As Edwards jury deliberates, speculat...

As Edwards jury deliberates, speculation grows

There are 5 comments on the Creative Mac story from May 24, 2012, titled As Edwards jury deliberates, speculation grows. In it, Creative Mac reports that:

' John Edwards tried to make eye contact with each juror as they filed into the courtroom Wednesday before heading home after a fourth day of deliberations without a verdict in his campaign finance trial.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Creative Mac.

Tom Thorndike

Milford, CT

#1 May 25, 2012
This Witch Hunt has gone on for too long. Free Edwards of these false allegations and open an investigation into the US Attorney 's office to see what these weasels said to the Grand Jury to get this guy indicted. His personal life has nothing to do with alleged criminal activity. This is called a Dmoke Screen used by the weasels.

It reminds me of the botched former Senator Ted Stevens' trial where the prosecutors were found to have coorected witnesses and withheld exculpatory information from the defense. One prosecutor, William M Welch, was first promoted to run the Ethics and Misconduct Unit in Washingtin DC until a FBI agent turned him in for lying during the Stevens trial. Welch quit after Feds opened a criminal investigation into his activities. And this is the guy watching over the Justice Dept for ethics. Kind of line the " Fox in the Hen House. "

One of the other prosecutors, AUSA Marsh, when home and hung himself after the public learned he lied just to win a conviction against Stevens.

Does anyone else see the injustice in the Justice Dept?
Tammy

Spring Lake, NC

#2 May 25, 2012
Let a jury decide. That is our system. I live 30 minutes from his hometown and people might be surprised what those who know him would say. However, regardless of "opinions" our legal system should and will decide if guilty.
Tammy

Spring Lake, NC

#3 May 25, 2012
I don't live in Clayton, NC
Tom Thorndike

Milford, CT

#4 May 25, 2012
Tammy wrote:
Let a jury decide. That is our system. I live 30 minutes from his hometown and people might be surprised what those who know him would say. However, regardless of "opinions" our legal system should and will decide if guilty.
It doesn't matter what he did to his wife, or what you think of him. The point is the Feds are lying about the elements of the crime which they can't prove he did. So set the guy free.
Tom Thorndike

Milford, CT

#5 May 25, 2012
Tammy wrote:
I don't live in Clayton, NC
Who said you did?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Edwards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In defense, Trump seeks to redefine meaning of ... Jun '17 slick willie expl... 4
News Mellencamp to Walker: You're using a union supp... (Apr '14) Jun '17 CORNALACHIA CORNB... 12
News Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz Endorses Hillary C... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Dee Dee Dee 5
News At least once per lifetime, an election actuall... (Jul '16) Aug '16 too soon to say 13
News Evan Bayh veep talk intensifies (Oct '07) Jul '16 Birch Jr 3
News Obama Criticizes Clinton on NAFTA (Nov '07) May '16 positronium 7
News Obama, Edwards lead charge against Clinton in d... (Sep '07) Apr '16 Marriage trafficking 19
More from around the web