Motion to withdraw toddler murder ple...

Motion to withdraw toddler murder plea denied

There are 69 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Aug 20, 2008, titled Motion to withdraw toddler murder plea denied. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

A guilty plea entered by Jose Garcia last year in connection with the stomping death of a toddler will stand, a district court judge ruled Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Aug 20, 2008
I know the death of the baby is unfair... I know the parents and family are hurt... My heart does go out to them... but by the desisions of these parents we are all in this mess
Faith

Midland, TX

#22 Aug 20, 2008
Thank God that baby is were she belongs, does not sound like home life was that great of a place for her to be. Now she can be protected like she should have been!
Faith

Midland, TX

#23 Aug 20, 2008
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
He had a chance with lousy representation.... that is no chance... Mckinneys hands are bloody also... you don't leave your children in care of young kids that you by alcohol and booze for... in most head injuries it can take up to 48 hours to set in, this little girl probably had injuries before she was brought to the filthy pig home of the baby sitter... I worked at the Jr High when this young girl was there and she is bad news... and I don't form oppinions unless I know FACTS... I know both the Garcias and Mckinneys and the 15 year old and her mother... oh guess what he mothers name is?... Highway ****... now isn't that something to be proud of.... the Mckineys leave there children with the daughter of a bar fly!!!!
Sure do seem to agree with you all you are saying I know to be true also!
Trying to Understand

Oklahoma City, OK

#24 Aug 20, 2008
CONCERNED MOTHER wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well put! The fact of the matter is that Jose Garcia's shoe prints were found all over that baby's body. I wish that everyone could see the autopsy results, and see what kind of damage was done to that beautiful little girl. I know that 30 years is not enough time to spend for the death of an innocent child, but I firmly believe that he will get what is coming to him on his judgement day! If the parents supplied alcohol and drugs shame, shame, shame on them.
Shame on them?.... yes shame on them but why were they not in trouble for contributing to a minor? Why did the not go home and check on everything before going out ALL night, they are not as innocent as they are acting like. God knows the truth and they will get what they deserve... its called karma.
A MOM

Rio Rancho, NM

#25 Aug 20, 2008
Jose Garcia got was coming too him he took that plea he understood it, he killed a innocent baby, and he understood that HE KILLED THAT BABY HE STOMPED HER TO DEATH so he understood the ramifacations of his actions i look at it this way you do the crime be perpared to do the time. dont blame the parents or the mckinney family they have suffered a great deal and the pain they feel will never really go away they will long for that child the rest of their lives and what about the brother to taegen he will have to grow up knowing that his sister died and that he witnessed the whole thing so to jose and his family ponder that fact and a fact you can not dispute he saw what jose did to his sister can you honestly say that it was his fault his baby sister died.
Spackle

Rio Vista, TX

#26 Aug 20, 2008
Was Arlon Stoker appointed by the court or hired by the Garcia family?
JHNYBLZ

Farmington, NM

#27 Aug 20, 2008
you people have to be totally stupid to say that their is two sides to this story. this stupid a---hole who dosen't deserve the name man, stomped on a baby. nothing else matters, this piece of s--h--i--t killed a child. you people who try and defend him should be locked up right next to him. he'll get whats coming to him, even the worst of criminals in prison frown upon child killers.
Anon

Farmington, NM

#28 Aug 20, 2008
Right on JHNYBLZ.
Farmington

Midland, TX

#29 Aug 20, 2008
JHNYBLZ wrote:
you people have to be totally stupid to say that their is two sides to this story. this stupid a---hole who dosen't deserve the name man, stomped on a baby. nothing else matters, this piece of s--h--i--t killed a child. you people who try and defend him should be locked up right next to him. he'll get whats coming to him, even the worst of criminals in prison frown upon child killers.
There are two sides how can you not see that!
Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#30 Aug 20, 2008
it all matters... what do you mean nothing else matters... facts are facts... and they should be herd...there are two sides to every story... and only one side is being herd by the courts...
Mee

United States

#31 Aug 20, 2008
JHNYBLZ wrote:
I agree totally with JHNYBLZ... There is only one side and only ONE killer.. No matter what kind of people the parents are.. Garcia is the one that killed that precious little baby girl!
a mom also

Albuquerque, NM

#32 Aug 20, 2008
I am a mother, there are two childrn lost in this story and two parents that shouldn't be called parents from what I am seeing and reading just cause you give birth doesnt mean your a mom... moms do not leave there children in harms way... you can all justify your feelings by the loss of the child is tourture enough on this family... but if we play by the rules... then the parents should have to pay more of a price for hurting there own kids in such a way that can never be fixed
Burque

Lexington, IL

#33 Aug 20, 2008
Well, I personally think that Mr. Garcias parents should also be to blame if you want to go ahead and put the blame on Teagans parents. They are the ones responsible for raising that monster and defending him. He had so much rage and could not control himself enough that he brutally killed a helpless little girl. If he thinks he is so tough come and try and stomp this woman. I am just his size. If that was my son that stomped a little girl to death I would step back and evaluate how I could have raised such a monster. And console the family of that little girl and understand that he should get what he deserves. He does make his own decisions, but the way he was raised should help in that process. A Dios con la nina!!!!!
There is Hope

Oklahoma City, OK

#34 Aug 20, 2008
There are two sides to every story..... including this one. But you Jhnyblz must be totally stupid to not see it. The blame was put on Jose so everyone else could come out looking like saints. These people only tell what they want to be heard and they will pay off whoever they have to or do whatever they need to make themselves look like the good guys to all of you people who are fools and believe ONLY them! This whole story is a sad one and it is so sad that a little girl lost her life but before people go pointing fingers they need to look at the whole picture not just the pieces that the McKinney's want to be known.
Mee

United States

#35 Aug 20, 2008
You people that sit here and try to blame the parents of a little girl are crazy! For you guys to sit there and think she didn't love her little girl enough to leave her with someone she trusted are crazy! No one made Garcia stomp on her NO ONE forced him to do the things he did! So you can blame people all day long.. But in the end he has to be punished for what HE, Himself did!
a mom also

Albuquerque, NM

#36 Aug 20, 2008
Mr Garcias parents were not giving him drugs and alcohol... it was the parents of the children... to leave your children in the care of children with payment of drugs and alcohol is disgusting... honestly what do you think can happen... as we all know nothing good comes out of this mixture...
Mee

United States

#37 Aug 20, 2008
Well like "Burque" said "Well, I personally think that Mr. Garcias parents should also be to blame if you want to go ahead and put the blame on Teagans parents."
Should we blame them for turning him into a kid that liked to drink and do drugs and get out of control!!! Enough of the Blame. He is soley responsible!
from somewhere

Albuquerque, NM

#38 Aug 20, 2008
the monsters are the Mckinneys!!!!!! yo DO NOT GIVE YOUR BABY SITTER DRUGS AND ALCOHOL!!!! you DO NOT leave your children all day and night with 15 year olds where was her mother? there was no adult suervision and The McKinneys are free and clear in the death of there daughter...
Farmington Girl

United States

#39 Aug 20, 2008
I personally went to school with the 15 year old babysitter, guess what?? she didn't need the parents to by her booze and drugs to get ahold of them. She had plenty more without what they bought her IF they did buy her any at all. She should have tried to be more responsible and not have Jose over when she was on the job. Besides that, she knew all along it was wrong, thats why she tried to change the clothes on the baby and hide the bloody clothes, thats why after it was all said and done, she was screaming Teagans name to come back.... and that is why she tried to commit suicide afterwards, cause she felt so guilty. Its sad that she has to remember that everyday of her life now, but it was partly her fault for having him over, he is a murderer and should be put away for life getting stomped and beat so he knows how it feels. GET MURDERERS OFF THE STREETS BEFORE THEY STRIKE AGAIN!!! All you ppl..... think about it this way. What if you were in the McKinnies shoes?? What if you trusted a babysitter that you didn't know did drugs, and you came home to your helpless daughter or son dead?? They aren't just blaming Jose, they are blaming themselves for leaving Teagan. I'm sure everyday they say to themselve, what if I didn't leave Teagan that night?? Would she still be with us? How would you feel?
Burque

Bloomington, IL

#40 Aug 20, 2008
I believe that the way you were raised has a lot to do with how you act. As well as taking responsiblity for your actions. He obviously didn't have common sense. He did the crime now do the time. I know plenty of people that drink and they don't abuse their children. And to sit here and put the blame on Taegans parents is ridiculous. They did not make his foot stomp that innocent little girl. HE DID!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jose Garcia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jurors watch police interrogation video in Roun... (May '14) May '14 Friend 1
News People of Illinois happy to see Blagojevich go (Jan '09) Jan '09 Ed O PLANET OF TH... 3
News Execution appeal again is focusing on inmate's IQ (Sep '07) Sep '07 American 1
Jose Garcia-Leon (Feb '07) Feb '07 Darlene 1
More from around the web