'Toga Party' Closes the Streets of Do...

'Toga Party' Closes the Streets of Downtown

There are 5 comments on the www.firstcoastnews.com story from Jun 17, 2009, titled 'Toga Party' Closes the Streets of Downtown. In it, www.firstcoastnews.com reports that:

The street festival, a.k.a. "Toga Party," is closing the streets of downtown Friday through Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.firstcoastnews.com.

WTF

Bradenton, FL

#1 Jun 18, 2009
More useless bullchit on the part of the city.

Public streets with limited access.
armchair warrior

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Jun 18, 2009
WTF wrote:
More useless bullchit on the part of the city.
Public streets with limited access.
More like permission to wear White Sheets in the Streets.

DemonsEye

“Liberals are insane.”

Since: Jan 08

Jacksonville Fl.

#3 Jun 19, 2009
This kinds stuff makes me proud to be from Jacksonville. Im just going to rush out and tell everyone.

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#4 Jun 19, 2009
It is not "closing the streets of downtown" it is closing only of Forsyth Street from Ocean to Newman. That is one block of one street.
Big Deal!

They did the same thing last year for the showing of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show"

“its a plane, its a plane”

Since: Dec 07

jax for now

#5 Jun 19, 2009
wonder what the cost is going to be for all the extra police and the such like, or do the people running this event pay for that up front???

lets hope the heat keeps them tame and well behaved! the party goers I mean, not the police.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Belushi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Go Go Crazy (Nov '12) Nov '12 disaster in the m... 1
News You'll Never Guess The Original Title Of 'E.T.:... (May '12) May '12 John 1
News Demolition begins for vacant Illinois 'Blues Br... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Wondering 2
News Tallahassee is now Animal House, with party boy... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Henry 6
Tribute website (Apr '11) Apr '11 Kelly 1
News Chris Farley's Message from the Grave (Sep '08) Mar '11 Chrisfarleyfan 5
News Microbreweries turning from glass to metal (Jan '11) Feb '11 X-Vermonter 5
More from around the web