Aussie husband-wife music partners Kasey Chambers and Shane Nic...

Having been raised singing campfire songs every night, Aussie singer/songwriter Kasey Chambers was born to play roots-country music and is now touring the U.S. with her husband and guitarist Shane Nicholson -- the duo will be performing at the Rio Theatre at 7:30 p.m. tonight. Full Story
coffee and a donut

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Aug 21, 2009
They played live on Kpig yesterdat and I have to say, pretty danged impressive except for the forced Arkansas lyrical accent. It doesn't help to hear one sing like Iris DeMent and then speak like Kate Blanchett I am going to get tickets today regardless.
Westside

San Jose, CA

#2 Aug 21, 2009
I saw them last night. This was the first time hearing her husband Shane and I have to say he is a very impressive singer/songwriter. Casey was great as always and it was cool to hear her father sing and play with them. Some funny stories were told.

I was surprised it wasn't sold out though. But I have to admit it was nice being able to easily get a good seat!
baby blues

Ben Lomond, CA

#3 Aug 21, 2009
Great show! Beautiful harmonies, nice arrangements.. Thought Shane had a great voice and was a good compliment to Casey. I thought their album sounded a little too much like Buddy and Julie Miller, but I didn't get that live..I liked the electronic device that Shane played that mimicked a bass drum.. The sound ws very full and satisfying... very good show overall. Disappointing turnout for a major talent.

The opening act however was dismal.. out of tune guitars, screechy violin and a gal who needs more time perfecting her vocals.. Best I can say is there were parts that weren't awful. This was the booking agent's doing according to the promoter..
Paul

San Francisco, CA

#4 Aug 22, 2009
Excellent show. This is the second time we've seen Kasey Chambers at the Rio, and we were shocked that the recent show was not sold out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kasey Chambers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elvis Number 1in Australia! (Dec '08) Jan '09 MauricePColgan 3
Country From Another Country (Sep '08) Sep '08 ngali 1
Country fans Walk for Life in Tamworth (May '08) May '08 Pirates planks 1
Kasey Chambers weds Shane Nicholson in casual c... (Feb '06) May '07 Im a Kasey lookal... 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Kasey Chambers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••