Threesome actor [Baldwin] backs gay marriage ban

Jan 8, 2008 Full story: www.pinknews.co.uk 49

A minor member of one of Hollywood's foremost families has come out in favour of Republican Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and expressed his opposition to gay equality.

Stephen Baldwin, who is the brother of actors Alec, Billy and Daniel, is best-known for his roles in the controversial 1994 film Threesome and 1995 thriller The Usual Suspects.

He became a born-again Christian after the attacks on New York on September 11th 2001.

During an appearance on the Howard Stern radio show, he indicated his support for the former Governor of Arkansas, who surprised pundits by comfortably winning last week's Iowa caucus.

"I don't believe that gay marriage is in line with God's Word, which is found in the Bible," Baldwin said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Matt

Greer, SC

#1 Jan 8, 2008
I will never understand how entertainers (actors, musicians, etc.) can be against equality for everyone. These people are observed and loved by MILLIONS of people around the world - people that come from all different walks of life.

It's just beyond me that performing artists go out of their way to make a public statement against some of the very people they perform for.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#2 Jan 8, 2008
Stephen Baldwin has been a religious nut for years now, it's no surprise that he supports another religious nut for president.
Will

United States

#3 Jan 8, 2008
LOL...listen, there is NO opposition to gay "equality".

Gays already have the IDENTICAL right to civil marriage that non-gays have.

Gays, straights, bisexuals and asexuals all complete the IDENTICAL civil marriage applications and are subject to the IDENTICAL civil marriage requirements and limitations.

And THAT is what "equality" looks like.

“Let a smile be your umbrella!”

Since: Aug 07

Saint Augustine, FL

#4 Jan 8, 2008
Will wrote:
Gays, straights, bisexuals and asexuals all complete the IDENTICAL civil marriage applications and are subject to the IDENTICAL civil marriage requirements and limitations.
Twaddle. Heterosexuals may marry the loves of their lives. LGBTQers may not.

And THAT is what "inequality" looks like.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#5 Jan 8, 2008
Ah, just another for the boycott list.
YoMaMa

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Jan 8, 2008
Will wrote:
IDENTICAL civil marriage applications and are subject to the IDENTICAL civil marriage requirements and limitations.
Mrs. Will, you have inspired a reply from me. LOL!

The "identical" civil marriage requirements are "one sided" by design. That is why the marriage license people are updating their product line.

An analogy of your slant on the debate:

A gas station sells "identical" fuel for "all" cars. That is "one sided" by design because it doesn't work with electric and hydrogen powered cars. That is why gas stations update their product line.

“IMHO....”

Since: Jan 08

Here and there

#8 Jan 8, 2008
I think it's fascinating that Stephen Baldwin's opinion means anything just *because* he's an actor. But to borrow from Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel __________ without your permission." The world has given him this bully pulpit. If only the public would let Stephen (and so many others) know that he is perfectly entitled to his bigoted opinions, but they're not enlightened or worthy of broadcast.
tiqueboy

Denver, CO

#9 Jan 8, 2008
Will wrote:
What an Idiot you are

“Fight bigotry.”

Toms River, NJ

#10 Jan 8, 2008
Even more appropriate, given it's about marriage. You can marry anybody you want, as long as they're the same race as you.
YoMaMa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrs. Will, you have inspired a reply from me. LOL!
The "identical" civil marriage requirements are "one sided" by design. That is why the marriage license people are updating their product line.
An analogy of your slant on the debate:
A gas station sells "identical" fuel for "all" cars. That is "one sided" by design because it doesn't work with electric and hydrogen powered cars. That is why gas stations update their product line.
DaveW

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jan 8, 2008
Hardly a surprise. In any case, why should we care what an actor thinks?(Especially a second-string one). The fact is, very few entertainers have really influenced national or even state policy (except where they went on to be governors and presidents of course...)
DaveW

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Jan 8, 2008
Will wrote:
This is such a silly (and dated) argument. It makes no sense, and you know that. I doubt you are a complete idiot, but you like to stir the pot with this type of remark.

If we changed the marriage laws so men could only marry men, and women could only marry women, would you still consider this equal treatment? No, I didn't think so.

Since: Mar 07

Washington DC

#13 Jan 8, 2008
he's a second-rate hasbeen. what do I care what he thinks. Let's hear what Brangelina have to say on the matter... THEN I'll care! LOL.
eric

Denver, CO

#14 Jan 8, 2008
Will wrote:
When gays are allowed to marry, you will have the right to marry a man or a woman and I will have the right to marry a man or a woman. We will both have more rights. What could be wrong with that?
eric

Denver, CO

#15 Jan 8, 2008
Lyle Menendez blew his mother’s head off with a shotgun and he got married. Apparently, there’s no sin heinous enough to prevent two people from getting married, as long as one has a penis and the other a vagina.

Since: May 07

Doylestown, PA

#16 Jan 8, 2008
Oh look, another Baldwin who's opinion I could care less about.

-pb

Doylestown, PA

#17 Jan 8, 2008
Pagan and Proud wrote:
Ah, just another for the boycott list.
I'm sure we're all going to miss Bio Dome terribly, but these are the sacrifices we make.

-pb

Doylestown, PA

#18 Jan 8, 2008
Will wrote:
Really? Which state would that be in?

-pb
UGH

Oregon City, OR

#19 Jan 8, 2008
aRodeojock wrote:
he's a second-rate hasbeen. what do I care what he thinks. Let's hear what Brangelina have to say on the matter... THEN I'll care! LOL.
Welllllllll, I hear that Brad Pitt will marry Angelina Jolie when all gay couples in the US can legally tie the knot.:)
Cody

Los Altos, CA

#20 Jan 8, 2008
What a frickin' Moron he is ..

Does God really condemn loving homosexual relationships? Is the chasm separating Christianity from gays and lesbians too wide to cross? Is the Bible an excuse to hate? These questions and more are answered in this award-winning documentary, which brilliantly reconciles homosexuality and Biblical scripture – and reveals that religious anti-gay bias is based almost solely upon a misinterpretation of the Bible.
Through the experiences of five very normal, Christian, American families – including those of former House Majority Leader Richard Gephardt and Episcopal Bishop Gene Robinson – we discover how people of faith handle the realization of having a gay child or family member.

http://firstrunfeatures.com/forthebibletellsm...
Cody

Los Altos, CA

#21 Jan 8, 2008
Will wrote:
Sorry - get some education before running your mouth. There are in fact over 1,049 Federal Benefits granted to Hetero-married people that we cannot obtain.

Check it out if your mind is not already so closed. Better to open your mind and close your mouth that sepouse something you don't undertsand.

http://www.hrc.org/issues/5538.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Charles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh Charles nude (Nov '11) Jul '14 Billy D 2
'The Good Wife' Season 5, Episode 11 Spoilers: ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Concerned in Minn... 1
Emmy roundtable: Walton Goggins will 'never for... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Gabrielle Mardikian 1
Good Wife Season 3 Scoop: Hotel Hook-Up Afterma... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Anonymous 3
'The Good Wife' Star Josh Charles Promises the ... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Purepizzaz 1
Analysis of an actor (Jan '08) Jan '08 Annabelle Leigh 1
Four Brothers Feb '06 phoebesmum 1
More from around the web