Lesbian seeking marriage license arre...

Lesbian seeking marriage license arrested in NC

There are 46 comments on the WTVF Nashville story from May 10, 2012, titled Lesbian seeking marriage license arrested in NC. In it, WTVF Nashville reports that:

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) - A lesbian who sought a North Carolina marriage license with her partner and was rejected under a state law banning same-sex marriage was arrested with another person Thursday after they refused to leave a government office where several gay and lesbian couples were turned away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVF Nashville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#44 Jun 9, 2012
Queengrami wrote:
I have no pedestal and I am still firmly in the same place I have always been. Those who do not bother to research the history of our laws, or the definitions of legal terms have no hope of changing them. Calling people vulgar names do not promote their position, it only points out how truly unbalanced they are and possibly are in need of pharmarmarcy intervention.
Typical response online: You *reiterate* what you said *despite* being shown how illogical it is.

You were shown clearly and logically how what you say makes no sense; your response is to REPEAT it.

You have *absolutely no* hope of getting anywhere in a conversation if you cannot speak and converse with others like a goddamned adult rather than a petulant child.

Seriously.
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#45 Jun 9, 2012
Palin Fan Forever wrote:
Way to go.I hope its a felony.
1 man 1 woman PERIOD
In some places it's punishable by death. And then eternal death.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#46 Jun 9, 2012
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>
In some places it's punishable by death. And then eternal death.
The problem with this? Those same sources *never claim they're doing anything wrong* or that anything they do, including bearing false witness,*is punishable in the slightest degree*.

Pretty big problem. Would be *the* reason that I ignore logic such as this. But lemme know when it's "punishable by death" in the United States because you know as well as I that that will only invite disaster we don't even

wanna

talk

about.

Thanks.
SLIF

Toronto, Canada

#47 Jun 9, 2012
Stop leting straight breeders and warmongers control your life. remember when Susan b. Anthony tried to vote and she was arrested?Just move to Canada,it'll be easier for you.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#48 Jun 9, 2012
SLIF wrote:
Stop leting straight breeders and warmongers control your life. remember when Susan b. Anthony tried to vote and she was arrested?Just move to Canada,it'll be easier for you.
There's only one problem with this logic. It kinda reminds me of something else people *LEAVE* when they no longer feel like making an effort.

It's called a "marriage."
critic

United States

#49 Jun 10, 2012
Lilith_SatansWhore wrote:
you flucking rock girls.....i hope they disrupt the courthouses and christardo churches everyday
I think they're disrupting the wrong area. What they SHOULD do is network & spread the MSG ALL OVER the USA! Everyone go get a local newspaper from their area & a highlighter pen from Walmart. Circle all upcoming weddings, carpool & go to every wedding but dress "conservative" to blend in with the other wedding guests. Why risk getting thrown out before you get started? But when the official conducting the ceremony says the part about anyone objecting to speak now or forever hold your piece, rise up! This should be non-violently because we're trying to make the HETEROSEXUALS equal with US!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Edwards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In defense, Trump seeks to redefine meaning of ... Jun 27 slick willie expl... 4
News Mellencamp to Walker: You're using a union supp... (Apr '14) Jun 26 CORNALACHIA CORNB... 12
News Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz Endorses Hillary C... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Dee Dee Dee 5
News At least once per lifetime, an election actuall... (Jul '16) Aug '16 too soon to say 13
News Evan Bayh veep talk intensifies (Oct '07) Jul '16 Birch Jr 3
News Obama Criticizes Clinton on NAFTA (Nov '07) May '16 positronium 7
News Obama, Edwards lead charge against Clinton in d... (Sep '07) Apr '16 Marriage trafficking 19
More from around the web