Country singer pleads not guilty to d...

Country singer pleads not guilty to drug, weapons charges

There are 31 comments on the The Wichita Eagle story from Feb 16, 2006, titled Country singer pleads not guilty to drug, weapons charges. In it, The Wichita Eagle reports that:

Lexington police stopped singer John Michael Montgomery early Thursday morning as he drove home alone from a country bar where the singer performed before he became a star, his attorneys said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wichita Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Barbara Miller

United States

#1 Mar 6, 2006
I'd like to see Mr. Montgomery stand up and admit he used horrible judgment and make a statement warning others to not follow in his footsteps, but to turn their keys over to a friend or take a taxi home. This would be good for the youth (and adults) who admire Mr. Montgomery and listen to, and buy, his music.
Gwen Mayo

Lexington, KY

#2 Mar 29, 2006
This case has taken a new twist now that word has spread about the arresting officer placing details of the case on his blog before trial. It is so compromised that the court is unlikely to ever see a trial.
Jill

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Apr 14, 2006
I think that the arresting officer should be grateful, regardless of a not guilty or guilty verdict, that John Michael doesn't sue him for defamation of character; because apparently the officer doesn't have any himself.
Rocker

Colombia

#4 Apr 18, 2006
Screw the drug charges... I say hang him for being a "Country" singer!
Whatever

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Mar 20, 2007
As far as I know, the great United States of America still values freedom of speech. Maybe all you people making uninformed comments about this should look into that. Writing something on the internet is not a crime. These guys can say whatever they want. You people need to read a book or something.
sorry

Versailles, KY

#6 Mar 21, 2007
Whatever wrote:
As far as I know, the great United States of America still values freedom of speech. Maybe all you people making uninformed comments about this should look into that. Writing something on the internet is not a crime. These guys can say whatever they want. You people need to read a book or something.
As you were told in the other thread, it's not a freedom of speech issue. Officers can't say whatever they want when representing the department. If they wanted to post things as private citizens, they shouldn't have identified themselves as officers on the internet. They were morons.
naws- msky

Lexington, KY

#7 Jul 4, 2007
sorry, don't we all like to brag sometime? duh
oh well,JOHN MICHAEL MONTGOMERY, YOU DA MAN ANYWAY, NEXT TIME YOU COME TO YA PLACE, SPREAD THE NEWS CAUSE I SURE WOULD LIKE TO DROP IN
KY hilljack

Zoe, KY

#8 Jul 11, 2007
Say whatever you want but I played in Lexington my whole life, even while Johnny was spittin' out sour notes at the boardwalk and the congress. If the word DRUGS gets associated with him then he's pretty much doing it. He's well known for being a crackhead. I mingled with that bunch for years so don't start kissin' toes just because he sold some albums.
Crazy people

Lexington, KY

#9 Jul 12, 2007
I think the drug charges should be pushed. But now as for the gun, have you ever drove threw Lexington at night, I have and I'd be packin too.
FACT

Flemingsburg, KY

#10 Jul 13, 2007
HE WAS OVER THE LIMIT. HE COULD HAVE KILLED WITH HIS TRUCK.
Hope

Lexington, KY

#11 Jul 14, 2007
I don't care how much money he had, he still ought to do his time. If that was one of us we would still be in jail waiting on a court date.
Why

Flemingsburg, KY

#12 Jul 15, 2007
As it goes in Jessamine County, it depends on who you are. Self destruction is hard to watch JMM.
haha

Lexington, KY

#13 Mar 23, 2009
what kind of drugs did he have lol
another sister

Perry, GA

#14 Mar 23, 2009
Just another case of money talks...So sad
that money can buy you alot of justice..(even
if its wrong) But have no money and you get no justice.
Melissa

Newburgh, IN

#15 Mar 23, 2009
He had pills not in the proper container I think. Long time ago. Also he has vertigo, so prob. not good when you drink too much. But yea, when you drink too much call a cab, heck he should be able to afford one.
Lyna

Lexington, KY

#16 Mar 23, 2009
Melissa wrote:
He had pills not in the proper container I think. Long time ago. Also he has vertigo, so prob. not good when you drink too much. But yea, when you drink too much call a cab, heck he should be able to afford one.
He comes into my store all the time. The Y in Wilmore. He doesnt seem that he has any touch of vertigo. Hes a very nice guy..he brings all of us that work at the store gifts haha
Melissa

Newburgh, IN

#17 Mar 24, 2009
you don't seem to appear to have vertigo. it affects your balance and stuff, it involves your ears, you get dissy. I know lots of people with vertigo, they don't stagger when they walk. I said when you drink I am sure that does not help! WHo cares bout the gifts. Hopefully he uses what money he made wisely, cause he came in to the business looking hopeful and doesn't do much of anything now. I never hear him on the radio. Weird how someone wants to be a singer then as soon as they do it lasted about a year, then he is never heard from.
haha

Lexington, KY

#18 Mar 25, 2009
Melissa wrote:
you don't seem to appear to have vertigo. it affects your balance and stuff, it involves your ears, you get dissy. I know lots of people with vertigo, they don't stagger when they walk. I said when you drink I am sure that does not help! WHo cares bout the gifts. Hopefully he uses what money he made wisely, cause he came in to the business looking hopeful and doesn't do much of anything now. I never hear him on the radio. Weird how someone wants to be a singer then as soon as they do it lasted about a year, then he is never heard from.
haha wow bitter a bit? i was just saying..i know what vertigo is my dad has it and has had for for quite some time now.
thats why i said it didnt seem like he had it.
have a nice day
Bret Michaels

Georgetown, KY

#19 May 26, 2014
If he knew anything he wouldn't a country singer.
True That

Scottsburg, IN

#20 May 27, 2014
He had 550 Lortabs in 3 different bottles(no labels).told arresting officer that he did have a prescription from a doctor in Nashville.sounds like he's addicted to pain pills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Michael Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Songwriter-turned-robber faces the music - and ... (May '06) Oct '16 SydneySolesbee 20
News DWI Case Against John Michael Montgomery Will G... (May '06) Dec '15 Sweetrose1 88
News The 60th Poke Sallet Festival begins (Jun '15) Jun '15 Hicks 9
News Officer Who Arrested John Michael Montgomery Is... (Feb '07) Dec '14 Brad Paidsley 4
News Rowdy Ridge Music Fest coming up in Sturgis (Aug '13) Aug '13 kevin 3
News Chuck Stinnett: Morganfield Chamber contemplati... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Azzhat 1
News Eddie Montgomery's Steakhouse in Harrodsburg cl... (May '13) May '13 wondering 134
More from around the web