Thousands Expected at Irwin's Service

Thousands Expected at Irwin's Service

There are 7 comments on the The Associated Press story from Sep 19, 2006, titled Thousands Expected at Irwin's Service . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

More than 5,000 people, including the prime minister, are expected to cram the 'Crocoseum' at the Australia Zoo on Wednesday to say farewell to 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin at a memorial service.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Laura Vollmer

Cleveland, GA

#1 Sep 19, 2006
Because of Steve, millions of people think about the well being of the wild animals that share this world. I see the possum stealing my cat's food and think, "Isn't it a little beauty?" Prior to the Crocodile Hunter I might have found the closest stick to scare it away. Wouldn't want to disappoint Steve! Peace be with Terri. Steve would want her to be strong for the kids. They'll all be together again soon enough. He, his mom and Sui are having adventures now.
werty zert

Blacksburg, VA

#2 Sep 19, 2006
hi im werty
anglea

Navarre, FL

#4 Sep 20, 2006
millions of people loved steve and i am one of them
he has changed the world in many ways..his love for anmials was great but it was his love for his family that melt my heart...terri and the kids have my prayers, just to let u know there are people in this world that care about u...love angela suneri from santa rosa beach florida.....
tasha

United States

#5 Sep 20, 2006
does anyone know the name of the song that he sang about 'where the gum trees grow...'? I'm curious to find it. I think that the memorial couldnt have been more perfect. Steve would have loved the way they did it. He will definately be missed by everyone who knew and loved him...and also by those that didnt know him, but loved him anyway.
[email protected]
POPS

Clayton, NC

#6 Sep 20, 2006
My wife and I didn't get to watch the memorial show until tonight. I like to think i'm a tough old bird but after having watched Steve so much over years and gotten to know so much about him personally I have to admit it got to me. Steve was a truely unique person, with so much passion for animal conservation that you could see it in everything he did. I'm going to miss him and the animals of the world have lost their best friend.
Mitch Dosik

Elmhurst, IL

#7 Oct 20, 2006
tasha wrote:
does anyone know the name of the song that he sang about 'where the gum trees grow...'? I'm curious to find it. I think that the memorial couldnt have been more perfect. Steve would have loved the way they did it. He will definately be missed by everyone who knew and loved him...and also by those that didnt know him, but loved him anyway.
[email protected]
The song is Home Among the Gum Trees. Google "home among the gumtrees download" and you should be able to find one.
Irving Shipbuilding

Toronto, Canada

#9 Nov 10, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Powerful camps behind Conservative nomination s... (Oct '14) Oct '14 SHYKORA PAUL arts 1
News Slim Dusty's - Best Of' Hits Chart Milestone Do... (Sep '14) Sep '14 signs 1
News Raucous reception for miners (May '06) May '12 Crazytempest 3
News In His Own Words: Ron Paul at U.C. Berkeley as ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 paul shykora ARTs 2
News Tory MP used public funds to back candidate (Nov '10) Nov '10 alter ego 2
News Urban on top (Jan '07) Nov '10 John 19
News U.S. hypocrisy shouldn't tar sound economic pol... (Nov '08) Nov '10 Stan Jones 2
More from around the web