TV PERMANENTLY!
Aimforthehead

Pico Rivera, CA

#2 Dec 31, 2009
I pay less than a buck a month for Fox and four bucks for ESPN.

Give me Fox for a dollar kill ESPN and keep the change.

Sports shows are sooooo gay. Yak, yak, yak, yak...
clyde LB

Encino, CA

#3 Dec 31, 2009
Just what has your cable done FOR you lately?
Constitution

Compton, CA

#4 Dec 31, 2009
Spike wrote:
I would consider it a blessing to have all Fox related channels off my TV PERMANENTLY!
Isn't it ironic that liberals preach all day about tolerance and open-mindedness, except in the cases of those that don't agree with them?
Croak

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Jan 1, 2010
Who needs Fox? It's mostly old Simpsons reruns, with the occasional ball game thrown in.
Tom

Temecula, CA

#6 Jan 1, 2010
Constitution wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it ironic that liberals preach all day about tolerance and open-mindedness, except in the cases of those that don't agree with them?
Look up irony in the dictionary.
Oh Please

United States

#7 Jan 1, 2010
I find all of this incredibly ignorant of Time Warner to think we can't just go and by a $10.00 digital converter and watch this channel for free and do away with cable completely. Time Warner Cable is a rip-off. I got rid of them after they raised their rates yet again and gave nothing in return. They and other cable networks pay very little for what they have and rape the consumer at every chance. I will never go back to Time Warner.

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#8 Jan 1, 2010
Spike wrote:
Unfortunately, Murdoch the propogandist is going to keep FUX NEWS and FUX BUSINESS. Brighthouse should purposely take those off as well, if its not an all or nothing. I only watch TB Bucs , so I am not missing much. Shows I watch, I buy on DVD anyway. I do not like tv ads.

“Just my opinion”

Location hidden

#9 Jan 1, 2010
Oh Please wrote:
I find all of this incredibly ignorant of Time Warner to think we can't just go and by a $10.00 digital converter and watch this channel for free and do away with cable completely. Time Warner Cable is a rip-off. I got rid of them after they raised their rates yet again and gave nothing in return. They and other cable networks pay very little for what they have and rape the consumer at every chance. I will never go back to Time Warner.
I do not know about you . I have a deal I pay 99 with box. I get landline nationally,hi speed internet and cable. I do pay extra for a few premium channels[hbo,showtime and starz]. I think its a great deal. Plus I get HD for most of these channels and ondemand free for all of them including premium. Customer service is available all the time , not like verizon where they are closed after 5 and on weekends. I like Brighthouse and staying with it, even if FUX never comes back.
Oh Please

United States

#10 Jan 1, 2010
$99.00....REALLY, WOW.
For $10.00 (once) you can get a converter box. For $9.00 a year you can get phone service with Magic Jack. For another $9.00 a month you can get NetFlicks and watch whater you want, whenever you want. You are really fooling yourself thinking you are getting a deal, but my new years resolution is to be more tolerant of ignorance.
Werner von Pundit

Fort Worth, TX

#11 Jan 1, 2010
I built my own tv satellite with parts from Radio Shack, launching it from Hartwell Park this weekend...
clyde LB

Encino, CA

#13 Jan 1, 2010
Let's see, this guy "only" watches the TB Bucs for $1188.00 Yr.
Yep Rube, that's some "deal" Ya livin' in a swamp or sumpin'?
clyde LB

Encino, CA

#14 Jan 1, 2010
Who Cares wrote:
I don't watch Fox or have Time Warner. Everything I want to see is available online.
I bet it is.
Spike

Scobey, MT

#15 Jan 1, 2010
Constitution wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it ironic that liberals preach all day about tolerance and open-mindedness, except in the cases of those that don't agree with them?
I'm sorry, did you have a point? My point was that I would not have a problem if my cable provider did not carry Fox. I did not state that the same should apply to everyone else, that would be preaching. BTW, what in my statement indicated that I agreed or disagreed? Funny how you constitutional conservatives always resort to putting words into us liberals mouths in order to make your point. Still upset that there is a black man in the White House, does't it. Sucks to be you.
George Raffia

Culver City, CA

#19 Jan 1, 2010
Things like this will only get worse now that Comcast has bought NBC (the only network on Comcast that charges for their On Demand while all other networks provide for free - those shows that they actually provide). Why the big fight, anyway? They're only gonna jack up the rates to the subscribers.

“Just my opinion”

Location hidden

#20 Jan 2, 2010
Settling was the worst thing TWC can do. These companies that were getting exposure on these cable companies, were doing it for free. TWC should have set a precedent and not the other way around. Now every network will come out of the woodwork and ask for money . These networks are making money from ad dollars based on viewership. I am dissapointed my cable company caved.
clyde LB

Encino, CA

#21 Jan 2, 2010
tampabayallstar wrote:
Settling was the worst thing TWC can do. These companies that were getting exposure on these cable companies, were doing it for free. TWC should have set a precedent and not the other way around. Now every network will come out of the woodwork and ask for money . These networks are making money from ad dollars based on viewership. I am dissapointed my cable company caved.
"My cable company"? Ya own a cable company, and swampland in Fl. too?

“Just my opinion”

Location hidden

#22 Jan 2, 2010
clyde LB wrote:
<quoted text> "My cable company"? Ya own a cable company, and swampland in Fl. too?
lol very funny. You know what I mean. In the long run its going to be guys like you and I getting screwed , with higher cable rates.
clyde LB

Encino, CA

#23 Jan 2, 2010
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text>lol very funny. You know what I mean. In the long run its going to be guys like you and I getting screwed , with higher cable rates.
10 Q Not Me Man, I got Me one o themthere rooftop jobbies...
just spin it around and Ya get FOX.....got Me one on My RV too. Hey, I used to drag race in Kissimmee in 1957. USAF
Orlando AFB. Give Me free TV or give Me ? Clyde LB
Disgusted

Lakewood, CA

#24 Jan 3, 2010
We should be fortunate if all cable and TV were disconnected so people can actual live life rather than sit and watch a box.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Katee Sackhoff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News VIDEO: Red Band Trailer for RIDDICK Released (Jul '13) Jul '13 Suellen 2
News 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars': Season 4 scoop on ... (May '11) May '11 lick my date 6
Nude Katee Sackhoff ! (May '11) May '11 Nicolle 1
News 'Battlestar Galactica' Star Lands NBC Pilot (May '09) May '09 Holy FRAK 1
News 'Law & Order' Books Katee Sackhoff - 'Battlesta... (Oct '08) Oct '08 David 1
News When Geeks Inherit the Earth (Oct '08) Oct '08 Rose 1
News Katee Sackhoff Finds Home at NBC - 'Galactica' ... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Melissa 2
More from around the web