'Soul Men' stars Bernie Mac, Samuel L...

'Soul Men' stars Bernie Mac, Samuel L. Jackson, Sharon Leal

There are 14 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 7, 2008, titled 'Soul Men' stars Bernie Mac, Samuel L. Jackson, Sharon Leal. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The funniest bit in the crude but diverting "Soul Men" really makes you miss Bernie Mac , who died in August, a few months after completing the picture.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Droncz92

Hartford, CT

#1 Nov 7, 2008
I read nothing but bad reviews on this movie, the first 20 minutes or so are great then it goes downhill, and its not the actors its the stupid story, this one I will be staying away from till it comes to blockbuster, go see Role Models, or Zack and Miri instead of this one.
A Nonny Mouse

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 7, 2008
I already miss Bernie Mac. Even if the movie's not great, I'm looking forward to seeing him on-screen one last time...
Whatever

Libertyville, IL

#3 Nov 7, 2008
Black people are more racist than white people. Freedom of speech
Edith

Freeport, IL

#4 Nov 7, 2008
Whatever wrote:
Black people are more racist than white people. Freedom of speech
Where did that come from? Please take some high blood pressure meds before you bust a vessel!
nightwing

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Nov 7, 2008
This buffon was funny ? He could put to sleep real people with his cheep act....
nightwing

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Nov 7, 2008
Did he step on your nose Edith?
Minority

Mundelein, IL

#8 Nov 8, 2008
Edith, If you're offended with "whatever" said then don't read it. This is a free country and he is free to say whatever he wants to say.
Mike S

Davenport, FL

#9 Nov 9, 2008
nightwing wrote:
Did he step on your nose Edith?
Yea like Obama's win stepped on yours
Robyn from Boston

Springfield, MA

#10 Nov 9, 2008
I really love Bernie Mac, He is truly missed and adored, I remember him on russell simmons show deaf comedy jam, he was the one I looked to see on the show, and after it all hehad his own show very funny and informative styles on parenting, Bernie I know you are cracking jokes in Heaven, be sure to tell my brother Troy a few.

a grateful fan

Robyn
Sunshine

Dallas, TX

#11 Nov 9, 2008
Bernie Mac was a great comedian!He is truly missed....I will buy the DVD..
Virgil

Kansas City, KS

#12 Nov 9, 2008
The comments about Ediths nose and the racist comment was just stupid. And really don't deserve to be posted! Who cares, is the movie worth seeing. And how was Bernie Mac performance in it. And whatever you need to get a life after that comment you just showed you stupidity and you opened you mouth and proved it. You need prozac or something, or stop smoking that stuff!
robert manning

Knoxville, TN

#13 Nov 9, 2008
it's a sad day now that bernie mac is gone,he was a great in comedy,he was fun to watch you cant compare any one to this man may god rest his soul,and may god be with all his family and friends,we will miss you bernie mac rip
robert manning

Knoxville, TN

#14 Nov 9, 2008
it's a sad day now that bernie mac is gone,he was a great in comedy,he was fun to watch you cant compare any one to this man may god rest his soul,and may god be with all his family and friends,we will miss you bernie mac rip
Minority

Mundelein, IL

#15 Nov 10, 2008
"You're only doing this because I'm black!" Black people are racist. Freedom of speech. If you don't like what I'm saying do not read it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Legend Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton's fundraiser at Greek Theatre t... Jun '16 Is That Good Or Bad 3
News John Legend's Powerful Speech on RaceBy Jen Yamato (Feb '16) Feb '16 MalbarCACA 2
News John Legend Has Some Major Music Plans For 2016 (Jan '16) Jan '16 Rebecca Anne 1
News John Legend, Colombian star Juanes perform outs... (Jan '16) Jan '16 wild child 1
News Sia Is Jennifer Aniston's New BFF, Paris Hilton... (May '15) May '15 Noushin 1
News Kelly Clarkson: Nobody Wants to Work with Me (Feb '15) Apr '15 Truth Hurts 2
News John Legend Takes on Voter ID and Overcriminali... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Oh No You Di-nt 1
More from around the web