Same-sex weddings help businesses

Same-sex weddings help businesses

There are 151 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Dec 7, 2008, titled Same-sex weddings help businesses. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

The highly controversial issue of gay marriage in Connecticut is now creating new opportunities for wedding-related businesses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
A VOTER

Vernon Rockville, CT

#2 Dec 8, 2008
who cares....its wrong ... the people of this state were screwed by some liberal judges who forced this against the will of the majority...they know dam well most people are against it....keep voting democrat CT....you reap what you sow.
Aurora

Spotsylvania, VA

#3 Dec 8, 2008
Just because you don't believe gay marriage is "right" the LAW states that all taxpayers deserve the same rights.

Since: Jul 07

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Dec 8, 2008
A VOTER wrote:
who cares....its wrong ... the people of this state were screwed by some liberal judges who forced this against the will of the majority...they know dam well most people are against it....keep voting democrat CT....you reap what you sow.
You should be more upset about the fact that your school district let you down in a big way. They sent you out into the world to suffer from lack of knowledge as to how the government works.
Fred

Lynnfield, MA

#5 Dec 8, 2008
Back almost 70 years ago in Germany it was illegal to be a Jew! So does that make being Jewish wrong?
Conversly, just because it's legal, does not make it morally right. I am not against civil unions, but I am against redefining marriage.
I also believe the right of "spousal privilege" should be such that I can grant it to 1 other peron of my choosing and I need not have a sexual relationship with thet person.
Just because it is generating revenue does not make it right either, else we could open up a bunch more things which would make money. I am sure that some struggling farmers could make a few bucks if they were able to pimp out Bossy, Betsy (their cows)
Baby Boomer

Middlefield, CT

#6 Dec 8, 2008
Business is business - take the money.
Wrong

New Haven, CT

#7 Dec 8, 2008
devons wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be more upset about the fact that your school district let you down in a big way. They sent you out into the world to suffer from lack of knowledge as to how the government works.
2 misguided States out of 50 does not make it right, nor does this stations pro-gay agenda make it right. Sticking your privates in a cavity filled with human waste is not love nor healthy.

Since: Jul 07

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Dec 8, 2008
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
2 misguided States out of 50 does not make it right, nor does this stations pro-gay agenda make it right. Sticking your privates in a cavity filled with human waste is not love nor healthy.
Because 48 states haven't caught up yet does not make it wrong. I wish someone would tell me why fighting for a right is a bad agenda. Seems to me it's something this country should be proud of. We have that right unlike some other countries.

May I suggest that you might have an easier time living in a society, that is meant to protect to the rights of the individual, if you keep your mind out of the private lives of other law abiding citizens.

I certainly have no desire, nor the stomach, to try and think about your sex life.
Ralph

United States

#9 Dec 8, 2008
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
2 misguided States out of 50 does not make it right, nor does this stations pro-gay agenda make it right. Sticking your privates in a cavity filled with human waste is not love nor healthy.
How about those gays who do not have anal intercourse? Or, better yet, how about those heterosexual couples who do? Do we get to vote on how you and your spouse have sex?
Ralph

United States

#10 Dec 8, 2008
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
2 misguided States out of 50 does not make it right, nor does this stations pro-gay agenda make it right. Sticking your privates in a cavity filled with human waste is not love nor healthy.
Forgot one..........what about lesbians who, obviously, do not have anan intercourse? Can they marry?

Your arguments are very obtuse.

“Just call me Das. ”

Since: Jul 07

Bronx, NY

#11 Dec 8, 2008
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot one..........what about lesbians who, obviously, do not have anan intercourse? Can they marry?
Your arguments are very obtuse.
Pssssttt... Lesbians can have anal sex.

I know, I know... too much information. But still...
Pete In MIami

Hollywood, FL

#13 Dec 8, 2008
Live your life the way you choose, and stop living the life of others.
mich

Shelton, CT

#14 Dec 8, 2008
wendy wrote:
I think all GAYS and LESBOS shuold be shot!!!!!! They are nothing but a SICK breed of people!!!
ok- you need to go to therapy! they are no sicker than those who are straight! what they choice to do behind closed doors is their business! whether or not you are straight or gay, its not your concern how/what/who they do! i am sure somewhere along your family line is a gay person who wont "come out" because of your attitude.. i can think of those who really are sick folks: murderers, rapist, child molesters.. etc.. who are in a category of their own, and have no comparison to gay people.. stop being a hater, and realize different strokes for different folks! i am sure there are pleny who dont agree with things in your household but are smart enough to worry about themselves!
Chris

United States

#15 Dec 8, 2008
Thankfully, rational, educated people decided this issue. As a heterosexual, I believe it is about time that homosexuals had the same rights that we do.

Those that would oppose gay marriage, I would ask this: Have you read the Constitution? How about a little part called 'separation of church and state'...the argument that people make against gay marriage is because they believe it is not seen as real marriage in the eyes of God, it is immorale, etc.

If it is unconstitutional to base laws upon religion (which of course it is) than it is only a matter of time until all states adopt equal civil rights for all people.

I'm proud to be an American that helped put Senator Obama in the White House and I'm equally proud to live in a state where, at least 'on the books', we are saying everyone deserves equal rights. It's a step in the right direction.

It's very dangerous to fear and/or hate what you don't know or don't understand. Don't let ignorance prevent you from evolving, get to know people in your community who are gay and it will suddenly be much more difficult to propogate hate toward them. We only fear what we don't know or don't understand.

“YAR!!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16 Dec 8, 2008
wendy wrote:
I think all GAYS and LESBOS shuold be shot!!!!!! They are nothing but a SICK breed of people!!!
Well then - what an enlightened and happy person you must be.
Wrong

New Haven, CT

#17 Dec 8, 2008
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot one..........what about lesbians who, obviously, do not have anan intercourse? Can they marry?
Your arguments are very obtuse.
They use Strap-ons.
Wrong

New Haven, CT

#18 Dec 8, 2008
devons wrote:
<quoted text>
Because 48 states haven't caught up yet does not make it wrong. I wish someone would tell me why fighting for a right is a bad agenda. Seems to me it's something this country should be proud of. We have that right unlike some other countries.
May I suggest that you might have an easier time living in a society, that is meant to protect to the rights of the individual, if you keep your mind out of the private lives of other law abiding citizens.
I certainly have no desire, nor the stomach, to try and think about your sex life.
Obviously you don't have the desire or stomach for normal sex, the way humans and all other animals were created to have sex. You are lost in perversion and filled with unnatural desires. Tell us something about gays we don't already know.
hwolf76

Farmington, CT

#19 Dec 8, 2008
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
They use Strap-ons.
Holy Crap!!! How do you know about Strap ons!!!! Seems to be outside your realm of lame boring sex.
Katie

Ansonia, CT

#20 Dec 8, 2008
i think that is sicking and disgusiting there is no need for same sex to be together be for real
Tyler Durden

New London, CT

#21 Dec 8, 2008
A VOTER wrote:
who cares....its wrong ... the people of this state were screwed by some liberal judges who forced this against the will of the majority...they know dam well most people are against it....keep voting democrat CT....you reap what you sow.
You say it was against the majjority voters, then blame the whoe state for not voting that way...

...REVO ???KCUF EHT TAHW
Ralph

United States

#22 Dec 8, 2008
Dasein9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssssttt... Lesbians can have anal sex.
I know, I know... too much information. But still...
Well, yes. I knew that. But it takes a device other than the human body. I didn't mean that they were limited in any way. I apologize.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Anderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City's Sculpt EVV show puts sculpture in the ne... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Downtowner 2
News Gov. Rick Scott’s will shed outsider at Re... (Aug '12) Aug '12 MAID IN AMERICA 1
News In Short: June 21-27, 2012 (Jun '12) Jun '12 cfsgf 1
News About Town: Stoughton Selectmen Approve Contrac... (Mar '12) Apr '12 Doink 32
News B.C. government confirms it will strike working... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Ray 1
News Turning back the pages - Fruit soup (Nov '10) Nov '10 immense salmon run 1
News I'm Just An Old ... - John Ander... (Aug '10) Aug '10 newimwell 1
More from around the web