Dyess mayor wants town to spruce up f...

Dyess mayor wants town to spruce up for Cash pilgrims

There are 753 comments on the WPTY story from May 15, 2006, titled Dyess mayor wants town to spruce up for Cash pilgrims. In it, WPTY reports that:

Dyess mayor wants town to spruce up for Cash pilgrims Posted: 5/15/2006 11:23:33 AM The mayor of the rural Arkansas town of Dyess, where country performer Johnny Cash grew up, wants the town to provide more to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTY.

First Prev
of 38
Next Last
well

Marked Tree, AR

#778 May 17, 2010
nice wrote:
AJ is a very intelligent man that although does well for himself, is not going to spend $5,000 for an "attorney" to try to dog this issue further. The only real honestly here is when the Cash Committee started asking for reciepts and accountability, they got fired by a few city employees that happen to have husbands or relatives on the Dyess Town Council. Anything they do stinks and noone in the Cash Family or with any good reputation will try to help them after making all of that money disapear without a trace. Frankly, I am very sorry to see this happen! Dyess was once a very nice town with tons of great, hard working people in it. Today, it's just plain ol' crap!!
you are so so right. It makes me sick yhe way things have turned out.I hope it all comes back and bites them in the a##.they have detroyed all hopes for dyess. they try to blame it on all those hard working and decent people,but we know the truth of the matter.but when they start bashing all these good people it makes me really mad.
pocket liners

Marked Tree, AR

#779 May 17, 2010
from what i hear the committee disbanded themselves but i bet if they show up the council would be more than willing to work with them to build dyess days back up. I have heard 4 of them say they would work with any of the members of the committee as long as it was understood that the council would have final say, they are the ones after all whose "asses are on the line" according to all those who want to sue them. This will however, not happen because PRIDE will not let any of the people involved in this mishap let go and start over. And im talking about from BOTH sides, the council or the committee.
well

Marked Tree, AR

#780 May 17, 2010
pocket liners wrote:
from what i hear the committee disbanded themselves but i bet if they show up the council would be more than willing to work with them to build dyess days back up. I have heard 4 of them say they would work with any of the members of the committee as long as it was understood that the council would have final say, they are the ones after all whose "asses are on the line" according to all those who want to sue them. This will however, not happen because PRIDE will not let any of the people involved in this mishap let go and start over. And im talking about from BOTH sides, the council or the committee.
ya right they aint gonna work with a bunch of idiots hehehe!!!!!!!! cant blame them,the council is all a damn joke. a bunch of LOSERS!!!!!!!!
too funny

Marked Tree, AR

#781 May 18, 2010
pocket liners wrote:
you pathetic liers!!! none of them would even consider coming back after what you have done.i am family and we know what happened. i could just see jimmy and billy or any of them even consider talking to any of you. lets talk about pride, they will never stoop to your level.they are so ashamed of what you dyess people have caused. so do not hold your breath on any coming back,we will see who has the last laugh in all this.all of you are a disgrace to some of the GOOD CITIZENS of dyess.
too funny

Marked Tree, AR

#782 May 18, 2010
pocket liners wrote:
oh and by the way your title suits you.
Another waste

Loma Linda, CA

#783 May 18, 2010
I spent hours, dollars, and a huge amount of time helping Dyess climb back up and I lost BIG! I spent time and money when I really didn't have much of either to help, because I BELEIVED in their mission! I even recruited Johnny Cash's son, John Carter Cash to help out and he even did a free concert with his friends and family to help Dyess raise money! Bam, no one knew where the money went again and the committee was disassembled over night! Lots of hard work down the drain! Now they get to have a Gene Williams Memorial Building! Lots of luck maintaining interest in that over the years folks. I hope Dyess sees better days ahead, I really do! Robbie
pocket liner

Marked Tree, AR

#784 May 18, 2010
see what i mean PRIDE......it gets in the way of everything
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>you pathetic liers!!! none of them would even consider coming back after what you have done.i am family and we know what happened. i could just see jimmy and billy or any of them even consider talking to any of you. lets talk about pride, they will never stoop to your level.they are so ashamed of what you dyess people have caused. so do not hold your breath on any coming back,we will see who has the last laugh in all this.all of you are a disgrace to some of the GOOD CITIZENS of dyess.
too funny

Marked Tree, AR

#785 May 19, 2010
pocket liner wrote:
see what i mean PRIDE......it gets in the way of everything
<quoted text>
i told you ,your name fits you well. you are so pathetic.
Still

Los Angeles, CA

#786 Sep 14, 2010
Just typing here to continually perpetuate the cycle of this fact driven assault on the ass backwards "leadership" of Dyess! The Cash project may have amounted to something instead of the self promotion of a entertainer in Branson that most people have never heard of. He would show up in a rented limo and blow his own horn , all to no avail. Johnny Cash was the real hero of Dyess! Now, all we have are his memories from a few old timers who claim to have known him and an old building that will always lay in ruin, thanks self promotion and forgetting the true success and rags to riches story of John R. Cash and his family!
ASU part in Dyess

United States

#787 Sep 19, 2010
Will they ever

Santa Ana, CA

#788 Dec 23, 2010
Still...Dyess is a crack infested welfare town!
well

Marked Tree, AR

#789 Dec 27, 2010
I'm from dyess and I'm not a crackhead and never been on welfare so evidently you must be getting the good people of dyess mixed up with the bad ones.
Hope

Perris, CA

#790 Sep 5, 2011
well wrote:
I'm from dyess and I'm not a crackhead and never been on welfare so evidently you must be getting the good people of dyess mixed up with the bad ones.
I drove through there to visit some friends about a month ago and not much has changed outside of the "Gene Williams Colony Circle." But there is some hope in seeing that the ASU is taking over! No more, "ooops, can't find the money or ticket stubs from this concert and that donation and, and...Would love to see this finally come around! There are some really great people in Dyess and a lot more drugs and welfare than ever!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 38
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnny Cash Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Flamboyant, eccentric Willard Blevins dies (Jul '14) Sep '16 ihatemorganton 42
News Concert Review | Hank Williams Jr.: Hat changes... (Oct '10) Jul '16 cook21 2
News Human Race (Apr '16) Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News On This Day: Johnny Cash Plays at Folsom Prison (Jan '09) Jan '16 Ryan Riders 23
News Johnny Cash, June Carter Cash's Life Together D... (Jul '15) Jul '15 BIG bad John 1
News Flashback: See Linda Ronstadt's Heartbreaking D... (Jul '15) Jul '15 orangeman7754 1
News The Simpsons: From Michael Jackson to Johnny Ca... (May '15) May '15 Together Great 2
More from around the web