Walking away from a life lived for drugs

Walking away from a life lived for drugs

There are 8 comments on the Scotsman.com News story from Apr 8, 2008, titled Walking away from a life lived for drugs. In it, Scotsman.com News reports that:

A new Lothian abstinence programme has shown addicts there is a way to halt the spiral of abuse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scotsman.com News.

“GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Still there......

#1 Apr 16, 2008
I couldn't seem to find the post that said 3.4% of methadone patients do not achieve and remain abstinent, so here is the article. I think it states it in the 6th paragraph.

“METHADONE-Drug of Destruction”

Since: Jan 08

Winston Salem, NC

#2 Apr 16, 2008
GREAT STORY, Mike, Im happy for these folks. Love, Mary

Canada (mini USA)

#3 Apr 17, 2008
mike1975 wrote:
I couldn't seem to find the post that said 3.4% of methadone patients do not achieve and remain abstinent, so here is the article. I think it states it in the 6th paragraph.
To clarify (if appropriate):

"only 3.4 per cent of methadone programme clients achieve abstinence after three years, despite the fact that 80 per cent of patients want to become drug free".
----------
Wow....those are slim odds...no wonder I am stuck at 2mg...loaded with fear.

Thanks Mike.....Great article.

“GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!”

Still there......

#4 Apr 17, 2008
Hahaha. Well, it's like MMTer said. The goal of MMT isn't abstinence, it's to eliminate illicet use. Anything outside of that is entirely up to the individual. That's not meant to scare, just think of how many people are at your clinic and have not intention of getting off. I believe, and it's only my opinion, that if abstinence was looked upon as something that could be a result of mmt, then that statistic would change dramatically. But unfortunately, clinics just don't hold abstinence in high reguard.
beth c

Kansas City, MO

#5 Apr 17, 2008
CC, Please, do not be loaded with fear, just keep at it, if that is your goal, it is a worthy mark to aim for. This is not a race, just take the time you need to be successful. Are you keeping a journal? it might help you to write down your feelings and see what progress that you are making? The best to you, hope to see more of your posts, let us know how you are. b
drew

Dover, DE

#6 Apr 17, 2008
If you are not clean how do you get a buzz?? I had a tooh pulled and i was given a shot of delodin(sp), and i didnt feel a thing. I did not fail my test at my clinic cause i didnt happen to get tested anytime a few days after. But i have been given that before when ive had surgery and it is really strong! I didnt feel nothing this time cause of the methadone! I was glad i didnt get tested too cause im getting take homes in about a week! YAY!!

Canada (mini USA)

#7 Apr 18, 2008
beth c wrote:
CC, Please, do not be loaded with fear, just keep at it, if that is your goal, it is a worthy mark to aim for. This is not a race, just take the time you need to be successful. Are you keeping a journal? it might help you to write down your feelings and see what progress that you are making? The best to you, hope to see more of your posts, let us know how you are. b
Thanks....! Yes, goal is zero. Just anxiety about 1 (I am comfy and I don;t want to feel like crap for while...so, I think I'll stay here a couple more weeks).

I'll think about the journal.

Thanks for your kind/comforting words Beth.

“GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!”

Still there......

#8 Apr 18, 2008
Crazie Canuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks....! Yes, goal is zero. Just anxiety about 1 (I am comfy and I don;t want to feel like crap for while...so, I think I'll stay here a couple more weeks).
I'll think about the journal.
Thanks for your kind/comforting words Beth.
I'm pretty sure that I don't have to tell you that the anxiety is to be expected. Just know that from you have read in the past, every one of the people on here who no longer take methadone had anxiety at some time too. It's just part of the process and don't let that anxiety or fear make your decision for you. You'll know what to do and when the time comes, just use you head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In the steps of ancestors: Eagle Wings dancers ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Cancer Cluster 1
News Assisted suicide case puts Kane in national med... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Alex Jones N for Pot 5
News Kane won't defend Pa. in gay-marriage suit, sou... (Jul '13) Jul '13 nhjeff 11
News WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 preview, predictio... (Mar '12) Mar '12 butt 1
News Two former employees plead guilty in Kane abuse... (Oct '09) Oct '09 one who escaped 2
News Kane prosecutor to leave after two decades (Jan '09) Jan '09 D Rofelle 1
News Kane-based soldiers may be deployed in Middle East (Dec '08) Dec '08 Sua Sponte 2
More from around the web