Many believe Moody Blues belong in Ro...

Many believe Moody Blues belong in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

There are 22 comments on the RecordNET story from Jul 25, 2009, titled Many believe Moody Blues belong in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In it, RecordNET reports that:

Graeme Edge was ready for the question. He's tried answering it more times than he'd care to remember.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at RecordNET.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gian antonio Cavanna

Italy

#1 Jul 31, 2009
yes they deserves the introduuction in the
ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

pesky the real deal

“Safe pair of hands”

Since: Nov 08

where the trouble is

#2 Jul 31, 2009
there´s hardly any better small orchestra than these moody blues.
hall of fame..top spot, without any doubt !

“I bruise easily”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3 Jul 31, 2009
They don't need some lame entrance into the Hall of Fame, to validate their band.
The Moody Blues have proven beyond a doubt, what a great band they were/are.
GRACIE

United States

#4 Jul 31, 2009
One of the greats of all time!

Location hidden

#5 Aug 1, 2009
I don't really know about the moody blues as I am not old enough to know about them. However I have heard Justin Hayward sing when I saw Jeff Waynes The War of the Worlds and for his age he can sing.
dodi1940

Stroudsburg, PA

#6 Aug 1, 2009
At this point in time to put them in the R&R hall of fame would be an insult. they should have been one of the first bands to be there.
i have loved them for 40 years.

Since: Feb 09

England

#7 Aug 2, 2009
lol... This makes me think of my Moody Blues 'Nights in White Satin' 8-Track.. It was the size of a suitcase.

I wonder where it is now?

Since: Feb 09

England

#8 Aug 2, 2009
Or is that 'Knights' in white Satin?
I can't remember.

Since: Feb 08

Midwest USA

#9 Aug 2, 2009
Unfortunately for the Moody Blues they came out when the Beatles and Stones did. They were overshadowed by those two bands. But they are Rock Hall of Fame worthy.
jimbo

Endicott, NY

#10 Aug 3, 2009
Next year's class....

Moody Blues, Doobie Brothers, Dire Straits

pesky the real deal

“Safe pair of hands”

where the trouble is

#11 Aug 4, 2009
2 out of 3 i agree, doobies...perhaps, some hich town in america might shelter them.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#12 Aug 4, 2009
I think Steely Dan deserves it more than Dire Straits....Surfers in america loved Moody Blues....

pesky the real deal

“Safe pair of hands”

where the trouble is

#13 Aug 4, 2009
perhaps, steely dan is very popular in midwest but in EU..i have doubts.
dire straights is not a music for corn pickers, it´s too sophisticated for those types.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#14 Aug 4, 2009
Cornpickers? its easy to see why your so popular here...do you even have friends?
jimbo

Endicott, NY

#15 Aug 4, 2009
And since the HOF always seems intent on inducting
"pioneering" type bands, I'll submit that Poco should get the nod.

pesky the real deal

“Safe pair of hands”

where the trouble is

#16 Aug 5, 2009
what one can do when he´s feeling Blue ?
do i have any friends, can´t you see my followers around here ?
Watching and Waiting

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Aug 7, 2009
Moodies deserve to be in the Rock & Roll hall of fame. Graeme Edge said that there was "a lot of politics involved". Obviously, since Madonna is in the HOF and the Moodies aren't. Having just caught their Mpls concert last night, I am still in Moody heaven. The band may not really care whether they are inducted or not, but their fans still want it for them.
moody fan

UK

#18 Sep 30, 2009
i m just 18 years old and luckly i saw the moody blues in brighton last year. i ve been always listening to the moodies since i was 7 years old and i would never believe that one day i will see them live!! well, i left the concert with the guitar pick of justin and the songs still wispering in my ears.. after 3 days i realized that i saw the amazing moody blues...
a unique band far better from any other bands of that time (that were more prommotionally succesful than the moodies).
Moodies do deserve a place in the Rock & Roll hall of fame! a place that must had been given years ago.. but in a money-depended-world the richer is the "better"..
in the history of music no voice, no lyrics, no melody and no music were better from the moody blues. cheers!
Mr Giblets

India

#19 Sep 30, 2009
Madonna? she isn't remotely rock and Roll. pure bubblegum pop , like Whacko Jackson. Why not Gary Glitter?
JimboInNC

Charlotte, NC

#20 Oct 31, 2009
Without any doubt, the Moody Blues have some of the best and most unique music out there and should be in the Hall of Fame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justin Hayward Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News One Track Mind: Justin Hayward, "One Day Someda... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Brenda 1
News Check it out: Moody Blues in Orlando (Apr '14) Apr '14 Corinna 3
News Spotlighting Justin Hayward (Moody Blues) - 198... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Nuala Galbari 1
News The Moody Blues' Justin Hayward Planning to Rel... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Esther Hurden 3
News Celebrity birthdays for Oct. 14 (Oct '10) Oct '10 TJP 1
News Happy 2009 Video Birthday to the Extraordinary ... (Oct '09) Apr '10 Andy -Andrea 2
News Moody Blues return for US summer run (May '09) May '09 thunderbeing 1
More from around the web