Richie Sambora Bows Out of Bon Jovi O...

Richie Sambora Bows Out of Bon Jovi Overseas Tour Dates

There are 74 comments on the Hollywood Reporter story from May 4, 2013, titled Richie Sambora Bows Out of Bon Jovi Overseas Tour Dates. In it, Hollywood Reporter reports that:

Still dealing with a "private matter," the guitarist won't join the band for the European and South African legs of the Because We Can tour, but may return this summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hollywood Reporter.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#62 May 9, 2013
Who cares? Just another musically illiterate rocker! Let me know when a rocker or a (c)rapper actually contributes something to western civilization!
Agoura Fire Department

Fort Collins, CO

#63 May 9, 2013
X must just love it, but scale sucks.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#64 May 10, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Who cares? Just another musically illiterate rocker! Let me know when a rocker or a (c)rapper actually contributes something to western civilization!
You must care you are here bitching about it!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#65 May 10, 2013
Agoura Fire Department wrote:
I wished I knew only half of what you think you know.

Since: Jan 09

New Jersey

#66 May 10, 2013
that is why it is good he isn't getting scale.
Agoura Fire Department

Aurora, CO

#67 May 10, 2013
Tico's cut in nightly merchandise sales is more than X gets all week. Richie is in the old Nelson '66 compound adding numbers. I'm sure Alec would chime in but the buy-out had the muzzle.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#69 May 10, 2013
mgemay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes..on The Circle tour..both years..Richie had a solo before Jon appeared on the circle ramp...right up until the March 2011 in Vancouver which was the last show on the US/Winter leg. He then missed the shows on the May 2011 US/Canada leg because he was in rehab.
Since he returned for the EU/UK leg in June 2011, he has not had a regular solo in the concert. IIRC, he did play one solo at the show after Jon hurt his knee in June 2011, but I think that might have been the last until the Lubbock TX show in March 2013...the last time he appeared on stage with the band.
I'd have to look at setlists to confirm though
Thanks Mgemay.

No need to look up the setlists. What you said is correct.
Horsed

United States

#70 May 10, 2013
Hey Jon, give RS the extra 15 points, get him onstage.
Luanne

Magherafelt, UK

#71 May 15, 2013
http://bonjovi-news.tumblr.com/post/505039263...
Jon comments on Richie. Not revealing anything new.
lisa

Brockton, MA

#72 May 15, 2013
Tico's cut in nightly merchandise sales is more than X gets all week. Richie is in the old Nelson '66 compound adding numbers. I'm sure Alec would chime in but the buy-out had the muzzle.
Richie does not have the old Nelson, his neighbor Tony does.
lisa

Brockton, MA

#73 May 15, 2013
Sorry.

...old Nelson house....
lisa

Brockton, MA

#74 May 15, 2013
Luanne wrote:
http://bonjovi-news.tumblr.com /post/50503926306/pete-we-know -richie-isnt-playing-the-europ ean
Jon comments on Richie. Not revealing anything new.
I'm willing to believe Jon answered as honestly as he could, but to me he just sounds like he's tired of covering for Richie.

“Hello Handsome!”

Since: May 08

Sambora Sanctuary

#75 May 15, 2013
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm willing to believe Jon answered as honestly as he could, but to me he just sounds like he's tired of covering for Richie.
He is tired of it but reporters are going to keep asking. Jon is protecting Richie's privacy which any employer is required to do...especially if it is medical and addiction issues are medical. If Jon reveals anything then Richie could sue his ass off. Jon is CEO smart enough to know this. He will NOT say anything until Richie gives him permission to. He keeps saying Richie has to talk and I am pretty tired myself of everyone asking him to say when is Richie coming back or why isn't he here. Jon cannot say. It is just the way it is. For whatever reason Richie wants it private.

Folks, if he relapsed again and I sure hope he didn't, he just may be too ashamed to admit it publicly and that is why they are keeping it quiet.

At some point in an alcoholics life, shame comes into the picture. He could have been doing great but then relapsed and is very ashamed and embarrassed. He shared past issues but maybe now doesn't want to.
Anna4Sambora

New York, NY

#76 Jul 29, 2013
I really hope he does return though! The sound is just isn't right! Safe to say that the music is just isnt the same without Richie's voice and talented guitaring!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jon Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Bon Jovi Stiffed M'Town on O.T. 21 hr Robin from Dallas 1
News Is Jon Bon Jovi playing Stanley Park this summe... Jun 25 winner 19
News Bon Jovi's son 'given booze, cigars and a prost... Jun 7 Joe 20
News Bon Jovi news: Eddie Money fed Bon Jovi cold cu... May '15 Jons side 2
News Jon Bon Jovi Will Ponder Alternate Life in New ... May '15 Daisy 10
Is Jon Bon Jovi bisexual? (Aug '07) Mar '15 Anonymous 76
News Bon Jovi to urge people at concerts to voluntee... (Mar '10) Mar '15 swedenforever 286
More from around the web