Motion to withdraw toddler murder plea denied

A guilty plea entered by Jose Garcia last year in connection with the stomping death of a toddler will stand, a district court judge ruled Tuesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Spackle

Glen Rose, TX

#1 Aug 20, 2008
Perhaps Jose and his mother, Angela, should consider themselves lucky. He is alive. She can see him in prison on visiting day.

Taegan McKinney's mother can visit her grave.
Cheeky

Roswell, NM

#2 Aug 20, 2008
They should be glad they didn't agree to this. From everything I've heard and read on previous posts, he'd have a target on his head for the rest of his miserable little life. I certainly hope he has one in prison to where he has to watch his back and wonder and worry just which day it will be.
Great Aunt to TAEGEN TX

Arlington, TX

#3 Aug 20, 2008
I myself attended trial that day. Jose knew exactly what he was doing, and exactly what was being offered to him. It surprises me that Judge Price would even allow this baby killer back in her court room with such a plea. It makes me sick to know that all he receives in his state is 30 years and they call that life. I wish they were in Texas so that the family could attend his execution. And his Mother could watch her child dying at the hands of another. Our Taegen will never live again, and Jose Garcia should be glad for every breath he is allowed to take. I have often thought, how would I feel if it were my son that had committed such a crime. I would have to be disgraced. He took a little innocent child and stomped her death. How could a parent condone such action. Muchless continue to support him in bring such deep emotional hurt back to the McKinney family. I wish that we could have gone to trial. Eventhough it would have brought more pain to our family, at least his supporting family could have seen and heard the evidence of murder committed by there animal son. I hope that he continue to bring press to himself, so that the animals in prison will find out who and what he is, and maybe justice will be served one and for all for this killer.
Dogma

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Aug 20, 2008
i have to agree with the great aunt this killer should have been excuted. But like everything in New Mexico no matter what you do you just get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again.
Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Aug 20, 2008
Is that what it is Sandra Price protecting the family?... she should allow a trial for all the evedence to be brought to light and the truth be told.... where were the parents and grandparents?... why is it that the Mckinneys child is gone but none of the evedience of the home where this child was supposed to be safe has been touched on...The mother left this child in a filthy disgusting home... paying her babysitters with Booze and Dope and expecing her child to be safe.... The parents have blood on there hands also... they created this mess if they would have used there brians we wouldn't be in here today. The parents today couldn't pass a drug and alcohol test I bet... Yes a child is dead and that is so sad... but it's always easyer to put the blam on someone else... as the Mckinneys have...
Spackle

Glen Rose, TX

#6 Aug 20, 2008
Just Me says: Yes a child is dead and that is so sad... but it's always easyer to put the blam on someone else... as the Mckinneys have...

Put the blame on the murderous creep who killed a defenseless child? What a concept.
Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Aug 20, 2008
none of the evidence has been showen... the Mckinneys are being protected... as an adult you don't pay your child care with drugs and booze... the murderouse creeps are also the parents...
Farmington

United States

#8 Aug 20, 2008
Spackle wrote:
Just Me says: Yes a child is dead and that is so sad... but it's always easyer to put the blam on someone else... as the Mckinneys have...
Put the blame on the murderous creep who killed a defenseless child? What a concept.
I would have to agree Most of you here one side some of us know more.....
New resident

Aztec, NM

#9 Aug 20, 2008
What, he took the plea because he didn't want to wait 5 months for a new court date? Anyone who kills a child, particularly if they even admit to it, should get the book thrown at them and the key tossed down the sink. Thank God a murderer is off the streets. Even if he was boozed or doped, if you can't control yourself on those substances you should not be using around other people. A man in NY hit and killed a pregnant pedestrian yesterday, he had 20 suspensions on his license. Why does it take a death before these dangerous people are removed from society?
Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Aug 20, 2008
New resident wrote:
What, he took the plea because he didn't want to wait 5 months for a new court date? Anyone who kills a child, particularly if they even admit to it, should get the book thrown at them and the key tossed down the sink. Thank God a murderer is off the streets. Even if he was boozed or doped, if you can't control yourself on those substances you should not be using around other people. A man in NY hit and killed a pregnant pedestrian yesterday, he had 20 suspensions on his license. Why does it take a death before these dangerous people are removed from society?
See it makes no sence 5 months is nothing... Jose was made empty promises by the judge and attorney... and lets not forget the babysitters were booze and drugged by the PARENTS!!!!!
Trying to Understand

Houston, TX

#11 Aug 20, 2008
Yes the parents are also the murderous creeps. They should have enough common sense to not purchase alcohol and drugs for the 15 year old babysitter who was going to be watching their children. The babysitter and the parents should be held just as responsible as Jose but they figured it would be easier to put all of the blame on him. Who was the one that ran the day after everything happened.... howcome none of this came out in court? People were paid off in order to keep the parents and babysitter out of the light.
Trying to Understand

Houston, TX

#12 Aug 20, 2008
Farmington wrote:
<quoted text>I would have to agree Most of you here one side some of us know more.....
I agree also... you people only hear what the news wants you to hear and of course everyone always believes the news even though they don't tell all of the facts because it makes the story so much better for their jobs.
Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Aug 20, 2008
Trying to Understand wrote:
Yes the parents are also the murderous creeps. They should have enough common sense to not purchase alcohol and drugs for the 15 year old babysitter who was going to be watching their children. The babysitter and the parents should be held just as responsible as Jose but they figured it would be easier to put all of the blame on him. Who was the one that ran the day after everything happened.... howcome none of this came out in court? People were paid off in order to keep the parents and babysitter out of the light.
There was no court... The 15 year old babysitter ran and her and the McKinneys have put the whole rap on Jose... It is a sad situation all around... but the parents are as responsible for the death of there child as anyone...
Trying to Understand

Houston, TX

#14 Aug 20, 2008
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no court... The 15 year old babysitter ran and her and the McKinneys have put the whole rap on Jose... It is a sad situation all around... but the parents are as responsible for the death of there child as anyone...
Yes I understand that there was no court but there should have been to show just how low the parents and babysitter were... they were nothing but party people who cared nothing about their kids, they just wanted to find their next drunk or high and they were teaching the 15 year old babysitter the same thing. They wanted all fingers to point at Jose and act like their hands were clean when in all actuality they are not!
Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Aug 20, 2008
I agree!!!!
Spackle

Glen Rose, TX

#16 Aug 20, 2008
Just Me, you make a lot of accusations. Provide your sources. This is an anonymous forum. Who paid off whom and why would they do so? Where did the money come from? Do you know what promises were made to Garcia? Why would any defendant be stupid enough to believe that he should get probation for brutally killing an innocent child?

Garcia had his chance to go to court and bring out every detail of the day this occurred and chose not to do so. In addition, he waived his right to appeal the court's decisions.
CONCERNED MOTHER

Houston, TX

#17 Aug 20, 2008
New resident wrote:
What, he took the plea because he didn't want to wait 5 months for a new court date? Anyone who kills a child, particularly if they even admit to it, should get the book thrown at them and the key tossed down the sink. Thank God a murderer is off the streets. Even if he was boozed or doped, if you can't control yourself on those substances you should not be using around other people. A man in NY hit and killed a pregnant pedestrian yesterday, he had 20 suspensions on his license. Why does it take a death before these dangerous people are removed from society?
Very well put! The fact of the matter is that Jose Garcia's shoe prints were found all over that baby's body. I wish that everyone could see the autopsy results, and see what kind of damage was done to that beautiful little girl. I know that 30 years is not enough time to spend for the death of an innocent child, but I firmly believe that he will get what is coming to him on his judgement day! If the parents supplied alcohol and drugs shame, shame, shame on them.
Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Aug 20, 2008
oh shame shame shame is that all! they helped kill there baby girl.... shame shame shame.... you do not pay your babysitters with dope and alcohol.... they will never get to see there baby grow because of decisions they made!!!!!!!!!!
taegens nonna

Temecula, CA

#19 Aug 20, 2008
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
See it makes no sence 5 months is nothing... Jose was made empty promises by the judge and attorney... and lets not forget the babysitters were booze and drugged by the PARENTS!!!!!
I will tell you one thing you know nothing about the death of my grandbaby or my daughter! You do not know the things that my family has had to endure beacause of people like you that think they know everything!
Where were you:
When I held my daughter dried her tears tried to console her because her baby had been brutally murdered?
When my grandson told me his sister was in heaven and he wanted her back?
When we laid our princess to rest?
My daughter is a hell of a woman and a fantastic mom! Dont blame her for the ignorance that you have about the death of her child!!!
Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Aug 20, 2008
Spackle wrote:
Just Me, you make a lot of accusations. Provide your sources. This is an anonymous forum. Who paid off whom and why would they do so? Where did the money come from? Do you know what promises were made to Garcia? Why would any defendant be stupid enough to believe that he should get probation for brutally killing an innocent child?
Garcia had his chance to go to court and bring out every detail of the day this occurred and chose not to do so. In addition, he waived his right to appeal the court's decisions.
He had a chance with lousy representation.... that is no chance... Mckinneys hands are bloody also... you don't leave your children in care of young kids that you by alcohol and booze for... in most head injuries it can take up to 48 hours to set in, this little girl probably had injuries before she was brought to the filthy pig home of the baby sitter... I worked at the Jr High when this young girl was there and she is bad news... and I don't form oppinions unless I know FACTS... I know both the Garcias and Mckinneys and the 15 year old and her mother... oh guess what he mothers name is?... Highway WHORE... now isn't that something to be proud of.... the Mckineys leave there children with the daughter of a bar fly!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jose Garcia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jurors watch police interrogation video in Roun... May '14 Friend 1
People of Illinois happy to see Blagojevich go (Jan '09) Jan '09 Ed O PLANET OF TH... 3
Execution appeal again is focusing on inmate's IQ (Sep '07) Sep '07 American 1
Jose Garcia-Leon (Feb '07) Feb '07 Darlene 1

Jose Garcia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE