Bon Jovi's daughter arrested on drug ...

Bon Jovi's daughter arrested on drug charges at Hamilton College after alleged heroin overdose

There are 108 comments on the The Post-Standard story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Bon Jovi's daughter arrested on drug charges at Hamilton College after alleged heroin overdose. In it, The Post-Standard reports that:

Stephanie Rose Bongiovi, the 19-year-old daughter of Jon Bon Jovi, was arrested at Hamilton College early Wednesday morning after allegedly overdosing on heroin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post-Standard.

ME LUV BONJOVI

United States

#26 Nov 15, 2012
Your so right!
Drug Addiction is an Equal Opportunity Affliction and a lot of us have seen it first hand in our inner circle or family member.

I don't believe being JBJ'S Daughter contributed to this incident ••• Colleges always
Has an ample amount of drugs available and H (heroin) is a cheap long lasting high so we have the Economy to Blame for
This hard core drug being available on college campuses

My heart goes out to JBJ & Family
Hmmm

Springfield, MA

#27 Nov 15, 2012
Heroin use is not typical college behavior. Getting wasted on beer might be, but you have to be INCREDIBLY stupid to resort to heroin at age 19.

It's not like the drug sneaked up on her. The kid made a CHOICE.

My opinion of Hamilton College and its standards has hit a new low, not that the college gives a rap.
yep

Utica, NY

#28 Nov 15, 2012
ME LUV BONJOVI wrote:
Mr & Mrs BJ have raised their children to work hard in life and to be polite and humble ••• Jon has praised his kids in a few interviews and always credits his wife Mrs B for how his children are.

I also don't think SB is a drug addict! Many kids experiment in college and H is a long lasting high that's cheap... Colleges always have drugs easily accessible and a lot of kids in college are on a budget so H is a good high for a little bit of money.
IMHO THIS IS TYPICAL COLLEGE BEHAVIOR... like I said college is a time for experimenting and growth getting to know ourselves and trying new things. It's the first time a lot of kids are not under their patents roof and many kids go a little wild especially if they are from a strict family.( Im not implying anything about the BJ Family being strict ) I hope that Jon doesn't get too upset and that he's not worrying about his reputation! His Daughter needs support and a lot of love right now!
Her record will be expunged if she goes to a rehab and I'm sure her parents have this all under control.

My heart goes out to SB & her family!!

H is a hard drug to get off of and some die when they stop cold turkey. Such a hard core drug to be floating around college campus's we can Thank the economy for this!!
This is NOT typical college behavior by any means!!! Drinking and pot yes, heroin I serious. You're crazy to think its common for someone trying to better themselves with higher education would waste their time and money... You can shoot up at home!

Since: Jun 12

Sheffield, UK

#29 Nov 15, 2012
ME LUV BONJOVI wrote:
Mr & Mrs BJ have raised their children to work hard in life and to be polite and humble ••• Jon has praised his kids in a few interviews and always credits his wife Mrs B for how his children are.

I also don't think SB is a drug addict! Many kids experiment in college and H is a long lasting high that's cheap... Colleges always have drugs easily accessible and a lot of kids in college are on a budget so H is a good high for a little bit of money.
IMHO THIS IS TYPICAL COLLEGE BEHAVIOR... like I said college is a time for experimenting and growth getting to know ourselves and trying new things. It's the first time a lot of kids are not under their patents roof and many kids go a little wild especially if they are from a strict family.( Im not implying anything about the BJ Family being strict ) I hope that Jon doesn't get too upset and that he's not worrying about his reputation! His Daughter needs support and a lot of love right now!
Her record will be expunged if she goes to a rehab and I'm sure her parents have this all under control.

My heart goes out to SB & her family!!

H is a hard drug to get off of and some die when they stop cold turkey. Such a hard core drug to be floating around college campus's we can Thank the economy for this!!
Trying heroin is not typical college behaviour you can drink or smoke something but you don't start on heroin, sorry cant agree with you
As a Student

New York, NY

#30 Nov 15, 2012
I feel sorry for her but at least something good will come out of it - maybe Hamilton will have to admit we have a drug and drinking problem on campus and take real steps to curb it. Steps that might save lives in the future.

She's not the first and wont be the last - but will be the only one we hear about.
unfortunately

United States

#31 Nov 16, 2012
Believe it or not

You can get any drug you want on any college campus don't kid yourselves 

HLN had a special on tonight about the increased usage of Heroin  a 300% rise in users has been documented 
Experts claim that kids start with an addiction to oxycontin but $30.-$40 a pill gets to be too expensive. Oxycontin is the same high as Heroin 

We don't know TBE whole story and we never will but there's a lot of functioning addicts 

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#32 Nov 16, 2012
KY WELLER wrote:
I need topix rehab.
I tried it. It doesn't work.
Common Cents

Rochester, NY

#33 Nov 16, 2012
got it from a puertorican wrote:
i bet they got it from a dirty puerto rican, either here or jersey
Police told the TV station they found a small quantity of heroin at the scene and arrested 21-year-old Ian S. Grant, of Red Bank, New Jersey. He was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and will appear in the Town of Kirkland Court at a later date.
Common Cents

Rochester, NY

#34 Nov 16, 2012
As a Student wrote:
I feel sorry for her but at least something good will come out of it - maybe Hamilton will have to admit we have a drug and drinking problem on campus and take real steps to curb it. Steps that might save lives in the future.
She's not the first and wont be the last - but will be the only one we hear about.
EVERY SINGLE College/University has drug or drinking problems both on and off campus (except some of those super strict Xian places).
You dont think officials at Hamilton are aware of student underaged drinking or drug use? Dont be naive.
When they do something about it, you'll piss & moan that they are ruining kids chances to grow and explore. If they dont do anything about it you bitch that they aren't doing enough to protect students.
Training officer

New York, NY

#35 Nov 16, 2012
I guess Kirkland PD's training Officer missed the training bulletin on the the Penal Law changes for the State of NY.
+++ N.Y. Penal Law 220.78 Effective September 18, 2011
Hmmm

Palisades, NY

#36 Nov 16, 2012
Drugs were available when I was in college. That doesn't mean we considered taking them a rite of passage. They were a stupid choice then, too.

Celebrity kid or not, I hope Hamilton does something more than shrug it off.
a loser

Scranton, PA

#37 Nov 16, 2012
I hope she dies next time one useless piece of crap. I bet her daddy is donating hard drugs to this area. I hope she dies.
OMG

Geneva, NY

#38 Nov 16, 2012
Like said..anyone who gets in the same situation can now utilize that so called "amended law" to not get prosecuted.

Lawyers will have a field day using this over and over for druggy clients.
mkjovigirl canaries

Las Palmas, Spain

#39 Nov 16, 2012
I'm really shocked by the news, getting into heroin means she's been playing with drugs for a long time, I feel very sad for the whole family and i hope jon and dot could get rid of this terrible situation and be supporting stephanie a lot and give her all their love and support !!!!
jovisurf

Miami, FL

#40 Nov 16, 2012
a loser wrote:
I hope she dies next time one useless piece of crap. I bet her daddy is donating hard drugs to this area. I hope she dies.
What a horrible and despicable thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself. Her dad has done so much for the community and helping others his entire life.

You need some help to make a statement like that.
lisa

Brockton, MA

#41 Nov 16, 2012
a loser wrote:
You forgot to put "I'm a" before what you typed for a screen name.

I get that you are a pathetic person with an even more pathetic existence who is just looking for attention, but that statement is beyond cruel. Seriously, what malfunction is going on in your head that compelled you to write that?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#42 Nov 16, 2012
How do you Overdose on Utica Heroin? it's about as pure as a South St Hooker. I haven't had a good bag of dope since Bananas were 19 cents a pound!
jbjfan

Manchester, CT

#43 Nov 16, 2012
loser wrote:

The screen name says it all. How sad a life you must have to wish that about someone. Please get the help that YOU need.
natyb

Toulouse, France

#44 Nov 16, 2012
jovisurf wrote:
<quoted text>What a horrible and despicable thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself. Her dad has done so much for the community and helping others his entire life.
You need some help to make a statement like that.
yes indeed, what a horrible thing to say ! and not only because she is Jon's daughter, but it's so awful to wish someone's death especially when the person hasn't comitted any crime .... at worst, I could wish death to some criminal, someone who had committed awful crimes against humanity or killed a child for instance ... I do hope that person here who wished Stephanie's death was joking (even if that kind of joke does not make me smile at all). does she realize the horrible minutes Stephanie's family has probably gone through when they learned she was found inconscient ??? Can she imagine the unerasable pain a parent can feel with the loss of one child ? I have three children and I cannot imagine recovering if I would lose one of them ... I am fearing every day that something happens to them and the older they get, the more I worry !
Of course there are many parents experiencing the same situation as Jon and Dorothea right now and I feel sorry and sad for all of them. We are maybe more affected when it happens to someone we follow and admire the career and philantropic actions.
funny as fk

Utica, NY

#45 Nov 16, 2012
if i was dropping 50 grand a year on college i would do drugs too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jon Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Bon Jovi Stiffed M'Town on O.T. 2 hr Robin from Dallas 1
News Is Jon Bon Jovi playing Stanley Park this summe... Jun 25 winner 19
News Bon Jovi's son 'given booze, cigars and a prost... Jun 7 Joe 20
News Bon Jovi news: Eddie Money fed Bon Jovi cold cu... May '15 Jons side 2
News Jon Bon Jovi Will Ponder Alternate Life in New ... May '15 Daisy 10
Is Jon Bon Jovi bisexual? (Aug '07) Mar '15 Anonymous 76
News Bon Jovi to urge people at concerts to voluntee... (Mar '10) Mar '15 swedenforever 286
More from around the web