Doomsday believers not planning past ...

Doomsday believers not planning past Saturday

There are 159 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 16, 2011, titled Doomsday believers not planning past Saturday. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The unexpected and potentially rotten news that the world will end on Saturday rolled into the District of Columbia last week, plastered on a caravan of five recreational vehicles that parked near the Washington Monument.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Get on with it

Perry, MI

#2 May 16, 2011
The World ends when it ends, get one with your life! Geez~
SCjams

Hartsville, SC

#3 May 16, 2011
Kudos to the guy who asked them to give the poor woman some money. That they gave her none shows the shallowness of their supposed 'conviction'.

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Since: Aug 09

Twin Cities

#4 May 16, 2011
SCjams wrote:
Kudos to the guy who asked them to give the poor woman some money. That they gave her none shows the shallowness of their supposed 'conviction'.
Not really - maybe they already spent/gave away everything they have. One things for sure - their gonna have a hell of a hangover on May 22
Michelle Hoffmann

United States

#6 May 16, 2011
Well... Camping is going to be disappointed... the planned alien invasion is scheduled for 4:45 PM... People will already be gone, harvested as a food source by the invaders!
punt this

Minneapolis, MN

#7 May 16, 2011
It goes to show that anybody will do or say anything crazy to get attention these days...and Camping is one of those NUTS.
Screwy Louie

United States

#8 May 16, 2011
Al Goes prediction for doomsday with the planet is under five yrs.....
wtf

Minneapolis, MN

#9 May 16, 2011
And then people wonder why religion isn't taken seriously. I'm sure these crazies have the black jogging suit and shoes just waiting by the bed for the big day.
Smartass

Saint Paul, MN

#10 May 16, 2011
I just closed my eyes and prayed and prayed. After about an hour I heard a voice ( I am home alone ) that said, " Fear NOT....After all each and every one of them paid their federal income taxes. Each of them have Plan B. But for you Smartass, I have plans for you. Stay tuned to this radio station. "
monroe

Minneapolis, MN

#11 May 16, 2011
Maybe these freaks will just drink the kool-aid the night before and thin out the herd.

“Government breeds Poverty”

Since: Jan 11

Woodbury

#12 May 16, 2011
Environmental wack nutz have predicted doomsday for the planet for 2000 plus yrs, most of them Hollywood elite types and Al Gore.
drunkoncouch

Minneapolis, MN

#13 May 16, 2011
I hope there is a camera on these people next Saturday at noon. I really want to see the look on their faces when nothing happens. There are many unanswered questions. Did they pack for extra days, save any money, sell their homes or terminate their leases, will they be homeless wandering the streets on Saturday night?
tony

Minneapolis, MN

#14 May 16, 2011
DREAMERS
Elizabeth

Minneapolis, MN

#15 May 16, 2011
bahahahahahahaha
L in Lakeville

Bloomington, IL

#17 May 16, 2011
MY Gosh, no one ever tells me anything...I have a Pampered Chef party to attend...really wanted to get my hubby a grilling basket for fathers day...he was going to make his famous slow cooked ribs! This stinks..I guess it will save me some money..the coming of the end of the world....
bluesguy

Atlanta, GA

#18 May 16, 2011
Well I am still practicing the four hymns that I plan on playing at church on May 22.

I think if Camping is wrong then stoning is an appropriate punishment. It is definitely biblical and it would stop other false prophets.
Food Stamp President

United States

#19 May 16, 2011
Fear mongering like global warming idiocy
looier

Minneapolis, MN

#20 May 16, 2011
The same people who think the world is "going to end," are buying gold "for hard times?"

PS: IF you are serious about the "demise" I can leave my email and will gladly come by and pick up your discarded items.

See ya in the next lie.( I mean life)
Duh Winning

Minneapolis, MN

#22 May 16, 2011
Maybe fundamentalists will hang themselves first and do the world a favor.

Since: Jul 08

Saint Paul, MN

#23 May 16, 2011
no sense and doing my laundry or mowing the grass.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#24 May 16, 2011
I say we set all our nukes to go off at that exact time and go out with a REAL bang. None of the previous doomsday sayers have been wrong, have they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnny Cash Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Flamboyant, eccentric Willard Blevins dies (Jul '14) Sep '16 ihatemorganton 42
News Concert Review | Hank Williams Jr.: Hat changes... (Oct '10) Jul '16 cook21 2
News Human Race (Apr '16) Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News On This Day: Johnny Cash Plays at Folsom Prison (Jan '09) Jan '16 Ryan Riders 23
News Johnny Cash, June Carter Cash's Life Together D... (Jul '15) Jul '15 BIG bad John 1
News Flashback: See Linda Ronstadt's Heartbreaking D... (Jul '15) Jul '15 orangeman7754 1
News The Simpsons: From Michael Jackson to Johnny Ca... (May '15) May '15 Together Great 2
More from around the web