Couple's 'buy black' experiment becom...

Couple's 'buy black' experiment becomes a movement

There are 74 comments on the www.lohud.com story from May 13, 2009, titled Couple's 'buy black' experiment becomes a movement. In it, www.lohud.com reports that:

It's been two months since 2-year-old Cori pulled the gold stud from her left earlobe, and the piercing is threatening to close as her mother, Maggie Anderson, hunts for a replacement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.lohud.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
inept obama

United States

#72 Jun 4, 2009
Bought the farm wrote:
This movement has been around for about a hundred years in one form or another.
Other organized black movements have concentrated their spending on WHITE businesses that support black interests.
If this new buy black movement gets much publicity it will certainly spawn a backlash of BUY WHITE that will overpower the buy black crowd.
As broke as black people have become under obama's recession it's hard to imagine them buying anything!
blacks are even more poor now. Victims of obama's recession and his failed economic policies. Even people with jobs are facing obama's planned new taxes. Despair is growing across the nation. White middle class are living in tent cities and blacks don't even own tents.

“My Haters Motivate Me!!”

Since: May 09

CLAIRTON

#73 Jun 4, 2009
george burnett wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps we only caught the slow,fat,stupid ones???
Perhaps you only caught your uncles! ha! Ha! White males hate black males becasue whote males have no penis!!!
george burnett

AOL

#75 Jun 4, 2009
CHS Drummer Chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you only caught your uncles! ha! Ha! White males hate black males becasue whote males have no penis!!!
It just looks that way 'cause of the big belt buckle.-----Old Texas story----Man picks up a woman in the bar,they hit it off,and wind up in his room.He leaves to get some ice,comes back to the room,she is already in bed.Texan takes off his shirt.She remarks"what a big chest you have"."I am from Texas".Then he takes off his boots."Wow,those are some big feet",she states."Texan all the way,missy",he replies.Then the pants come off.She sm-iiiii-les and turns off the light.After a few minutes,he flips the lights back on---"WHAT PART OF TEXAS DID YOU SAY YOU WERE FROM???------Perhaps you just need a Texan ,Drummer Chic.Hate you have that huge empty spot in your life.
The Sage

Marietta, GA

#76 Jun 4, 2009
inept obama wrote:
<quoted text>blacks are even more poor now. Victims of obama's recession and his failed economic policies. Even people with jobs are facing obama's planned new taxes. Despair is growing across the nation. White middle class are living in tent cities and blacks don't even own tents.
Are you kidding me?? Obama's recession?? This recession started long before Obama was in office! Why don't you get your facts straight before you make stupid comments like that!

When W. took office, we were not in a recession. In fact, the recession didn't start for a while after W's inauguration. People like YOU wanted to blame Clinton for recessions in W's terms, even YEARS after W was in office. But somehow, Obama is responsible for stuff that happened even before he got elected?? Could you retards at least stay consistent in your arguments???

We won't see any effects of Obama's policies for a year or two, earliest. Subtle changes in the unemployment rate and the stock market have nothing to do with what Obama decided last week.
inept obama

United States

#77 Jun 4, 2009
The Sage wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me?? Obama's recession?? This recession started long before Obama was in office! Why don't you get your facts straight before you make stupid comments like that!
When W. took office, we were not in a recession. In fact, the recession didn't start for a while after W's inauguration. People like YOU wanted to blame Clinton for recessions in W's terms, even YEARS after W was in office. But somehow, Obama is responsible for stuff that happened even before he got elected?? Could you retards at least stay consistent in your arguments???
We won't see any effects of Obama's policies for a year or two, earliest. Subtle changes in the unemployment rate and the stock market have nothing to do with what Obama decided last week.
Time for you to put that crack pipe down and get back to reality. A recession began in the last quarter of the Clinton term and dumped right into President Bush's lap. He recovered from that and suffered another recession caused by the 9-11 attacks. George Bush then went on to give America the strongest economy in American history. That didn't diminish until the Democrats won control of Congress in the 2006 elections and deliberately took the economy into the cellar with a huge amount of help from the liberal news media and foreign financial interests who speculated up the price of oil and withdrew billions from the stock market to affect economic indicators and affect the presidential election. Now, those same Democrats can't pull the economy out of their own stall. They're operating now on borrowed money and have created the biggest debt in American history in record time. Better believe the middle class will face huge tax increases to pay for this mismanagement. obama has failed miserably in correcting the economy and has reneged on most of his campaign promises to fix things. That makes obama a dishonest and inept reneger!
smithers

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#78 Jun 5, 2009
CHS Drummer Chic wrote:
It amazes me how people want to judge Obama on his first 100 days. That should've been done with the first Bush, we would'nt be in this F'd situation now!! Obama will need at leat 8 years to get this country back together. White people have Obama under the microscope when they're the ones that caused this mess.
Yes 911 was Bush's fault!!! He tried to finish what his daddy started years ago. Look how many casualties we suffered at war and because of what?!
At least when Clinton was in office things were cool... I guess it's time to pick on the real Black man now... OBAMA!!!!! FOREVER!!!!!!!!!
Hes not getting 8 years! More and more people are starting to see the light.. Everything was cool with clinton?? I guess you never heard of operation restore hope where he denied rangers and delta in somalia thus denying their death forcing the familys to need to fight for their death benifits..
Sir Loin Tips

Loganville, GA

#80 Jun 5, 2009
Well that does it! No more This Is It BBQ for me......I'm going to find a white owned BBQ establishment dammit!

“Have fun doing it!!”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta, GA

#81 Jun 5, 2009
inept obama wrote:
<quoted text>Time for you to put that crack pipe down and get back to reality. A recession began in the last quarter of the Clinton term and dumped right into President Bush's lap. He recovered from that and suffered another recession caused by the 9-11 attacks. George Bush then went on to give America the strongest economy in American history. That didn't diminish until the Democrats won control of Congress in the 2006 elections and deliberately took the economy into the cellar with a huge amount of help from the liberal news media and foreign financial interests who speculated up the price of oil and withdrew billions from the stock market to affect economic indicators and affect the presidential election. Now, those same Democrats can't pull the economy out of their own stall. They're operating now on borrowed money and have created the biggest debt in American history in record time. Better believe the middle class will face huge tax increases to pay for this mismanagement. obama has failed miserably in correcting the economy and has reneged on most of his campaign promises to fix things. That makes obama a dishonest and inept reneger!
Yeap... Most of the Obama supporters get their livings free on the government right now anyway.. The tax payers are keeping up the kids. The Middle Class will definately suffer- who knows with all of the Muslim apologies recently.... his supporters may have a huge suprise waiting on them. After all, he is part Muslim.. haha. Hopefully, it won't be at the expense of any more lives [lost].

“Have fun doing it!!”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta, GA

#82 Jun 5, 2009
george burnett wrote:
<quoted text>It just looks that way 'cause of the big belt buckle.-----Old Texas story----Man picks up a woman in the bar,they hit it off,and wind up in his room.He leaves to get some ice,comes back to the room,she is already in bed.Texan takes off his shirt.She remarks"what a big chest you have"."I am from Texas".Then he takes off his boots."Wow,those are some big feet",she states."Texan all the way,missy",he replies.Then the pants come off.She sm-iiiii-les and turns off the light.After a few minutes,he flips the lights back on---"WHAT PART OF TEXAS DID YOU SAY YOU WERE FROM???------Perhaps you just need a Texan ,Drummer Chic.Hate you have that huge empty spot in your life.
Yeah. She hasn't meet a REAL white man..
The Sage

Boynton Beach, FL

#83 Jun 6, 2009
inept obama wrote:
<quoted text>Time for you to put that crack pipe down and get back to reality. A recession began in the last quarter of the Clinton term and dumped right into President Bush's lap. He recovered from that and suffered another recession caused by the 9-11 attacks. George Bush then went on to give America the strongest economy in American history. That didn't diminish until the Democrats won control of Congress in the 2006 elections and deliberately took the economy into the cellar with a huge amount of help from the liberal news media and foreign financial interests who speculated up the price of oil and withdrew billions from the stock market to affect economic indicators and affect the presidential election. Now, those same Democrats can't pull the economy out of their own stall. They're operating now on borrowed money and have created the biggest debt in American history in record time. Better believe the middle class will face huge tax increases to pay for this mismanagement. obama has failed miserably in correcting the economy and has reneged on most of his campaign promises to fix things. That makes obama a dishonest and inept reneger!
Maybe you should put down your crack pipe and look at the actually government stats on when recessions started. Bush's recession started in March 2001. That's 3 months AFTER he took office. So how can you honestly blame that recession on Clinton, but you won't blame the current recession on W. Bush?? This recession is believed to have started in December 2007!! You really make yourself look dumb when you're totally inconsistent like you are.

Man, don't you hate it when facts prove you wrong??
inept obama

United States

#84 Jun 6, 2009
The Sage wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should put down your crack pipe and look at the actually government stats on when recessions started. Bush's recession started in March 2001. That's 3 months AFTER he took office. So how can you honestly blame that recession on Clinton, but you won't blame the current recession on W. Bush?? This recession is believed to have started in December 2007!! You really make yourself look dumb when you're totally inconsistent like you are.
Man, don't you hate it when facts prove you wrong??
Wrong flatfoot! The recession started the very last quarter of Clinton, before Bush ever took office.
The American economy was still growing in December 2007. Unemployment was low, the stock market was high. All this is verified by government reports. That 2007 lie is made by an unofficial independent analysis and it doesn't hold water or even fit the definition of a recession. As the recession was approaching, under the Democratic Congress, the Democrats were very slow to react and had to be prodded by President Bush to approve the first stimulus package. The same Democrats failed to pass another stimulus package until AFTER obama took office. This was deliberate and they allowed the economy to slip into a recession because they deliberately failed to act, knowing the coming recession would be blamed by the news media on Bush not on Congress. The idiots let the economy slip for too long and now they can't recover. Congress controls ALL government spending and the Congress since January 2007 has been the Democrats.
The Sage

Boynton Beach, FL

#85 Jun 7, 2009
inept obama wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong flatfoot! The recession started the very last quarter of Clinton, before Bush ever took office.
The American economy was still growing in December 2007. Unemployment was low, the stock market was high. All this is verified by government reports. That 2007 lie is made by an unofficial independent analysis and it doesn't hold water or even fit the definition of a recession. As the recession was approaching, under the Democratic Congress, the Democrats were very slow to react and had to be prodded by President Bush to approve the first stimulus package. The same Democrats failed to pass another stimulus package until AFTER obama took office. This was deliberate and they allowed the economy to slip into a recession because they deliberately failed to act, knowing the coming recession would be blamed by the news media on Bush not on Congress. The idiots let the economy slip for too long and now they can't recover. Congress controls ALL government spending and the Congress since January 2007 has been the Democrats.
How about you posts some links to some FACTS backing your bogus claims up!?!? You're a liar and a hypocrite.

There was no recession when W. took office. It started a few months later. However, you want to blame that on Bill Clinton, not the Republican Congress.

You can't seem to make up your mind on the current recession. On the one hand, you want to blame Obama, who wasn't even in office when it started, or you want to blame the Democratic congress. You're very good at excusing Republicans for everything! Hell, I've heard people like you even try to blame Clinton for the current recession. Of course, if you want to blame Clinton for the current recession, you'd have to blame Bush and the Republican congress for doing NOTHING for 6 years! See, Bush had a Republican congress his first 6 years in office. What, he and the Republicans running congress didn't have the time to undo the "horrible" stuff Clinton did??? Please....

So, how about you post some links that show the start dates of recessions. I'll gladly provide data to back up my claims. Oh, and sound bytes from Rush and Hannity don't count as facts!
inept obama

United States

#86 Jun 7, 2009
The Sage wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you posts some links to some FACTS backing your bogus claims up!?!? You're a liar and a hypocrite.
There was no recession when W. took office. It started a few months later. However, you want to blame that on Bill Clinton, not the Republican Congress.
You can't seem to make up your mind on the current recession. On the one hand, you want to blame Obama, who wasn't even in office when it started, or you want to blame the Democratic congress. You're very good at excusing Republicans for everything! Hell, I've heard people like you even try to blame Clinton for the current recession. Of course, if you want to blame Clinton for the current recession, you'd have to blame Bush and the Republican congress for doing NOTHING for 6 years! See, Bush had a Republican congress his first 6 years in office. What, he and the Republicans running congress didn't have the time to undo the "horrible" stuff Clinton did??? Please....
So, how about you post some links that show the start dates of recessions. I'll gladly provide data to back up my claims. Oh, and sound bytes from Rush and Hannity don't count as facts!
Keep rowing that boat full of lies even as it sinks, flatfoot.
You wrongly assume I listen to Rush and Hannity when I don't. My news channel is NBC and I don't listen to talk radio.
You also resort to name calling because the truth frustrates you.
Clinton's blame is for the housing collapse, which contributed to the current recession. Clinton got legislation pushed through Congress that prohibited mortgage companies from denying home loans to unqualified minorities who had insufficient income and poor repayment histories. Those were the very people who bailed out of their mortgage obligations at the first sign of trouble. Poor whites moved out of the trailer parks into homes using the legislation that Clinton designed for minorities. Can't discriminate so whites also were approved for loans that they had previously been denied. People who sold their homes to these newly approved folks then moved up to more expensive homes that THEY had not previously qualified for. Everybody was upside down when this house of cards collapsed and Clinton started it all when he insisted that home ownership for poor blacks was a way to "redistribute the wealth", his exact words!
The Sage

Boynton Beach, FL

#87 Jun 7, 2009
inept obama wrote:
<quoted text>Keep rowing that boat full of lies even as it sinks, flatfoot.
You wrongly assume I listen to Rush and Hannity when I don't. My news channel is NBC and I don't listen to talk radio.
You also resort to name calling because the truth frustrates you.
Clinton's blame is for the housing collapse, which contributed to the current recession. Clinton got legislation pushed through Congress that prohibited mortgage companies from denying home loans to unqualified minorities who had insufficient income and poor repayment histories. Those were the very people who bailed out of their mortgage obligations at the first sign of trouble. Poor whites moved out of the trailer parks into homes using the legislation that Clinton designed for minorities. Can't discriminate so whites also were approved for loans that they had previously been denied. People who sold their homes to these newly approved folks then moved up to more expensive homes that THEY had not previously qualified for. Everybody was upside down when this house of cards collapsed and Clinton started it all when he insisted that home ownership for poor blacks was a way to "redistribute the wealth", his exact words!
Lies, lies, and more lies.

Clinton's housing legislation is not to blame for the housing collapse. All Clinton's plan did was tell banks they had to provide loans to poor people. Those loans that failed account for less than 30% of the loans that have failed in recent years. Less than 30% is NOT the bulk of the problem. The problem is the mortgage companies themselves. They decided on their own to give middle class and upper middle class people loans they could not afford. Clinton's plan only addressed poor people and loans. The banks decided on their own to make ridiculous loans to people who weren't poor. Those loans account for the other 70% of loans that have failed in recent years.

Here's the other problem with your blame of Clinton: if it was such a horrible plan, why did the REPUBLICAN CONGRESS under Clinton pass the legislation And if it was so horrible, why didn't BUSH and HIS REPUBLICAN CONGRESS do something about it??

I notice you didn't bother to post any actual facts or links about your recession claims. I'll take that as an admission of defeat.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Anderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City's Sculpt EVV show puts sculpture in the ne... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Downtowner 2
News Gov. Rick Scott’s will shed outsider at Re... (Aug '12) Aug '12 MAID IN AMERICA 1
News In Short: June 21-27, 2012 (Jun '12) Jun '12 cfsgf 1
News About Town: Stoughton Selectmen Approve Contrac... (Mar '12) Apr '12 Doink 32
News B.C. government confirms it will strike working... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Ray 1
News Turning back the pages - Fruit soup (Nov '10) Nov '10 immense salmon run 1
News I'm Just An Old ... - John Ander... (Aug '10) Aug '10 newimwell 1
More from around the web