Bob Dylan and John Lennon's Weird, On...

Bob Dylan and John Lennon's Weird, One-Sided Relationship

There are 14 comments on the The Atlantic story from Sep 24, 2012, titled Bob Dylan and John Lennon's Weird, One-Sided Relationship. In it, The Atlantic reports that:

The most intriguing song on Tempest , Bob Dylan's 35th studio album, isn't the 14-minute title track about the sinking of the Titanic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlantic.

Jane

Astoria, NY

#1 Sep 24, 2012
It is one sided because Dylan is touched by the secret that is coming regarding John. His long lost daughter.
Charlie Babcocker

Bothell, WA

#2 Sep 24, 2012
Jane wrote:
It is one sided because Dylan is touched by the secret that is coming regarding John. His long lost daughter.
It is Ono slided because Dudlyn is torched by the secret that is coming retarding Long John. his lost Brother.
7 of 13 - the revenge

Palo Alto, CA

#3 Sep 25, 2012
isn't it boring silly because muddy trousers is scorched high bye the creepers secret hat is nothing but restating the truth. long live John. and his lost bones. gotcha nutcase.
Poppa Jivebones

Bothell, WA

#4 Sep 25, 2012
Dylan showed up in muddy trousers but scored high by the Creepers and it's no secret his hat started Long John the nutcase from restating the truth.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#5 Sep 25, 2012
Jane wrote:
It is one sided because Dylan is touched by the secret that is coming regarding John. His long lost daughter.
Interesting, although I haven't read the article linked to here yet, but I thought for a time during around 1966 Lennon and Dylan hit it off quite well?

--
"Over You" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_132...
Poppa Jivebones

Renton, WA

#6 Sep 25, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, although I haven't read the article linked to here yet, but I thought for a time during around 1966 Lennon and Dylan hit it off quite well?
--
"Over You" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_132...
Will I like the last song the best. The Ride- I'd like to hear you do a cover of Willin by Little Feat. I think your voice would fit that song good.
Jane

Houston, TX

#7 Sep 25, 2012
Kyoko Lennon, the daughter everyone is witing for, we all love Kyoko Lennon.
Buster Chadwick

Renton, WA

#8 Sep 25, 2012
Jane wrote:
Kyoko Lennon, the daughter everyone is witing for, we all love Kyoko Lennon.
Kyoko in Japanese must mean I'm not a secret love child.
7 of 13 - the revenge

United States

#9 Sep 26, 2012
i have a dream wrote:
Dylan showed up in muddy trousers but scored high by the Creepers and it's no secret his hat started Long John the nutcase from restating the truth.
melvins snowed cup in dusty flowers cut floored by the keepers and tis no meekin fizz cat starred long before John. them nutcakes promise restarting the proof.
Biff

Seattle, WA

#10 Sep 26, 2012
7 of 13 - the revenge wrote:
<quoted text>melvins snowed cup in dusty flowers cut floored by the keepers and tis no meekin fizz cat starred long before John. them nutcakes promise restarting the proof.
Eleven stowed cups in lusty trowsers bored the sleepers and it is freakin jazz cat staring at John the nutcase restating the goof song.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#11 Sep 26, 2012
Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Will I like the last song the best. The Ride- I'd like to hear you do a cover of Willin by Little Feat. I think your voice would fit that song good.
Hey Poppa, I love that song, a cover of "Willin'" would be an enjoyable time!

Thanks for having a listen and for your kind comments.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Poppa Jivebones

Renton, WA

#12 Sep 27, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Poppa, I love that song, a cover of "Willin'" would be an enjoyable time!
Thanks for having a listen and for your kind comments.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
The more I listen to you sing I've got it figured out who you sound like. Remember Barry McQuire? He sang On the Eve of Destruction. His voice is gravely like yours. Red Lipped Stranger almost has an Allman Brothers feel to it. It must be great to have two or three backup singers and a full band to back you. Keep on singing and Rocking Will.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#13 Sep 27, 2012
Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>The more I listen to you sing I've got it figured out who you sound like. Remember Barry McQuire? He sang On the Eve of Destruction. His voice is gravely like yours. Red Lipped Stranger almost has an Allman Brothers feel to it. It must be great to have two or three backup singers and a full band to back you. Keep on singing and Rocking Will.
Wow, that's some unique and high praise indeed, to be compared to giants like those, thanks!

Made my day, for sure!

--
"Over You" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_132...
Poppa Jivebones

Bothell, WA

#14 Sep 27, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's some unique and high praise indeed, to be compared to giants like those, thanks!
Made my day, for sure!
--
"Over You" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_132...
I saw Barry McQuire on PBS not too long ago. He was pretty much a one hit wonder but his song did get played a lot in the 70's. I really like the Allman Brothers even still.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Lennon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top StoryRocker Leon Russell dies in Nashville Nov 13 Old Sam 1
News Why "Revolver" still matters: The 50th annivers... Sep '16 Beatles Drop On C... 2
News The eight Beatles films you probably haven't seen Sep '16 Little monster 3
News Paul McCartney fights to get back his songs (Apr '16) Aug '16 sleepingboy 201
News Ono! David's so unpopular, says husband Sir Elton (May '16) May '16 Tricky 2
News FBI spied on Beatles, Michael Jackson, even KFC... (Apr '11) May '16 500 Miles 67
News Area fans remember King of Pop (Jun '09) May '16 Prince Fan 79
More from around the web