Entertainment- Johnny Cash's Home Burns

Entertainment- Johnny Cash's Home Burns

There are 5 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Apr 11, 2007, titled Entertainment- Johnny Cash's Home Burns. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

Johnny Cash's longtime lakeside home, a showcase where he wrote much of his famous music and entertained U.S. presidents, music royalty and visiting fans, was destroyed by fire on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

Amber Denton

Nashville, TN

#1 Apr 12, 2007
i thnk its crazy how his house was caught on fire! i mean he is a legend and his house got burned... thats crazy look even elvis house is still standing!!!! whats let of johnny cash? only his music is now whats left of him
Amber Denton

Jackson, TN

#2 Apr 12, 2007
i think its crazy how his house was caught on fire! i mean he is a legend and his house got burned... thats crazy look even elvis house is still standing!!!! whats left of Johnny Cash? only his music is now the ;only thing of whats left!!!
Jo Anne Helmuth

United States

#3 Apr 13, 2007
I am so saddened by the loss of the Johnny Cash mansion ,as I always referred to it. It was certainly a very beautiful home. We saw it when my husband and I were touring the stars homes in 1983. At the time we visited, Roy Orbison owned the house next door. Certainly a piece of history has been destroyed. As best as I remember it was on Old Hickory Lake.
Evelyn Lamb

AOL

#4 Jun 25, 2007
Never understood what caused the fire or iif the fire caused a total loss.
Al Fargo

United States

#5 Jun 25, 2007
I first saw johnny cashs house about 5 years ago and a chill went up my spine when i first saw his house, thats where my hero lives. I have been a big fan of johnny since i was 5 years old. My father had an old san quentin album of his and i listened to it untill the record wouldnt play anymore. I am 44 years now and johnny and his music helped me through some tough growing up. The house was ment just for johnny and june.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

June Carter Cash Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Johnny Cash, June Carter Cash's Life Together D... (Jul '15) Jul '15 BIG bad John 1
News 'Murder in Coweta County' subject of activities... (Jul '13) May '14 2013 or 2014 7
News Happy Birthday, June Carter Cash, Country Music... (Nov '09) Sep '13 Musikologist 4
News New Sounds (Sep '08) Sep '08 SRB 1
News Concert Review: Rosanne Cash (Aug '08) Aug '08 news junkie 2
News CD Check (Mar '08) Mar '08 Richard Shipley 1
News Tour is more Vegas than Nashville (Jun '07) Jun '07 cindy 1
More from around the web