Richie Sambora Bows Out of Bon Jovi O...

Richie Sambora Bows Out of Bon Jovi Overseas Tour Dates

There are 74 comments on the Hollywood Reporter story from May 4, 2013, titled Richie Sambora Bows Out of Bon Jovi Overseas Tour Dates. In it, Hollywood Reporter reports that:

Still dealing with a "private matter," the guitarist won't join the band for the European and South African legs of the Because We Can tour, but may return this summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hollywood Reporter.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Kate

Argyle, TX

#1 May 4, 2013
Don't be fooled. In "Jonny speak". Once you are in, you are in. So, unless Richie says otherwise, he's "in". He's just not here, there or anywhere and not touring.

Don't buy tix if you expect to enjoy Richie, he will probably not be there. Shame on him for not fessing up and putting Jonny in a difficult situation.

Since: Feb 07

Cobourg, Canada

#2 May 5, 2013
Wise words Kate. As far as Matt's tweet...

“I feel Richie will be back this summer at some point,” wrote Bongiovi.

...according to my calendar summer ends on September 21. Rock in Rio is scheduled for September 20.

Richie could also miss the July US dates and return in September and Matt couldn't be accused of telling lies as some like to suggest he does.
peopledontknow

Llandudno, UK

#3 May 5, 2013
it's very easy to tell who wasn't around through the Alec John Such years. You've a lot to learn.
sarah

Koper, Slovenia

#4 May 5, 2013
This is just shit for the band and the fans. It's not a good year for Jon...
thats it

Germany

#5 May 5, 2013
Richie never will come back for sure-Richie is not longer active member

Cobourg, Canada

#6 May 5, 2013
peopledontknow wrote:
it's very easy to tell who wasn't around through the Alec John Such years. You've a lot to learn.
I definitely was around during those years and it was SO much different then without the social media we now have.

As a fan club member I use to phone an 800 number to listen to news updates hoping to get some word about what was happening. Every three months, we received our fanzine from BSWJBJ..again hoping for some word about what was happening.

Our main source of news was magazines, but I could never afford to buy them all, so spent lots of hours in the book shops and libraries, looking through and reading for bits and pieces about the band. Kerrang was the best one usually for news.

Then hope soared that all was OK when Alec appeared in the Always video shot in Niagara Falls, NY. Not long after that, we found out what the future would was going to be for Bon Jovi the band.

I'm always curious to hear what it was like for others during the early years. How did you get your news back then peopledontknow?
Kate

Argyle, TX

#7 May 5, 2013
Pony express :-).

Cobourg, Canada

#8 May 5, 2013
Kate wrote:
Pony express :-).
lol it sure did seem like it lots of times.:-)
Caslad78

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#9 May 5, 2013
I consider that however many conspiricys theory's, who said what and maybe a bit of hope that he will be back. It's the here & now that has to be dealt with.

Richie for some reason is not performing & the show must go on as they say. Whatever it is it will probably be never ever be publicised as "the syndicate" is as tight as a ducks arse!

Adversity is a fact of life, it can’t be controlled. It's how we react to it & I think that the well oiled machine that is Bon Jovi is primed to handle such testing times.
Sue

Dearborn Heights, MI

#10 May 5, 2013
My local news reported over a month ago that Richie wouldn't be at the Ford Field show that's scheduled for July in Detroit. It seemed premature at the time but now I'm wondering if he really did drop out of the entire WAN tour and they just haven't announced it yet because they don't want to hurt ticket sales.

Right now I think it's safe to assume Richie won't be at any more of the WAN tour dates.
sarah

Idrija, Slovenia

#12 May 6, 2013
I agree with you...this is not a last minute news...I understand Jon hates rumors and is a very private person,but this is bad and shows no respect for the fans. So we can just think that Richie is again ill, or they are in bad relationships,or it is about money...whatever,I don't care,I'd just like to know if he will be ever back.. and that's all.I thought Jon and Richie,both of them,were more sensitive and respectful. Sorry to say that...
Jane

Hagersville, Canada

#13 May 6, 2013
Kate wrote:
Don't be fooled. In "Jonny speak". Once you are in, you are in. So, unless Richie says otherwise, he's "in". He's just not here, there or anywhere and not touring.
Don't buy tix if you expect to enjoy Richie, he will probably not be there. Shame on him for not fessing up and putting Jonny in a difficult situation.
I totally agree - this band has seen it's day.
Agoura Boozin

United States

#14 May 7, 2013
Jon is jamming the fans for ticket sales. Richie is done. The 50 for Jon, 20 for management and split the rest ate Richie up, he had enough. If he were drunk off his A$$, the press would have had it already. Jon could dump Tico and nobody would care, it is a Jon show now.

Since: Jan 09

New Jersey

#15 May 7, 2013
Agoura Boozin wrote:
Jon is jamming the fans for ticket sales. Richie is done. The 50 for Jon, 20 for management and split the rest ate Richie up, he had enough. If he were drunk off his A$$, the press would have had it already. Jon could dump Tico and nobody would care, it is a Jon show now.
If that is true then he should never had started the tour but he did so follow thru with your commitments.
ksluvbj

Toronto, Canada

#16 May 7, 2013
Agoura Boozin wrote:
After 30 years Richie is now complaining about $$... I don't think so.!!! I'm sure the entire band is very WELL TAKEN CARE OF !!!!
Agoura Boozin

Broomfield, CO

#17 May 7, 2013
Jon writes the checks,sets the percentages, this wasn't the case in the early days. I give Jon credit, when he smells the stench corrupting the machine he cuts quick, Doc & Alec are prime examples. My way or the highway, it is Jon's band. You could dump whatever is onstage now and get A-call L.A. session guys behing him and it is 15,000 a night no problem....close your eyes and it is the same sound as Bon Jovi May 2013. Richie was the second gun in the sound. David & Tico get percentage, the rest of the band get scale and no merchandising. The percentages change, ask Richie. Great cover-up by Jon if Richie indeed hit the life shaking substances but Hawaii with the daughter proved otherwise. Richie told him to go eat it.
Ksluvbj

Vancouver, Canada

#18 May 7, 2013
Agoura Boozin wrote:
Jon writes the checks,sets the percentages, this wasn't the case in the early days. I give Jon credit, when he smells the stench corrupting the machine he cuts quick, Doc & Alec are prime examples. My way or the highway, it is Jon's band. You could dump whatever is onstage now and get A-call L.A. session guys behing him and it is 15,000 a night no problem....close your eyes and it is the same sound as Bon Jovi May 2013. Richie was the second gun in the sound. David & Tico get percentage, the rest of the band get scale and no merchandising. The percentages change, ask Richie. Great cover-up by Jon if Richie indeed hit the life shaking substances but Hawaii with the daughter proved otherwise. Richie told him to go eat it.
U r way OFF.... But thanks for the laugh!!!!!
kris

Warwick, NY

#19 May 7, 2013
Why does it have to be about money? maybe its about the fact that jon wrote most of the songs on the new cd with someone else and maybe richie thinks they are crap and doesnt want to perform them anymore. they use to be team maybe richie feels like his input is being ignored.
Agoura Boozin

Aurora, CO

#20 May 7, 2013
Have you listened to Richie's solo CD's, they suck unless you like Eric Clapton old tires on a younger car. You get hook & riff Jon stuff and you can expect radio friendly material....Richie's 1976 Clapton jam time retreads don't work. Hey Vancouver...it is the money, Heather wouldn't allow a trashed father with her daughter in Hawaii. Richie wouldn't sink a tour because of songs. Jon ain't backing off the 50%, not a chance, the sell-outs or near sell-outs are wiping Richie "day vill need me" lines into AEG garbage cans.

Since: Jan 09

New Jersey

#21 May 7, 2013
Agoura Boozin wrote:
Have you listened to Richie's solo CD's, they suck unless you like Eric Clapton old tires on a younger car. You get hook & riff Jon stuff and you can expect radio friendly material....Richie's 1976 Clapton jam time retreads don't work. Hey Vancouver...it is the money, Heather wouldn't allow a trashed father with her daughter in Hawaii. Richie wouldn't sink a tour because of songs. Jon ain't backing off the 50%, not a chance, the sell-outs or near sell-outs are wiping Richie "day vill need me" lines into AEG garbage cans.
Boozin stop boozing. Richie is not sinking a tour, if it is over money which I don't think it is he is an ass and never should have agreed to the tour.

And if it is that he doesn't like the new songs once again don't put your name on an album as co producer and agree to a tour to turn around and leave it because you don't like the songs.

Richie is a total AZZ if either one of those was a reason.

So boozin are you going to rehab with Richie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jon Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama Heads West for Campaign Fundraisers (Jun '12) Jun 7 Go Blue Forever 14
News Watch: Hillary Clinton speaks in Newark Jun 2 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 9
News Celebrate Bon Jovi's birthday with an awesome h... Apr '16 AFG 8
News Report: Bon Jovi Stiffed M'Town on O.T. (Jul '15) Jan '16 RustyS 8
News The battle of Bon Jovi: Beginning of the end? (Jul '13) Jan '16 Mike Delude 12
News Jon Bon Jovi talks about Richie Sambora's depar... (Apr '13) Dec '15 Rockgal 66
News From Homeland to hair: Clinton emails peek into... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Lawrence Wolf 4
More from around the web