Europe's mania for a black U.S. president

There are 20 comments on the Nov 7, 2008, The Japan Times story titled Europe's mania for a black U.S. president. In it, The Japan Times reports that:

Why do Europeans adore America's president-elect, Barack Obama? Stupid question, you might say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Japan Times.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Captain A

Tolleson, AZ

#1 Nov 7, 2008
Because hes a radical leftist....and its only radical leftists that only like America when democrats are in power. When ever there is a republican in power its Hate , Hate , Hate 24/7...So when the leftist media says that America isnt liked or have lost their good standing in world opinion it dosnt matter. Halve Black Barak Osama Obama will have the Leftist media covering for him just like they did the Disgraced and Impeached Bill Clinton. I guarantee that this Obama administration will be a arrogant and hateful one and the media will just adore him and his every move.
Captain A

Tolleson, AZ

#3 Nov 7, 2008
Oh another thing ...wasnt Obamas campaign suppose to not be about Race? Thats all the media and Mr Obama is talking about...Martin Luther King and his "I had an affair...ah ...no the I have a dream speech" that Obama is the end result of the civil rights struggle. So a Halve WHITE/African-African with no slave blood is the end result of the civil rights era.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#4 Nov 8, 2008
Captain A wrote:
Because hes a radical leftist....and its only radical leftists that only like America when democrats are in power. When ever there is a republican in power its Hate , Hate , Hate 24/7...So when the leftist media says that America isnt liked or have lost their good standing in world opinion it dosnt matter. Halve Black Barak Osama Obama will have the Leftist media covering for him just like they did the Disgraced and Impeached Bill Clinton. I guarantee that this Obama administration will be a arrogant and hateful one and the media will just adore him and his every move.
Can you try to think again how the real things in our World have become? Europe is not left (they never were) or leftists. If leftism for you is the fact that none in the World has to agree every single time with whatever the Government of the other side of Atlantic does then i have to say that you may consider this again. And this comes from someone that is the completely opposite of leftism and someone who believes in US and US-European alliance but you see we have to look at things practically here. Have you got any idea what was the Foreign policy of the last years of US towards traditional friends and allies? Do you want me to inform you that some officials from the other side of the Atlantic fully supported a few pariah micro-puppet States and groups and let down traditional friends or faithful allies that were with them during all Wars and Cold War until now? And all this for what? Now i am not saying that a change in Administration will immediately put things right. All i am saying is that you think again why non-Leftist Europe didn't fully support the Republican Candidate who by the way was a decent man and a very good candidate...

Since: May 08

Germany

#5 Nov 8, 2008
Captain A wrote:
Because hes a radical leftist....and its only radical leftists that only like America when democrats are in power. When ever there is a republican in power its Hate , Hate , Hate 24/7...So when the leftist media says that America isnt liked or have lost their good standing in world opinion it dosnt matter. Halve Black Barak Osama Obama will have the Leftist media covering for him just like they did the Disgraced and Impeached Bill Clinton.
All the G. W. Bush-haters have come out of the woodwork;)

I personally shall wait and see what/how Obama is going to do. Perhaps, it is a matter of age? I belong to the elderly generation and as a CDU-voter my sympathies lie more with the Republicans.

“Cogito Ergo Sum”

Since: Feb 08

South of France

#6 Nov 8, 2008
The only thing "arrogant and hateful" I see here is your steaming pile of idiot, ignorant neoconned spew, Captain A-hole.

You lost, you and your vicious neo-nazi, crypto-fascist neocon poltroons, and you're all on the ride to nowhere, where arrogant, ignorant shits like you belong.

Suck it up and STFU, unless you have something useful to say other than your meaningless and utterly ignorant biased reich-wing bullshit, because we've all had 8 years of you disgusting fascist turds bumbling around, shouting and ranting, and it's time for you to sit down, shut up and consider WHY you're useless side of child-molesting, corrupt, wide-stanced GOP wankers nearly destroyed the American Dream, and the planet along with it.

Avec rancune.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#7 Nov 8, 2008
Lakshmi72 wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally shall wait and see what/how Obama is going to do.
That seems to be a sensible course of action.

We should avoid pre-judging Obama before he has shown his mettle. He inherits a country in disarray, as far as I am concerned, both on the economic and the political standpoints.

How he will tackle the economic survival and manage to extricate his country from the quagmire in the Middle East has yet to be seen.

Since: Aug 08

Rochdale, England

#8 Nov 8, 2008
Quite simply - after the disastrous policies (both Fiscal & Foreign) of the Bush Administration Europe would have welcomed a bright green or purple President if his/her policies ushered in a period of intelligence, reason, rationality & sanity.

His 'race'(stupid word, we are all one human race) is completely immaterial to us.

Location hidden

#9 Nov 8, 2008
Lakshmi72 wrote:
<quoted text>
All the G. W. Bush-haters have come out of the woodwork;)
I personally shall wait and see what/how Obama is going to do. Perhaps, it is a matter of age? I belong to the elderly generation and as a CDU-voter my sympathies lie more with the Republicans.
Sorry, allow me to say this fairy tale about George Bush-haters must come to an end (in fact it should have end a long time ago) because to my opinion this is a a "story" for "kids" or voters without deep knowledge about politics in Europe and in US. Everyone in the World and i mean EVERYONE (apart from Al-Qaida of course!) was supporting George Bush and his administration right after September the 11th. The support continued for the next years to come despite some differences between Europe and US (and others like Russia e.g) on War issues and Geopolitics. But everything in this World has its own limits, none serious politician could support an administration that has come to the extent to underestimate and put aside faithful traditional Allies that were fought with US side by side for the liberation of World during World Wars and Cold War fight against Red Dictators/communism. On the contrary, small controversial micro-States with weird politicians were fully supported just because they send a few lousy police officers to Iraq for guarding the closet/clothes of American Soldiers and i mean they used them for less important reasons. Well that surely couldn't be so right;

“ Ye shall know the Truth and ”

Since: Sep 08

The Truth Shall Blow Your Mind

#10 Nov 9, 2008
Perhaps Europe is seeking peace just like the majority of the US. Perhaps they are a bit tired of the knife in their back and want to get back to prosperity and peace. Perhaps they are not obsessed with the color of the man's skin like the racists in America are.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#11 Nov 9, 2008
ClairvoyantOfTruthDotCom wrote:
Perhaps Europe is seeking peace just like the majority of the US. Perhaps they are a bit tired of the knife in their back and want to get back to prosperity and peace. Perhaps they are not obsessed with the color of the man's skin like the racists in America are.
Strange you say that.
Now our media are telling us that Europeans are racist.
Greg

Englewood, CO

#12 Nov 9, 2008
Captain A wrote:
Bad argument. Europe certaintly didn't hate Reagan. plus- many conservatives in USA don't like Bush after he increased govt., increased spending, and can't even say that going into Iraq was a mistake to begin with. Europe would like Donald Duck over George Bush just as this Country does.

#13 Nov 9, 2008
Robespierre wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange you say that.
Now our media are telling us that Europeans are racist.
LOL. White Europeans have always been racist as well as White Americans. But we all are getting a bit tired of all that right about now. Its old. Time to turn the page. Many Europeans are trying to turn that page as well as Americans but there are those who want to keep us there where we do not want to be. It is also time America stop stabbing its allies in the godamn back. I pray that Obama can put our country on the right track again. I know he can. Hes gotta clean up the shit the sickos left behind and he will. The fences will be mended regardless of the racists kicking, screaming and bucking the entire way.

#14 Nov 9, 2008
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad argument. Europe certaintly didn't hate Reagan. plus- many conservatives in USA don't like Bush after he increased govt., increased spending, and can't even say that going into Iraq was a mistake to begin with. Europe would like Donald Duck over George Bush just as this Country does.
Greg, Captain A seems to be a bit out of touch with reality. Sometimes in a persons brain it just snaps because the reality of thier situations are too much to bare. The bubble has burst and now in comes all the fresh air. A shock to the system so at times the mental faculties shut down. Some recover from it and some are hopelessly lost in it.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 10, 2008
To all uneducated naives and idiots ONCE again:
This fairy tale about George Bush-haters must come to an end (in fact it should have end a long time ago) because to my opinion this is a a "story" for "kids" or voters without deep knowledge about politics in Europe and in US. US ca not support small controversial micro-States with weird politicians were fully supported just because they send a few lousy police officers to Iraq for useless assignments of American Soldiers.

Everyone who believes US under any administration does everything right is just another useless uneducated and ignorant garbage.
Old American Gal

United States

#16 Nov 10, 2008
I thought the article this thread is about was well-written and thoughtful. Old Europe does love to point its finger at us while ignoring its own problems that are worse (e.g., racial riots in France last year).
Goodbye Senator McCain

Sarasota, FL

#17 Nov 10, 2008
Yeah, look at all the black heads of state in Europe, the continent that invented scientific racism. If you'd ever spent some time over there, sweetie, you'd realize one thing: The Europeans want us to have a black president because never in a thousand years would they put a black president or prime minister in office. There was almost a civil war when a black Miss Italy was selected. Anything Europe wants America to do, they want us to do because they think it would hurt America and therefore be good for Europe.

#18 Nov 10, 2008
I am sure thats the reason.
Motorman

Sarasota, FL

#19 Nov 10, 2008
I am sure thats the reason.
It's not a guess, darling. Just look at the ridiculous "endorsement" a respected British magazine, the Economist, gave Obama a few days before the election. They said that electing Obama would be a "risk" and a "gamble" for the American economy, but that we should just bite the bullet and do it anyway, because "It's time." Of course it's time! It's always time for America to go down the drain as far as Europeans are concerned.
Planet Earth

Stuttgart, Germany

#20 Nov 10, 2008
Goodbye Senator McCain wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, look at all the black heads of state in Europe, the continent that invented scientific racism. If you'd ever spent some time over there, sweetie, you'd realize one thing: The Europeans want us to have a black president because never in a thousand years would they put a black president or prime minister in office. There was almost a civil war when a black Miss Italy was selected. Anything Europe wants America to do, they want us to do because they think it would hurt America and therefore be good for Europe.
lol.... Stop nagging around in here . you do not have any clue ,of what you are talking about !

Location hidden

#21 Nov 10, 2008
Old American Gal wrote:
I thought the article this thread is about was well-written and thoughtful. Old Europe does love to point its finger at us while ignoring its own problems that are worse (e.g., racial riots in France last year).
How is your insurance? Because in US even if you have a basic insurance you are being left on the streets like garbage at the case you are sick or have health problem not in Europe! So it looks like that in US , the citizens have much bigger problems than anyone else. Well....unless your most "reliable" information source about Europe is the ....."Terminator" Arnold Schwarzenegger who said in a recent interview that Europe has so much problems.......! Well no! America has and it is just the beginning of a financial-social crisis at least for many in US!

Not to mention crime...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josephine Baker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Josephine Baker, the most sensational woman any... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Fern is a diva 7
News Explore African-American culture in Paris (Feb '13) Feb '13 Unique2 8
Josephine Baker nude ! (Sep '12) Sep '12 Maude 1
Josephine Baker nude (Mar '11) Mar '11 Dee 1
News 'Black Paris Tours' looks at love affair betwee... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Jazzlover 4
News Black Americans' Long Love For Paris (Jan '08) Jan '08 ftec 2
News Castle of richness and ruin (Apr '07) Apr '07 Diana 1
More from around the web