First Prev
of 2
Next Last
alexandra

AOL

#21 May 14, 2009
Ok everyone, just calm down. John is clearly a polarizing person. Either you can like him regardless of his flaws or you can't. Some people can't ignore his bad behavior, Carrie. Though you are an understanding person if you can look past his imperfections and still accept him for who he is, which is a great musician.

I doubt he will ever change, so it's really up to his wife now to deal with all that. But famous people are judged not only for their talent, but also for their behavior in their personal lives. They should be held accountable for wrongdoing. And IF all this is true, we can at least agree that John has some serious issues to work through.

And I'm sorry Carrie, but his reputation does discredit him and justifies the skepticism people feel. You can admit that there is reason for people to be skeptical about him and this relationship based on his reputation for chasing women, even though you feel it shouldn't matter. And people have the right to voice their opinions, just as you have the right to defend him.
Carrie

Chaska, MN

#22 May 18, 2009
alexandra wrote:
Ok everyone, just calm down. John is clearly a polarizing person. Either you can like him regardless of his flaws or you can't. Some people can't ignore his bad behavior, Carrie. Though you are an understanding person if you can look past his imperfections and still accept him for who he is, which is a great musician.
I doubt he will ever change, so it's really up to his wife now to deal with all that. But famous people are judged not only for their talent, but also for their behavior in their personal lives. They should be held accountable for wrongdoing. And IF all this is true, we can at least agree that John has some serious issues to work through.
And I'm sorry Carrie, but his reputation does discredit him and justifies the skepticism people feel. You can admit that there is reason for people to be skeptical about him and this relationship based on his reputation for chasing women, even though you feel it shouldn't matter. And people have the right to voice their opinions, just as you have the right to defend him.
Well at least you put things nicely and thank you for your opinion. Some people are so mean and vicious with their comments. I am a fan and I do defend John because I still feel there's a lot of gossip and very little truth to this. I don't think the guys perfect and I also don't think anyone knows what his and Joans relationship was up until they decided to marry. And I don't think that's something a fan needs to know in order to like someone. Yes, character issues I think do reflect on a person and how you look at them. Right now I just don't see the facts that show me John was such a bad guy like people are saying. Maybe they had an agreement that he'd take a year off from their relationship and he'd sow his wild oats before settling down and if they both agreed to that, then it's their business. And again I have to say it's none of our business about his private life with Joan. The past is the past and you or I or no one can change that so let's move on. Every interview I see and believe I watch a lot of them he talks about his marriage or his wife and the songs he's written on the new album. And he says he'll put his thoughts out in music but otherwise he's a private person. Obviously from that I've seen he's happy and that's great!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Rich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Taylor Swift Wins Best Female Video a " Upsetti... (Sep '09) Oct '14 Sleepingboy 4
News Romney Derides Obama's 'Incredible Shrinking Ca... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Occupy this 3
News DVR Alert: John Rich On Premiere Of 'The Next,'... (Aug '12) Aug '12 kelly DJ 1
News Glenn Beck brings new tour to the Tulsa Convent... (Jan '10) Apr '12 Blank 18
News Latifah to launch new talent show (Mar '12) Mar '12 Angela 1
News North Carolina Theatre Releases Evita Podcast (Oct '11) Oct '11 gloria 1
Concert (May '11) Sep '11 COUNTRYGAL 2
More from around the web