Threesome actor [Baldwin] backs gay marriage ban

Jan 8, 2008 Full story: www.pinknews.co.uk 49

A minor member of one of Hollywood's foremost families has come out in favour of Republican Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and expressed his opposition to gay equality.

Stephen Baldwin, who is the brother of actors Alec, Billy and Daniel, is best-known for his roles in the controversial 1994 film Threesome and 1995 thriller The Usual Suspects.

He became a born-again Christian after the attacks on New York on September 11th 2001.

During an appearance on the Howard Stern radio show, he indicated his support for the former Governor of Arkansas, who surprised pundits by comfortably winning last week's Iowa caucus.

"I don't believe that gay marriage is in line with God's Word, which is found in the Bible," Baldwin said.

Full Story

“Rational thoughts appreciated”

Since: Aug 07

Millstadt, IL

#22 Jan 8, 2008
pbagosy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Which state would that be in?
-pb
The state of denial.

-ba-dum-bum-ching!

That goofy "everyone has the right to hetero marriage" stance is getting old. These are the people concerned with the 'sanctity of marriage' but then suggest that people marry someone they don't (and couldn't possibly) love. GREAT idea!
David

United States

#23 Jan 8, 2008
pbagosy wrote:
Oh look, another Baldwin who's opinion I could care less about.
-pb
And yet the public is captivated by them. This truly is the land of Bush.
Will

United States

#24 Jan 8, 2008
YoMaMa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrs. Will, you have inspired a reply from me. LOL!
The "identical" civil marriage requirements are "one sided" by design. That is why the marriage license people are updating their product line.
An analogy of your slant on the debate:
A gas station sells "identical" fuel for "all" cars. That is "one sided" by design because it doesn't work with electric and hydrogen powered cars. That is why gas stations update their product line.
Oh...so you mean that gay marriage is market-driven, then? LOL

“How'd you like 2 be treated?”

Since: Sep 07

Long Beach, CA

#25 Jan 8, 2008
Matt wrote:
I will never understand how entertainers (actors, musicians, etc.) can be against equality for everyone. These people are observed and loved by MILLIONS of people around the world - people that come from all different walks of life.
It's just beyond me that performing artists go out of their way to make a public statement against some of the very people they perform for.
It's done on both sides of the fence. In order for you to slam -?? what's his name Baldwin - you have to say to yourself, "What the F*%K agenda is Babs pushing in our faces." None the less - Politics is already full of quixotic ramblings why are we even thinking about or listening to the celebritards.
Houyhnhnm wrote:
I think it's fascinating that Stephen Baldwin's opinion means anything just *because* he's an actor. But to borrow from Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel __________ without your permission." The world has given him this bully pulpit. If only the public would let Stephen (and so many others) know that he is perfectly entitled to his bigoted opinions, but they're not enlightened or worthy of broadcast.
Did you use Eleanor in your response because it is thought that she was a lesbian? I like the quote - I will remember it. Thx for sharing it.
Cody wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry - get some education before running your mouth.(to Wil)
You're new here - try not to feed the trolls, specially this one.

“Choose wisely!”

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles

#27 Jan 8, 2008
Will wrote:
LOL...listen, there is NO opposition to gay "equality".
Gays already have the IDENTICAL right to civil marriage that non-gays have.
Gays, straights, bisexuals and asexuals all complete the IDENTICAL civil marriage applications and are subject to the IDENTICAL civil marriage requirements and limitations.
And THAT is what "equality" looks like.
LOL. Will, that's codswallop!

Your "equality" is 'separate but equal', as long as your 'equal' is always greater than mine and preserves your superior status.

Eric

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#28 Jan 8, 2008
Will wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...so you mean that gay marriage is market-driven, then? LOL
As much as heterosexual marriage is, then yes.

Marriage, in the Bible, in human history, is about property, and lines of succession and inheritence. That is fact Will, and neither you nor anyone can change it.

Today, marriage laws - and divorce laws - still revolve largely along property and commercial lines - do not pretend they do not, for again, history and fact would prove you inconclusively wrong.

Eric
Spoon Fed minority

Charlotte, NC

#29 Jan 8, 2008
I am still befuddled by the segregation a sexual act creates in our society. I think it is time to turn off the spotlight on gays and start thinking about us spooners. I want compensation for spooning all the women I have slept with. I want senators to come out of the sheets and tell us all when they spooned. I want equal rights folks. And I don't care if Stephen Baldwin gets saved again and is against this idea of spooning. I will continue to spoon.
Straight Lovin

Alpharetta, GA

#30 Jan 8, 2008
Spoon Fed minority wrote:
I am still befuddled by the segregation a sexual act creates in our society. I think it is time to turn off the spotlight on gays and start thinking about us spooners. I want compensation for spooning all the women I have slept with. I want senators to come out of the sheets and tell us all when they spooned. I want equal rights folks. And I don't care if Stephen Baldwin gets saved again and is against this idea of spooning. I will continue to spoon.
Dear Spoon, I am a gay person who spoons with straight people. I want double compensation.

“Haters Need 2 Shut the F-K Up!”

Since: Aug 07

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, USA

#31 Jan 8, 2008
I get "a rise" when so-called Christians quote bible verse about homosexuality. Too bad they stopped reading the same chapter that orders men to stop wearing mixed woven fibers, wear beards, and stone their wives and neighbors for impure deeds (or something like that). Oh and the part about helping your fellow man? What happened to that? I guess charity was washed away with the 9th Ward in New Orleans...

Since: Nov 07

Atlanta, GA

#32 Jan 8, 2008
Itís clear homosexual couples are better at keeping the marriage vow than opposite sex couplesÖ

Hereís a bet no one seems to want to take. Iíve offered it to Bill Oíreily and to others, but they donít have any donuts to bet against my dollars.

Since same sex marriage has been legal in Massachusetts, who do you think has the highest divorce rate? I will bet anyone, dollars to donuts, that the heterosexual divorce rate is higher. Any takers? I thought not.

Well itís straights by over two to one.

Since homosexual marriage has been legal in Massachusetts, only 7% of same-sex marriages have ended in divorce, but almost 17% of opposite sex marriages have.
No apology here

Avon, CT

#33 Jan 9, 2008
aRodeojock wrote:
he's a second-rate hasbeen. what do I care what he thinks. Let's hear what Brangelina have to say on the matter... THEN I'll care! LOL.
Yeah, like being an 'A'-lister makes a difference. Hollywood = Cesspool
No apology here

Avon, CT

#34 Jan 9, 2008
WTF is a 'minor member' of a family?

Since: Nov 07

Atlanta, GA

#35 Jan 9, 2008
For example in some states, you cannot marry your first cousin no matter what their sex.

In some, you can. If first cousins marry in a state that allows this, they are married in all states and can be divorced in all states.

Therefore, all states must recognize marriages performed in other states. If they donít what a mess we will have.

How can same sex marriage be treated any differently?

Thank you Massachusetts.

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#36 Jan 9, 2008
No apology here wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, like being an 'A'-lister makes a difference. Hollywood = Cesspool
And yet you fund it with you dollars by watching TV and going to the movies and DVD rentals.

Who's the bigger fool; the fool or the fool that follows him?

Eric

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#38 Jan 9, 2008
Even haughtily worded tripe is still tripe.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#40 Jan 9, 2008
ACLU-Tom wrote:
Even haughtily worded tripe is still tripe.
Funny isn't it?

“IMHO....”

Since: Jan 08

Here and there

#41 Jan 9, 2008
<quoted text>
Did you use Eleanor in your response because it is thought that she was a lesbian? I like the quote - I will remember it. Thx for sharing it.
<quoted text>

Nah, that's just a side-benny. But for you to actually quote her, you'll need the entire quote: "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." I just happen to think that "inferior" is one of many things we feel, and that she could have effectively broadened the sentiment very easily. Or we can.
Mark Maclean

Mississauga, Canada

#42 Nov 15, 2008
How many people in the world don't understand what equality is?

Typically hateful reporting, where they lie about someone to make them appear to be what they are not.

Homosexual marriage is not about equality. Every adult male and adult female has the RIGHT to marry anyone they want, providing they are not closely related, they are not minors, they are not animals, and they are the opposite sex.

If you choose not to be equal with everyone else, and want to marry an animal, or your sister, or someone of the same sex.

Choosing to be in a relationship with someone outside of that definition (a close relative, a sheep, a minor, etc) does not mean you don't have equal rights ... it means you choose not to live in an equal way.

What's next? Marriage between minors? Relatives? Animals?

Get a life people. You have the equal rights now to marry any adult of the opposite sex that is not a minor if you are both not married.

That is being equal.

The homosexual community has been marginalized for years. They have been disrespected for so long - it is inconceivable that they would be so disrespectful now of others. They are treating all people who are in God ordained marriages with disrepect. They are now disrpecting others ... you'd think they would know better from history.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#43 Nov 16, 2008
Mark Maclean wrote:
How many people in the world don't understand what equality is?
Typically hateful reporting, where they lie about someone to make them appear to be what they are not.
Homosexual marriage is not about equality. Every adult male and adult female has the RIGHT to marry anyone they want, providing they are not closely related, they are not minors, they are not animals, and they are the opposite sex.
If you choose not to be equal with everyone else, and want to marry an animal, or your sister, or someone of the same sex.
Choosing to be in a relationship with someone outside of that definition (a close relative, a sheep, a minor, etc) does not mean you don't have equal rights ... it means you choose not to live in an equal way.
What's next? Marriage between minors? Relatives? Animals?
Get a life people. You have the equal rights now to marry any adult of the opposite sex that is not a minor if you are both not married.
That is being equal.
The homosexual community has been marginalized for years. They have been disrespected for so long - it is inconceivable that they would be so disrespectful now of others. They are treating all people who are in God ordained marriages with disrepect. They are now disrpecting others ... you'd think they would know better from history.
Load of Crap. The same tactic was used to explain/justify interracial marriages and it was no more true then than your claims are "true" now. Marriage is offered by the State and your "God" only has significance in them if you choose that belief. Your Marriage is neither affected nor disrespected by another individual who marries someone else. As far as your straw-man involving incest, animals, and minors, you are the one that needs to "get a Life".
anonymous

United States

#44 Nov 19, 2008
No one is trying to take equal rights away from gays. They have the same civil rights as anyone else. The instituion of marriage is the union between one man and one woman. THAT IS WHAT IT IS. Gays are the ones trying to change something. If they want to join together in a union they can come up with their own name for it. Marriage is a name that is already taken. That is the bottom line. Why can't people just get it? They just want something to complain about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Charles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh Charles nude (Nov '11) Jul '14 Billy D 2
'The Good Wife' Season 5, Episode 11 Spoilers: ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Concerned in Minn... 1
Emmy roundtable: Walton Goggins will 'never for... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Gabrielle Mardikian 1
Good Wife Season 3 Scoop: Hotel Hook-Up Afterma... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Anonymous 3
'The Good Wife' Star Josh Charles Promises the ... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Purepizzaz 1
Analysis of an actor (Jan '08) Jan '08 Annabelle Leigh 1
Four Brothers Feb '06 phoebesmum 1

Josh Charles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE