Billboards feature Farley

Billboards feature Farley

There are 2 comments on the Sioux City Journal story from Apr 1, 2006, titled Billboards feature Farley. In it, Sioux City Journal reports that:

Chris Farley, the funnyman who died more than eight years ago of a drug overdose, is making an appearance -- on billboards that advertise treatment for drug and alcohol addiction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sioux City Journal.

Frankie

Bellingham, MA

#1 Apr 3, 2006
I'm curious which age group they're targeting: The 12 to 18 yr. olds as potential drug users? It would seem they would not be 'too' connected with Farley's fame, who passed away when they were merely 4 to 10 yr. olds. They'll never toss Elvis up there, another obese drug user, now that his home is on the historical list.
Frankie

Bellingham, MA

#2 Apr 3, 2006
If the billboard is for addicted adults, is a photo of a dead celebrity truly going to motivate them to the fact that they need to seek treatment? Most of the folks I knew who sought treatment did so when all of their fingernails were gone, they survived a head-on collision, or no money could be had, or they were arrested stealing your money. I recall ages ago, photos of Hendrix, Joplin, Morrrison for the anti-drug campaign...oh well.'Repeat performance', as they say in Hollywood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Belushi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Go Go Crazy (Nov '12) Nov '12 disaster in the m... 1
News You'll Never Guess The Original Title Of 'E.T.:... (May '12) May '12 John 1
News Demolition begins for vacant Illinois 'Blues Br... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Wondering 2
News Tallahassee is now Animal House, with party boy... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Henry 6
Tribute website (Apr '11) Apr '11 Kelly 1
News Chris Farley's Message from the Grave (Sep '08) Mar '11 Chrisfarleyfan 5
News Microbreweries turning from glass to metal (Jan '11) Feb '11 X-Vermonter 5