Walking away from a life lived for drugs

Full story: Scotsman.com News

A new Lothian abstinence programme has shown addicts there is a way to halt the spiral of abuse.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Apr 18, 2008

“GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Still there......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

I couldn't seem to find the post that said 3.4% of methadone patients do not achieve and remain abstinent, so here is the article. I think it states it in the 6th paragraph.

“METHADONE-Drug of Destruction”

Since: Jan 08

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

GREAT STORY, Mike, Im happy for these folks. Love, Mary

Canada (mini USA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

mike1975 wrote:
I couldn't seem to find the post that said 3.4% of methadone patients do not achieve and remain abstinent, so here is the article. I think it states it in the 6th paragraph.
To clarify (if appropriate):

"only 3.4 per cent of methadone programme clients achieve abstinence after three years, despite the fact that 80 per cent of patients want to become drug free".
----------
Wow....those are slim odds...no wonder I am stuck at 2mg...loaded with fear.

Thanks Mike.....Great article.

“GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!”

Still there......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Hahaha. Well, it's like MMTer said. The goal of MMT isn't abstinence, it's to eliminate illicet use. Anything outside of that is entirely up to the individual. That's not meant to scare, just think of how many people are at your clinic and have not intention of getting off. I believe, and it's only my opinion, that if abstinence was looked upon as something that could be a result of mmt, then that statistic would change dramatically. But unfortunately, clinics just don't hold abstinence in high reguard.
beth c

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

CC, Please, do not be loaded with fear, just keep at it, if that is your goal, it is a worthy mark to aim for. This is not a race, just take the time you need to be successful. Are you keeping a journal? it might help you to write down your feelings and see what progress that you are making? The best to you, hope to see more of your posts, let us know how you are. b
drew

Dover, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

If you are not clean how do you get a buzz?? I had a tooh pulled and i was given a shot of delodin(sp), and i didnt feel a thing. I did not fail my test at my clinic cause i didnt happen to get tested anytime a few days after. But i have been given that before when ive had surgery and it is really strong! I didnt feel nothing this time cause of the methadone! I was glad i didnt get tested too cause im getting take homes in about a week! YAY!!

Canada (mini USA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

beth c wrote:
CC, Please, do not be loaded with fear, just keep at it, if that is your goal, it is a worthy mark to aim for. This is not a race, just take the time you need to be successful. Are you keeping a journal? it might help you to write down your feelings and see what progress that you are making? The best to you, hope to see more of your posts, let us know how you are. b
Thanks....! Yes, goal is zero. Just anxiety about 1 (I am comfy and I don;t want to feel like crap for while...so, I think I'll stay here a couple more weeks).

I'll think about the journal.

Thanks for your kind/comforting words Beth.

“GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!”

Still there......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Crazie Canuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks....! Yes, goal is zero. Just anxiety about 1 (I am comfy and I don;t want to feel like crap for while...so, I think I'll stay here a couple more weeks).
I'll think about the journal.
Thanks for your kind/comforting words Beth.
I'm pretty sure that I don't have to tell you that the anxiety is to be expected. Just know that from you have read in the past, every one of the people on here who no longer take methadone had anxiety at some time too. It's just part of the process and don't let that anxiety or fear make your decision for you. You'll know what to do and when the time comes, just use you head.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kane Discussions

Search the Kane Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
In the steps of ancestors: Eagle Wings dancers ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Cancer Cluster 1
Assisted suicide case puts Kane in national med... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Alex Jones N for Pot 5
Kane won't defend Pa. in gay-marriage suit, sou... (Jul '13) Jul '13 nhjeff 11
WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 preview, predictio... (Mar '12) Mar '12 butt 1
Two former employees plead guilty in Kane abuse... (Oct '09) Oct '09 one who escaped 2
Kane prosecutor to leave after two decades (Jan '09) Jan '09 D Rofelle 1
Kane-based soldiers may be deployed in Middle East (Dec '08) Dec '08 Sua Sponte 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••