DWI Case Against John Michael Montgomery Will Go To Trial

By JEFFREY McMURRAY Associated Press Writer LEXINGTON, Ky. -- The drunken driving case against country singer John Michael Montgomery is heading to trial, the prosecutor said Thursday. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ptchaw

Balsam Lake, WI

#1 May 26, 2006
Who cares who was off duty...who cares about the pictures. If he was busted like everyone else he should pay the cost, just like everybody else. Why should he get off just because he has a high dollar lawyer in his back pocket. Now maybe he can write a song about it.
Larry Jenkins

Tell City, IN

#2 May 26, 2006
I agree. If we let certain people break the law, then why have the law?
ptchaw wrote:
Who cares who was off duty...who cares about the pictures. If he was busted like everyone else he should pay the cost, just like everybody else. Why should he get off just because he has a high dollar lawyer in his back pocket. Now maybe he can write a song about it.
bluegirl

Covington, KY

#3 Jun 28, 2006
Thank you both. You are some of the first people who have discussed this topic using logic. Who care's what his name is. If he broke the law he should be punished just like the rest of society. Thankfully this case is only a DUI case and not a vehicular manslaughter case which is what could happen if he is allowed free to drink and drive again.
agreed

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Jun 29, 2006
Larry Jenkins wrote:
I agree. If we let certain people break the law, then why have the law?
<quoted text>
And that should include the president and vice-president.

but it don't
Just Thinking

Dearborn, MI

#5 Jun 29, 2006
ptchaw wrote:
The song title could be "I'm not as thunk as some drinkle peep I am".
Just Thinking

Dearborn, MI

#6 Jun 29, 2006
I Gotta Get Drunk
by Willie Nelson

Well I gotta get drunk and I sure do dread it
Cuz I know just what I'm gonna do
I'll start to spend my money callin' everybody honey
And I'll wind up singin' the blues
I'll spend my whole paycheck on some old wreck
And brother I can name you a few

I gotta get drunk, I just can't stay sober
There's a lot of good people in town
Who like to see me holler, see me spend my dollar
And I wouldn't dream of lettin''em down
There's a lot of doctors tell me
That I'd better start slowing it down
But there's more old drunks than there are old doctors
So I guess we'd better have another round

“Sleep? Who needs it anyway?”

Since: Apr 06

Location hidden

#7 Jun 29, 2006
Just Thinking wrote:
I Gotta Get Drunk
by Willie Nelson
I'll start to spend my money callin' everybody honey
And I'll wind up singin' the blues
I'll spend my whole paycheck on some old wreck
And brother I can name you a few
I gotta get drunk, I just can't stay sober
There's a lot of good people in town
Who like to see me holler, see me spend my dollar
And I wouldn't dream of lettin''em down
There's a lot of doctors tell me
That I'd better start slowing it down
But there's more old drunks than there are old doctors
So I guess we'd better have another round
LOL! I'll have to drink to that!

Hi JT!(",)
Just Thinking

Dearborn, MI

#8 Jun 29, 2006
Debbysnack wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I'll have to drink to that!
Hi JT!(",)
Hi there DS. I'm just bouncing around again adding my dumb comments and killing another evening at work. Tomorrow I'll be out of here by 7 PM and heading for the bar. Put on your red dress baby. Wear your wig hat on yo' head. Party time.

“Sleep? Who needs it anyway?”

Since: Apr 06

Location hidden

#9 Jun 29, 2006
Just Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there DS. I'm just bouncing around again adding my dumb comments and killing another evening at work. Tomorrow I'll be out of here by 7 PM and heading for the bar. Put on your red dress baby. Wear your wig hat on yo' head. Party time.
I don't wear wig hats, LOL but I'll make up for it with my dress! I party late into the night so sleep well tonight!(I know you are already gone and we are ships passing in the night once more)
fanalways

Mechanicsburg, PA

#12 Jul 31, 2007
come on up to Columbus,Ohio John! I will take care of you!

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#13 Jul 31, 2007
A month or so ago I was hitting the bars in Nashville. I'm not into country music but this guy took over the band and sang a few songs. He looked as if he just fell off a barstool but he sang great. They said it was John Michael Montgomery and he crashes bands all the time. What a great idea! All we got in Columbus was Dwight Yoakum going to Northland High School. Joe Walsh went to school there also. Johnny Paycheck was a Hillsboro boy.
MRS

United States

#14 Jul 31, 2007
Just Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
The song title could be "I'm not as thunk as some drinkle peep I am".
Cute as always. ;)

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#15 Jul 31, 2007
Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton and now this schmuck all have the same thing in common. M O N E Y. They ONLY serve what their money will buy them. Nilk Nolte, Glenn Campbell, and the list goes on. John Q Public continues to buy their records and see their concerts and attend their movies so they can be paid even more money to continue their habitual boozing and drug taking. We could call this "Hollywood HOS and the public pimps that continue to service them.
Pigs Eye

Davenport, IA

#16 Aug 1, 2007
Vee wrote:
Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton and now this schmuck all have the same thing in common. M O N E Y. They ONLY serve what their money will buy them. Nilk Nolte, Glenn Campbell, and the list goes on. John Q Public continues to buy their records and see their concerts and attend their movies so they can be paid even more money to continue their habitual boozing and drug taking. We could call this "Hollywood HOS and the public pimps that continue to service them.
That is why I stopped going to movies, concerts and buying CD's I get sick of seeing how much money they make off you and I. I have found other ways to spead my money like going on vacations and spending time with family. Just don't need the hollywood elite any more. Maybe if every one should try it.
blazer40508

United States

#17 Aug 1, 2007
You know who buys those maps of the stars houses were they do those tours of the celebs ?? Its the stars them selves they too smashed to find thier way home without them

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#18 Aug 1, 2007
Ha! Blazer I never thought of that. It's an ingenious idea though. Why don't these celebs have a chauffer or take a limo? At least David Hasselhoff stays home. You know what they say in Ohio: "It's better Dayton a woman from Eaton than....
Karen

Ellensburg, WA

#19 Oct 2, 2007
I love John Michael but saw him on Friday night in Yakima WA at the fair and he was terrible i was so disspointed people were getting up and leaveing I should have .. Sounded like he was drinking or on something.. Couldnt remember words to som songs and slurred other... John Michael Please get back to that hunk u once were....
Jailkeep

Georgetown, KY

#20 Oct 4, 2007
I just hope the charges actually stick with him. He took an alford plea earlier(not admitting guilt, but agreeing that there is evidence to convict). People keep saying that he had a prescription for the drugs that were in his possession. Sure, it's legal to possess drugs that are prescribed to you...but here in KY, it is illegal for them not to be in the original container. That is what the charge was for JMM. Also, the Officer that arrested JMM has pretty much been crucified over this stuff. All he did, was arrest a drunk that got behind the wheel of a car. He should've been thanked and sent back out to go to work.
Jimmy Buffet

Flemingsburg, KY

#21 Oct 4, 2007
Here is the six million dollar question. Which door was he lead out during the release and who let him out that door. The answer to the second queston is Sgt. John McQueen, and it was his idea too, I was there. JMM also spent his time in the jail with his feet propted up in the officers tower while he was on the phone. Name any other inmate that was allowed to do that?
bayouqueen

Ellensburg, WA

#22 Nov 16, 2007
Saw MMM in Sept at our country fair and was it a terrible concert. Thought then he was drinking or someithing .... was very disappointed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Michael Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Country singer pleads not guilty to drug, weapo... (Mar '06) Dec 13 Brad G8889 25
Officer Who Arrested John Michael Montgomery Is... (Feb '07) Dec 13 Brad Paidsley 4
Songwriter-turned-robber faces the music - and ... (May '06) Dec '13 dcb 15
Rowdy Ridge Music Fest coming up in Sturgis (Aug '13) Aug '13 kevin 3
Chuck Stinnett: Morganfield Chamber contemplati... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Azzhat 1
Eddie Montgomery's Steakhouse in Harrodsburg cl... (May '13) May '13 wondering 134
Whiskey Dicks to host country star John Michael... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Lucy Burn 2