Doomsday believers not planning past ...

Doomsday believers not planning past Saturday

There are 159 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 16, 2011, titled Doomsday believers not planning past Saturday. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The unexpected and potentially rotten news that the world will end on Saturday rolled into the District of Columbia last week, plastered on a caravan of five recreational vehicles that parked near the Washington Monument.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#149 May 21, 2011
Margin of Error wrote:
The world ended quite some time ago.
You are all just a figment of my ethereal imagination.
I was pretty sure you were dreaming of me, Marge.
Margin of Error

Saint Paul, MN

#150 May 21, 2011
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I was pretty sure you were dreaming of me, Marge.
I am for sure an equal opportunity dreamer.

Unfortunately that is where the nightmares begin..........

Minnesota's North Coast

#151 May 21, 2011
Margin of Error wrote:
<quoted text>
I am for sure an equal opportunity dreamer.
Unfortunately that is where the nightmares begin..........
Yeah, you did get spanked pretty hard on those gay marriage threads. the bad dreams will stop when you see the truth.
Margin of Error

Saint Paul, MN

#152 May 21, 2011
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you did get spanked pretty hard on those gay marriage threads. the bad dreams will stop when you see the truth.
I guess the truth will be in the tally.

31 for 31 so far.

I don't think I'll call a bookmaker to go for the long odds.

Minnesota's North Coast

#153 May 21, 2011
Margin of Error wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the truth will be in the tally.
31 for 31 so far.
I don't think I'll call a bookmaker to go for the long odds.
Yet there are still legal, same-sex marriages in the US in many states and more will follow. The obvious trend is toward it being the law of the land, which it will be.
Tree Hugger

Minneapolis, MN

#154 May 21, 2011
Thank the lord, we are all still here....Ok, the sun is out now, going out to play now.
Pablo

Line Lexington, PA

#155 May 21, 2011
As Ron White says,"You can"t fix stupid."

Since: Feb 11

AOL

#156 May 21, 2011
Now is that eastern time zone or central time zone...
NUTSTOU

Minneapolis, MN

#157 May 22, 2011
MN Patriot wrote:
Now is that eastern time zone or central time zone...
Rev. Camp says it will be a rolling Rapture,correlated with the time zones. Maybe he has been rolling to many joints!
tom

Owatonna, MN

#158 May 22, 2011
What were still here?????? LOL!!! Religion and ALL people who believe in religion are FREAKs and total morons.
exed

Bloomer, WI

#159 May 22, 2011
Am I still here, or did the world end?
space ace

Saint Paul, MN

#160 May 22, 2011
I'm going to take my family harold camping!!!!!That's when you get the tents ready,sleeping bags,repellent..........and the trip never happens.
SPAM

Saint Paul, MN

#161 May 22, 2011
Crap. Now I guess I'll HAVE to pay the rent..
MKidd

Rosemount, MN

#162 May 23, 2011
End Times wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I have a permanent reservation on Saturday.
ET ;*:*;
So how did that work out for ya ET? Might want to seek some mental health counseling.

“REUNITE GONDWANALAND!”

Since: Jun 08

Woodbury

#163 May 23, 2011

“John 14:27”

Since: Nov 10

Nebraska awaiting Heaven

#164 May 23, 2011
MKidd wrote:
<quoted text>So how did that work out for ya ET? Might want to seek some mental health counseling.
I very much regret promoting an End Time date that proved inaccurate, and apologize for all that believed and suffered the consequences. I would prefer to spread an End Time message without a date.

These are just a few of the questions that speak for many of the supporters, and the reason the Latter Rain site is going down.

Ray Kicklighter and Latter Rain:

I have been receiving emails from individuals that, in general, are all asking the same kinds of questions (questions from individuals on both sides of the matter). They are certainly fair questions and so I've posted the most common ones here with my responses. Please understand that I'm feeling confused and not sure what to think, but I feel providing some kind of response to these questions is the appropriate thing to do.

"Will your ego allow you to admit you were wrong?"

There has never been any pride in any of this. I sincerely believed the rapture would take place on May 21. I presented this information on the Internet because of verses like Joel 2:1 which commands us to "sound the alarm" and Ezekiel 33:3 which says to "warn the people". I did this anonymously because this isn't about me. I didn't solicit donations or offer anything for sale because this isn't about money either. It was about declaring a warning out of love for my fellow man. When you see something horrible coming, if you care about someone you warn them. There was never a goal to gain money, fame, or notoriety out of this website. Obviously, those of us who felt the rapture would take place on May 21 were wrong. As a Bible student, when I discover that I've held a wrong conclusion, I must accept that fact if I want to continue to grow in truth because "God resisteth the proud" (1 Peter 5:5).

"So, how does it feel to be wrong?"

Really this question is asked because it is enjoyable for some to hear about another person's difficulties. However, I've put myself in this position so I'll do the fair thing and answer the question. The May 21 conclusion was the result of many, many layers of information all fitting together. This is why we were so convinced about it. Contrary to what the media has portrayed, this wasn't just a matter of crunching numbers. However, there is certainly an error somewhere in my understanding of Scripture and I'm concerned about the fact that I don't know where that is. So, I feel confused, but how I feel is ultimately irrelevant.

"Are you going to take your website down?"

I thought about just taking the down the studies on the timing of the end. However, after additional thought, I don't feel comfortable leaving the website up when I don't know exactly where the error is, or multiple errors if that is the case. I didn't put this website together with the intent to mislead anyone. A lot of time was spent studying this matter and I truly believed the rapture was going to take place on May 21. I don't want to continue to inadvertently present falsehoods, and since I don't know where those errors are right now I'm taking the entire website down.

http://www.the-latter-rain.com/

God Bless All; ET

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#165 May 24, 2011
End Times wrote:
<quoted text>
I very much regret promoting an End Time date that proved inaccurate, and apologize for all that believed and suffered the consequences. I would prefer to spread an End Time message without a date.
These are just a few of the questions that speak for many of the supporters, and the reason the Latter Rain site is going down.
Ray Kicklighter and Latter Rain:
I have been receiving emails from individuals that, in general, are all asking the same kinds of questions (questions from individuals on both sides of the matter). They are certainly fair questions and so I've posted the most common ones here with my responses. Please understand that I'm feeling confused and not sure what to think, but I feel providing some kind of response to these questions is the appropriate thing to do.
"Will your ego allow you to admit you were wrong?"
There has never been any pride in any of this. I sincerely believed the rapture would take place on May 21. I presented this information on the Internet because of verses like Joel 2:1 which commands us to "sound the alarm" and Ezekiel 33:3 which says to "warn the people". I did this anonymously because this isn't about me. I didn't solicit donations or offer anything for sale because this isn't about money either. It was about declaring a warning out of love for my fellow man. When you see something horrible coming, if you care about someone you warn them. There was never a goal to gain money, fame, or notoriety out of this website. Obviously, those of us who felt the rapture would take place on May 21 were wrong. As a Bible student, when I discover that I've held a wrong conclusion, I must accept that fact if I want to continue to grow in truth because "God resisteth the proud" (1 Peter 5:5).
"So, how does it feel to be wrong?"
Really this question is asked because it is enjoyable for some to hear about another person's difficulties. However, I've put myself in this position so I'll do the fair thing and answer the question. The May 21 conclusion was the result of many, many layers of information all fitting together. This is why we were so convinced about it. Contrary to what the media has portrayed, this wasn't just a matter of crunching numbers. However, there is certainly an error somewhere in my understanding of Scripture and I'm concerned about the fact that I don't know where that is. So, I feel confused, but how I feel is ultimately irrelevant.
"Are you going to take your website down?"
I thought about just taking the down the studies on the timing of the end. However, after additional thought, I don't feel comfortable leaving the website up when I don't know exactly where the error is, or multiple errors if that is the case. I didn't put this website together with the intent to mislead anyone. A lot of time was spent studying this matter and I truly believed the rapture was going to take place on May 21. I don't want to continue to inadvertently present falsehoods, and since I don't know where those errors are right now I'm taking the entire website down.
http://www.the-latter-rain.com/
God Bless All; ET
At least you are man enough to not run & hide. I give you kudos for that.
MKidd

Rosemount, MN

#166 May 24, 2011
God is a concept.
NUTSTOU

Minneapolis, MN

#167 May 25, 2011
In such an hour as you think not, the Son of Man cometh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnny Cash Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On This Day: Johnny Cash Plays at Folsom Prison (Jan '09) Jan 13 Ryan Riders 23
News Johnny Cash, June Carter Cash's Life Together D... (Jul '15) Jul '15 BIG bad John 1
News Flashback: See Linda Ronstadt's Heartbreaking D... (Jul '15) Jul '15 orangeman7754 1
News The Simpsons: From Michael Jackson to Johnny Ca... (May '15) May '15 Together Great 2
Rare album??? (Mar '15) Mar '15 JoshsDeals 1
News Photo Gallery: Kellye Cash SheppardPHOTO Galler... (Sep '14) Oct '14 ChopperBlades 3
News Slim Dusty's - Best Of' Hits Chart Milestone Do... (Sep '14) Sep '14 signs 1
More from around the web