OK Tea Party rally brings big names

OK Tea Party rally brings big names

There are 32 comments on the KFOR story from Jun 24, 2010, titled OK Tea Party rally brings big names. In it, KFOR reports that:

Members of the Oklahoma City Tea Party movement rallied at the state capitol Wednesday evening and brought in a big name to help get their message out to the public.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
diesel_trainer

Montgomery, AL

#21 Jun 25, 2010
The tea party movement will reduce themselves to violence when Obama is re-elected for another 4 years. YES, he will be re-elected...not because the people voted for him, but because the SHADOW GOVERNMENT wants him there, he is doing everything they request of him. Don't know who the shadow government is? Do your research!
Virginia

United States

#22 Jun 25, 2010
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
You should've read the whole thing begining to end. The East India Trading Co. was a British owned company. The Tea Act gave the company a refund.
I hope you realize that it was more than a refund. I hope you realize the protest wasn't colonists who didn't like English tea.
Chris

Stillwater, OK

#23 Jun 25, 2010
Becky wrote:
Down with Pelosi, Gore and Obama!!!! When will the Clintons let go of their power? We have to take it from all these career politicians this November. Lets vote for the new guys and say good-bye to big government takeovers. The Tea Party is Saturday at 11:00 am in front of the Ford Center. I feel sorry for you people who actually believe any of our doctored history. I believe very little of what I read or see on the news either. Bring JC Watts back people!!!!! Let's make a future together and quit arguing over the past. See you Saturday!!!
So what exactly do you believe then? Your own personal recollections of the past 200 years? What history has been doctored? Really, I want to read what you're talking about. And why do you only mention Democrats when you speak of career politicians? Do you actually think that all the those Republicans aren't career politicians?!?!
Bob

United States

#24 Jun 25, 2010
Virginia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm confused. You say that you disagree with how the previous administration wildly spent money and borrowed from China yet you compare our current administration to an emergency worker or firefighter. Why is it OK for them to continue to do the same idiotic things? A lot of people voted in this current administration to stop all this nonsense, but it has only gotten worse. Now we are in 2 wars and constantly offending our allies. You can stand on your soap box and claim they are only trying to fix things, shout out figures from previous administrations' bad policies, and plead for more time but people have FINALLY had enough. This administration has figures just as bad or worse in only a year and a half. Our gov't is still spending money it doesn't have on programs that are disasters before they have even started. It doesn't matter what political party is doing the wild borrowing and spending, it just needs to stop. New policies continue to be constructed against the will of the people and they are finally speaking out. They finally using the rights they've been given by our constitution to express their objections. It should be something to be proud of, not ridiculed.
While I agree with many of the sentiments that the spending should be over soon - I'm actually a hardcore centrist - there was not a whole lot of choice, because you can't just switch off the effects caused by a disaster. It's just like the oil spill - even if they finally get that well closed, it doesn't mean that all problems will be over, since there is so much oil in the Gulf already - do you want them to stop cleaning the moment the well is closed? I don't think so. In some cases the emergency worker is even forced to make things worse before it can get better.

The war in Afghanistan - the original war - is still going on, because the necessary resources to protect Americans were taken away to play war in Iraq, a country that was not a danger to Americans at that point. The same PR machine that got the masses to believe that Iraq was a danger is now changing history and facts to manipulate these masses.

Therefore, while I might not agree with all the things being done right now, I feel still far more comfortable with Obama trying to clean up the mess, and taking care of blue-collar workers, the middle class, and small businesses, rather than relying on the corrupt bunch that is now creating the 'religion' that fuels the mostly misinformed people of the Tea Party, that will reduce us to being a Third World Banana Republic, with all rights for the fortunate few.

I believe most Tea Party followers have good intentions. But heck, educate yourself, and not only by watching Fox News, but by looking at the whole spectrum. I know it's hard, but extremism never lead to peace and prosperity for all. I don't want to be raped by the ones that say they are for the people, but just use the 'zombies' to get their way. Typical set-up for a dictatorship.
Excuse me

Weatherford, OK

#25 Jun 29, 2010
It amazes me that these are the same people who sat on the sidelines for 8 years while George Bush ran this country in to the ditch and now have the nerve to blame Obama for trying to pull us out... Isn't that like blaming the wrecker driver for pulling out your car? Now these teabaggers have the nerve to bring in a racist alcoholic like Glenn Beck, it's pretty obvious that while the letters have changed, the agenda is still the same. Oklahoma definitely lived up to it's negative stereotype.
Excuse me

Weatherford, OK

#26 Jun 29, 2010
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but you are sadly mistaken. Nobody is born equal and some have a harder time getting ahead. If your parents are not rich then you can't afford to goto the richest schools or get the greatest education depending on what area of the city you live in. There are many variables as to how your road to success will be. Yes, hard work and dedication ring true but some paths are more difficult for some than for others.
So your ancestors who brought over slaves worked hard? I think not!!
In fact, you have to be pretty lazy to travel that far just to have some other human do your work and then you take the credit for it. the fact is this country was built with the blood, sweat, and tears of slave labor. Where is their recognition and reward? So your theory about hard work is flawed.
No Tea Party

San Antonio, TX

#27 Jun 29, 2010
As some claim on this forum, we are born equal. Then let the Clintons enjoy their power, they worked very hard for it. So did the President.
Kevin

Round Rock, TX

#28 Jul 13, 2010
Becky wrote:
Down with Pelosi, Gore and Obama!!!! When will the Clintons let go of their power? We have to take it from all these career politicians this November. Lets vote for the new guys and say good-bye to big government takeovers. The Tea Party is Saturday at 11:00 am in front of the Ford Center. I feel sorry for you people who actually believe any of our doctored history. I believe very little of what I read or see on the news either. Bring JC Watts back people!!!!! Let's make a future together and quit arguing over the past. See you Saturday!!!
J.C. Watts is too busy making money as a lobbyist, so he pretty much never left. He is buying off politicians left and right.
Melee

Tucson, AZ

#29 Jul 31, 2010
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but you are sadly mistaken. Nobody is born equal and some have a harder time getting ahead. If your parents are not rich then you can't afford to goto the richest schools or get the greatest education depending on what area of the city you live in. There are many variables as to how your road to success will be. Yes, hard work and dedication ring true but some paths are more difficult for some than for others.
Well, then I guess my hard work all my life that rewarded me with a full academic scholarship to Tulane University doesn't count in your little world! Tuition at Tulane Univ was $11000 a semester when I attended, but I didn't let that discourage me from doing my best in (public) school and writing an amazing essay to earn me my scholarship. I come from blue collar, non-college educated people - I am the first in my family to earn and achieve a higher education. No, but you're right. America sucks, there are no opportunities out there for people who want to advance in their lives. Please! Give me a break from you liberal fascist ideas that do nothing but perpetuate myths and create crises. People like you should be punched in the face - maybe then you can get some good American sense knocked into you!
Melee

Tucson, AZ

#30 Jul 31, 2010
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree with many of the sentiments that the spending should be over soon - I'm actually a hardcore centrist - there was not a whole lot of choice, because you can't just switch off the effects caused by a disaster. It's just like the oil spill - even if they finally get that well closed, it doesn't mean that all problems will be over, since there is so much oil in the Gulf already - do you want them to stop cleaning the moment the well is closed? I don't think so. In some cases the emergency worker is even forced to make things worse before it can get better.
The war in Afghanistan - the original war - is still going on, because the necessary resources to protect Americans were taken away to play war in Iraq, a country that was not a danger to Americans at that point. The same PR machine that got the masses to believe that Iraq was a danger is now changing history and facts to manipulate these masses.
Therefore, while I might not agree with all the things being done right now, I feel still far more comfortable with Obama trying to clean up the mess, and taking care of blue-collar workers, the middle class, and small businesses, rather than relying on the corrupt bunch that is now creating the 'religion' that fuels the mostly misinformed people of the Tea Party, that will reduce us to being a Third World Banana Republic, with all rights for the fortunate few.
I believe most Tea Party followers have good intentions. But heck, educate yourself, and not only by watching Fox News, but by looking at the whole spectrum. I know it's hard, but extremism never lead to peace and prosperity for all. I don't want to be raped by the ones that say they are for the people, but just use the 'zombies' to get their way. Typical set-up for a dictatorship.
I attended a Tea Party in Tucson in 2008 - oh, wait, that was when the former admin was in power. Go figure....I thought this was just a racist agenda against our new president. By the way and for your information, Fox News has proven to be the most unbiased in their coverage of the presidential election and other issues by independent pollsters. The liberal fascist media (CNN? hhmmmm) only perpetuates the myths and helps create the crises (and the white guilt, oh yes I did just write that) that favor the far left in this country. Case in point: CNN tries to prove that the Tea Party movement consists of racist gun toting rednecks by showing up close the image of a man in slacks and a white button down shirt carrying an AR rifle at a Tea Party. Fox News panned out on that same shot and it was a black guy! Don't believe anything you hear and nothing you don't see with your own eyes. It really helps your arguments if you can see the atrocities occurring with your own eyes. Why don't you go to a Tea Party sometime and you will see that your neighbors aren't so evil. However, you will see that your so called other news sources, besides Fox, are just feeding you bologna sandwiches. One last thing: our forefathers that chose to fight the Revolution were radicals and extremists! I refuse to sit back and watch and let Obama "fundamentally transform America" or redistribute my wealth (all $100 of it, haha) or my fellow American who has earned $1 million. It's the same thang, darlin'!
Melee

Tucson, AZ

#31 Jul 31, 2010
Eddie wrote:
Tea Party or no Tea Party it doesn't matter. If anyone in this country is so blind that they can't see our country going down hill, then we really need to back up and re-educate everyone. What does it take for people to stand up anymore? It is hard to believe that the people who stand against the Tea Party and back the idiocy that is going on in this country, have any sense at all. I know, you know, and everyone know's that corruption is everywhere in our political system. People want to say "blame it on Wall Street" "Blame it on big pharma companies" blah blah blah. It all boils down to the crook you put in office and how much money is stuck in his back pocket. If you like being led by crooks, then one would think your also a crook. Me personally I thin we should clean the whole political system out and sanitize it of crooked, greedy, rich, self serving, so called public servants, and start over again. But then again, how long would it be before the good guys become corrupt again.
Right on! Have you read The 5000 Year Leap? In it, the author sites primary documents on how wary the fore fathers were with awarding compensation of any kind to elected officials because of the corruption and greed witnessed by magistrates in England. George Washington never took a dime from the public coffers and many other post-Revolution officials didn't either. Washington's farm went downhill during that time and all he wanted was a quiet peaceful life on his farm but he stood up for the people when they needed and wanted him too. I agree that the political system needs to be cleaned up and "sanitized" (good word). Our public officials should be successful members of the community and return to that when their public service is done. I have always said that the mess we are in is our own fault. When will the American people really wake up and realize that it is and always has been up to US to keep this country true to its Revolutionary roots and ideals? When will the line REALLY be drawn? Americans have become soft and we are doing exactly what they want us to do - depend on others for our comfort. "From one man's ability to another man's need" is what they want us to think and do. And if we don't agree then we are just hateful, disgusting people. I WILL NOT let these fascists make me hate my American self or America. Never! I am glad to have the opportunity to post a comment to someone who really knows what is going on around this place.
Kevin

Round Rock, TX

#32 Aug 4, 2010
Melee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then I guess my hard work all my life that rewarded me with a full academic scholarship to Tulane University doesn't count in your little world! Tuition at Tulane Univ was $11000 a semester when I attended, but I didn't let that discourage me from doing my best in (public) school and writing an amazing essay to earn me my scholarship. I come from blue collar, non-college educated people - I am the first in my family to earn and achieve a higher education. No, but you're right. America sucks, there are no opportunities out there for people who want to advance in their lives. Please! Give me a break from you liberal fascist ideas that do nothing but perpetuate myths and create crises. People like you should be punched in the face - maybe then you can get some good American sense knocked into you!
Yes, your college education was useless. It obviously didn't teach you how to read and comprehend what you are reading. Perhaps you need the same after school classes my daughter takes to help with your comprehension. I guess they didn't teach you what fascism is either, hmmmm, pity.

You are the mold of the exact group of people I was talking about. Some of us, such as you and myself, who are mired in middle class, spend the first ten years after college paying back the loans we took out. Others who are less fortunate than we are, can't even qualify for loans and their parents had even little to no high school. With states subsidizing less and colleges charging more and more, its getting harder and harder. The education system hasn't improved or changed much over the years to suggest such an increase. Your last comment is just laughable. That's it, if someone thinks different than us, we should physically hit them...lol. I'll just close with....anytime, anyplace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Rich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jackson singer to appear on 'Nashville Star' to... (Jun '08) Mar 11 Jared 2
News Taylor Swift Wins Best Female Video a " Upsetti... (Sep '09) Oct '14 Tyler 2
News Romney Derides Obama's 'Incredible Shrinking Ca... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Occupy this 3
News DVR Alert: John Rich On Premiere Of 'The Next,'... (Aug '12) Aug '12 kelly DJ 1
News Glenn Beck brings new tour to the Tulsa Convent... (Jan '10) Apr '12 Blank 18
News Latifah to launch new talent show (Mar '12) Mar '12 Angela 1
News North Carolina Theatre Releases Evita Podcast (Oct '11) Oct '11 gloria 1
More from around the web