Beatles monument to be built in Russia

Beatles monument to be built in Russia

There are 198 comments on the Digital Spy story from Mar 7, 2011, titled Beatles monument to be built in Russia. In it, Digital Spy reports that:

A monument to The Beatles' acclaimed 1969 album Abbey Road is to be erected in Siberia, it has been announced.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Digital Spy.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“What goes around comes around”

Since: Feb 11

Rostov-on-Don, Russia

#1 Mar 8, 2011
Wow, Tomsk now is on my list of must-visit places.
jack O da american voice

Chicago, IL

#2 Mar 8, 2011
You wouldn't think it. Back in the US, Back in the US, Back in the USSR!

The beatles were very clever. Lady ga ga is a joke.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#3 Mar 8, 2011
No other group has ever been adored by so many people coming from different cultures, beliefs(political, social, etc)...Don't you think that they were-are special? And not overrated? 500.000.000(let's say, they may be many more) Beatles' fans can't be wrong. I think that it wasn't just the song "Back in the U.S.S.R." that made it happen(maybe it was the occasion for it). You know, they depicted Soviet Union like a nation in Europe, like all other nations, not aliens. Their music touched the hearts of the Russians just like any other people in the world.
Zippy

Renton, WA

#4 Mar 8, 2011
40 years ago no way would this happen.Now once again the Beatles broke down barriers.Very cool Russia is loosening up finally.
Annie

UK

#5 Mar 8, 2011
the universal language of music :)
Annie

UK

#6 Mar 8, 2011
Small Town America UGX

United States

#7 Mar 8, 2011
Mozart and Verdi wrote actual music. The Beatles were just commie troublemakers who sought world revolution.

John Lennon = Leon Trotsky
Poppa Jivebones

Renton, WA

#8 Mar 8, 2011
Small Town America UGX wrote:
Mozart and Verdi wrote actual music. The Beatles were just commie troublemakers who sought world revolution.
John Lennon = Leon Trotsky
Wow those trouble makers sure had some great songs.I liked Revolution it rocked .Good commie rock for all my comrads please.John Lennnon=Give Peace a chance.Love song commie style who would of thought it would be so big.Diarea=Leon with the Trots and no key.Keep on rocking comrad in the free world.
Live Free or Die

Brunswick, ME

#9 Mar 8, 2011
The Beatles bore me.

They ain't got no rhythm, bro.

;-)
Poppa Jivebones

Renton, WA

#10 Mar 8, 2011
Live Free or Die wrote:
The Beatles bore me.
They ain't got no rhythm, bro.
;-)
ain't got no rhtym.But they sold millions of records.Not bad for a boring group that had no rhythm huh?people danced to their music but it had no rhtythm people clapped and screamed but what cuased them to do this to boring music with no rhythm? Their records sold like hot cakes people loved them and still do but they had no rhythm and they were boring.Well maybe to a boring old guy like yourself that doesn't know a good thing when he hears it or sees it.Would Wayne Newton Please you more?Or how about Bobby Goldsboro.

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Mar 8, 2011
Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>ain't got no rhtym.But they sold millions of records.Not bad for a boring group that had no rhythm huh?people danced to their music but it had no rhtythm people clapped and screamed but what cuased them to do this to boring music with no rhythm? Their records sold like hot cakes people loved them and still do but they had no rhythm and they were boring.Well maybe to a boring old guy like yourself that doesn't know a good thing when he hears it or sees it.Would Wayne Newton Please you more?Or how about Bobby Goldsboro.
Micheal Jackson, Madonna, Britney Spears and gangsta rap all sell a lot of records too. One can never underestimate the musical tastes of the pop culture.

Just as Gilligan's Island, Dancing With the Stars and The Jersey Shore are all considered good television.

Not to mention the Rambo and Frday the 13th movies are considered classics by Hollywood.

What would Shakespeare and Tchaikovsky think?
Poppa Jivebones

Renton, WA

#12 Mar 8, 2011
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Micheal Jackson, Madonna, Britney Spears and gangsta rap all sell a lot of records too. One can never underestimate the musical tastes of the pop culture.
Just as Gilligan's Island, Dancing With the Stars and The Jersey Shore are all considered good television.
Not to mention the Rambo and Frday the 13th movies are considered classics by Hollywood.
What would Shakespeare and Tchaikovsky think?
Roll over Beethoven and tell Tchaikovsky the news.Shakespeare could tame a schrew.Pop culture often sucks no doubt.
Poppa Jivebones

Renton, WA

#13 Mar 8, 2011
We have a coward judge on here that is boring and has no rhytym.Poor little bored bastard I know you need a life but without any personality it must be rough on you huh?No put on the icons so you will fill your purpose sorry fool.

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#14 Mar 8, 2011
Poppa Jivebones wrote:
We have a coward judge on here that is boring and has no rhytym.Poor little bored bastard I know you need a life but without any personality it must be rough on you huh?No put on the icons so you will fill your purpose sorry fool.
You would think the moron would have more originality than to vote every post precisely the same way... even if he wished to use all negative icons.

I guess no grey matter upstairs.
Poppa Jivebones

Renton, WA

#15 Mar 8, 2011
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
You would think the moron would have more originality than to vote every post precisely the same way... even if he wished to use all negative icons.
I guess no grey matter upstairs.
Very true no imagination no personality no sense of humor just a liitle weasel that comes out of the hole to put judge marks and then the coward crawls back into the hole and waits.That must be a sad fu--ed up life for the sorry weasel.
Annie

UK

#16 Mar 9, 2011
Quality music or not, the beatles captured the spirit of the time and clearly captured the imagination of people around the world.
jack O da american voice

Chicago, IL

#17 Mar 9, 2011
Small Town America UGX wrote:
Mozart and Verdi wrote actual music. The Beatles were just commie troublemakers who sought world revolution.
John Lennon = Leon Trotsky
I never know if this STA guy is joking. Ever headr of Richard Wagner (pronounced vaughner)? He was banned by the Israli Orchestra for years and was one of the best writers ever. perception is everything.
Poppa Jivebones

Ruckersville, VA

#18 Mar 9, 2011
Annie wrote:
Quality music or not, the beatles captured the spirit of the time and clearly captured the imagination of people around the world.
Right on Annie.The Beatles were just what the 60's needed.Fisheyed fools that call them Commies just don't appreciate real talent and don't recognize it when it is all around them.
Annie

UK

#19 Mar 9, 2011
Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Right on Annie.The Beatles were just what the 60's needed.Fisheyed fools that call them Commies just don't appreciate real talent and don't recognize it when it is all around them.
well I guess everyone's taste in music is different and I wouldn't say they were really my cup of tea apart from about three or four songs. There is so much quality sixties music. Although don't understand the communist connection given their attachment to religion and money.

But strange that they are erecting a monument in Siberia, given that sending someone to siberia is a term used to indicate giving them the cold shoulder. Is there a significant reason it's there?
Live Free or Die

Brunswick, ME

#20 Mar 9, 2011
Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>ain't got no rhtym.But they sold millions of records.Not bad for a boring group that had no rhythm huh?people danced to their music but it had no rhtythm people clapped and screamed but what cuased them to do this to boring music with no rhythm? Their records sold like hot cakes people loved them and still do but they had no rhythm and they were boring.Well maybe to a boring old guy like yourself that doesn't know a good thing when he hears it or sees it.Would Wayne Newton Please you more?Or how about Bobby Goldsboro.
LOL: Wayne Newton?

Nah, I like the Gypsy Kings, Salsa and other lively stuff with complex, syncopated rhythms. The best Ringo Starr could hammer out was a simple 4/4. Brits generally ain't too swift with the rhythm thing. That's not to put the Beatles down, just ain't my thing. OK, spanky?

Rhythm, it's just one of those things that either you got or you don't.

<homeboy vernacular off>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Lennon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arthur Janov, 'Primal scream' psychologist, was 93 Oct 7 Humanspirit 1
News How a love of Japan led me to stop dating its w... Sep '17 Asian 3
News Radio Faces Big Test In Pennsylvania That Will ... Aug '17 Hair Nation 2
News Classic Vinyl: Pet Sounds, one of the greatest ... Jul '17 concerned res 1
News Kurt Cobain topples Elvis as highest-paid dead ... (Oct '06) Jul '17 ole dude 157
News The Rise and Fall of Phil Spector (Apr '09) Jun '17 SLICK PUTZ PENCE 2
News The worst idea the Beatles ever had May '17 Declining Popularity 1
More from around the web