More shots fired at online mug shot s...

More shots fired at online mug shot sites, but are they blanks?

There are 1 comment on the Creative Loafing Atlanta story from Oct 25, 2013, titled More shots fired at online mug shot sites, but are they blanks?. In it, Creative Loafing Atlanta reports that:

Remember John Doe? A few weeks after CL ran a news column on the nameless Georgia Tech grad student's struggle to remove his mug shot from a couple of for-profit online websites in advance of attending a campus career fair, the New York Times ran an investigative expos that reportedly lit a fire under that industry's collective ass.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Creative Loafing Atlanta.

“Yet another average white man.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#1 Oct 25, 2013
These a-holes have a picture of me from a mid 90s arrest for hunting without a proper permit. I had a valid permit, but it was in the truck about 200 yards from where I was perched. Didn't matter to the game warden who acted like barney Fife on steroids. You would have thought I was Bin Laden himself the way this yokel handled the whole situation.

I bailed out in less than an hour and went to court a week later. The judge reprimanded the game warden for being over-zealous and dismissed the charges. BUT, my "mug-shot" is still there for all to see. Every once in a while the charge changes from "Hunting without a License" to "Violation of County Ordinance".

The digital age is a blessing and a curse. I have only had 1 employer in 8 years ask me about it. I still have the paperwork showing it was dismissed and will probably have to hang on to it the rest of my life. It's not a felony, but the private sector has turned it into a "Virtual Felony".

Personally, if a company uses this meager incident as an excuse to avoid hiring me, I feel they have done me a favor. Why would I work for such a STUPID organization?
GroBBBBBBBBB

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Doe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Attorney: 'Start from scratch' on pledge (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dukes of Hazard 3
News It Is Not A ... Crime To Touch Someone Who Says... (Jul '13) Jul '13 DNF 22
News El Paso, Las Cruces dioceses settle on sexual a... (May '11) May '11 The Shadow 12
News John Doe: From punk angst to musical elder stat... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Veronica 2
News Compton anti-violence activists plan rally wher... (Apr '10) Apr '10 MICK DUNDEE 1
News John Doe and The Sadies (Jul '09) Jul '09 josie 1
News Singer for Punk Legends X Diagnosed with MS (Jul '09) Jul '09 josie 1
More from around the web