Drummers take center stage in Step Br...

Drummers take center stage in Step Brothers and The Rocker

There are 9 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 28, 2008, titled Drummers take center stage in Step Brothers and The Rocker. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

In The Beatles, he was the first guy fired. In The Who, he was the "crazy" one who died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Anthony Pomes

Bronx, NY

#1 Jul 28, 2008
As it turns out, Micky Dolenz put together a book of nearly 1,000 awesome rock 'n roll trivia questions about nearly every drummer, guitarist, bassist, keyboardist, and lead singer from the first days of Elvis to these latter days of Radiohead and Arcade Fire. The book is called MICKY DOLENZ' ROCK 'N ROLLIN' TRIVIA (Square One Publishers), and it's perfect for anybody who either wants to be a rock god but needs the street-cred factoids or someone who is already a rock god (or has been or will be - perhaps again!). Meanwhile, keep an eye out next year for a movie based on Who drummer Keith Moon's too-short life (only 32 years old when he died) in MOON (said to star Mike "Austin Powers" Myers in the lead role, and apparently playing much of his own drum parts). See you at the movies - and in the arenas!! Rock on!!!!!
carmen-patricia

Barquisimeto, Venezuela

#2 Jul 28, 2008
Anthony Pomes wrote:
As it turns out, Micky Dolenz put together a book of nearly 1,000 awesome rock 'n roll trivia questions about nearly every drummer, guitarist, bassist, keyboardist, and lead singer from the first days of Elvis to these latter days of Radiohead and Arcade Fire. The book is called MICKY DOLENZ' ROCK 'N ROLLIN' TRIVIA (Square One Publishers), and it's perfect for anybody who either wants to be a rock god but needs the street-cred factoids or someone who is already a rock god (or has been or will be - perhaps again!). Meanwhile, keep an eye out next year for a movie based on Who drummer Keith Moon's too-short life (only 32 years old when he died) in MOON (said to star Mike "Austin Powers" Myers in the lead role, and apparently playing much of his own drum parts). See you at the movies - and in the arenas!! Rock on!!!!!
Hi Anthony, I was so surprise I haven't hear from Mickey Dolenz since years.I was a Monkeeys' fan because of my older cousins and I used to see their tv programs. " I'm a Believer " is one song I love from him.I'm not a rock god but I will love to buy the book.Thanks to you.carmen-patricia
Jon S

El Dorado Hills, CA

#4 Jul 28, 2008
carmen-patricia wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Anthony, I was so surprise I haven't hear from Mickey Dolenz since years.I was a Monkeeys' fan because of my older cousins and I used to see their tv programs. " I'm a Believer " is one song I love from him.I'm not a rock god but I will love to buy the book.Thanks to you.carmen-patricia
Nice article Anthony. Carmen, my 12 year old daughter just discovered the Monkeeys she loves the song and video for Valeri. One of my fav's as a kid.
carmen-patricia

Barquisimeto, Venezuela

#5 Jul 28, 2008
Jon S wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice article Anthony. Carmen, my 12 year old daughter just discovered the Monkeeys she loves the song and video for Valeri. One of my fav's as a kid.
Are you kidding ,Jon??? people here said they were nothing but I liked them very much.I know they did not have a long musical life but all those group-correct me please- they were inspired by the Beatles.Do I right friend ?carmen

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#6 Jul 28, 2008
Love the Monkees, especially Mike.
His mom invented liquid paper many years ago.
Valerie,Steppin' Stone, and even their 86' reunion song, That was Then.
Trivia: back in the 80's, the Monkees shot a video for Happy Christmas (war is over), but I can't find it on any record.
carmen-patricia

Barquisimeto, Venezuela

#7 Jul 28, 2008
awc wrote:
Love the Monkees, especially Mike.
His mom invented liquid paper many years ago.
Valerie,Steppin' Stone, and even their 86' reunion song, That was Then.
Trivia: back in the 80's, the Monkees shot a video for Happy Christmas (war is over), but I can't find it on any record.
Thank you Allan .More info for Carmen profile " MUSIC ",carmen-patricia
Jon S

El Dorado Hills, CA

#8 Jul 28, 2008
carmen-patricia wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding ,Jon??? people here said they were nothing but I liked them very much.I know they did not have a long musical life but all those group-correct me please- they were inspired by the Beatles.Do I right friend ?carmen
yes carmen you are right, they were also good friends with the Bealtes they were at the party the Beatles had when sgt pepper was finished.
carmen-patricia

Barquisimeto, Venezuela

#9 Jul 28, 2008
carmen-patricia wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Allan .More info for Carmen profile " MUSIC ",carmen-patricia
Headline,excuse me !!!!instead of profile , well any way you always understand what I mean!carmen.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#10 Jul 28, 2008
I understand you,Carmen.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John C. Reilly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Wreck-It Ralph' (Mar '13) Mar '13 aristos 1
News Movie Review: a oeWreck-it Ralpha smashes expec... (Dec '12) Dec '12 MoonDancing 1
News Ferrell's 'Billion Dollar Movie' heads to Sundance (Dec '11) Dec '11 unknown 2
John C. Reilly - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Stan 1
News Serendipity: Top 10 movie couples who needed th... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Candy 1
News 'The Promotion' stars Seann William Scott, John... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Alice 1
News `Step Brothers' Ferrell, Reilly reunite as duo (Jul '08) Sep '08 dockers 11
More from around the web