Blues guitarist Joe Bonamassa soars into a league of his own

There are 263 comments on the MLive.com story from Mar 22, 2011, titled Blues guitarist Joe Bonamassa soars into a league of his own. In it, MLive.com reports that:

It is such a rare happening to catch a glimpse of an accomplished guitar hero on stage at the absolute height of his musical powers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
In Gods name

Utica, NY

#1 Mar 22, 2011
I remember this kid when he lived by the harts hill inn,he was great then.Local boy/man makes good.
In Gods name

Utica, NY

#3 Mar 22, 2011
Dave G wrote:
Never heard of him. Sounds like a vanity act. Guitar magazine? Haven't read one of those in ages. Local nobody wants locals to think hes famous.
Just googgle his name son and learn something if you can.
Gary Gibson

Utica, NY

#4 Mar 22, 2011
In Gods name wrote:
I remember this kid when he lived by the harts hill inn,he was great then.Local boy/man makes good.
You are an idiot. He lived on Campbell Ave across from the par 5 hole at Twin Ponds. Could hear him practice all day long.
The Dung Beatles

Kirkville, NY

#5 Mar 22, 2011
Seriously who gives a rats ass? Besides,I bet he doesn't even admit to knowing this area exists.
In Gods name

Utica, NY

#6 Mar 22, 2011
Gary Gibson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot. He lived on Campbell Ave across from the par 5 hole at Twin Ponds. Could hear him practice all day long.
Well Gary I know for a fact his mother and father lived on clinton road before your time I guess what a jerk!
yorkville

Rome, NY

#7 Mar 22, 2011
joes father lenny lived on campbell in the yellow house. lenny grew up off campbell where his parents house was and he went to NY Mills high school. his son Smoking Joe also went to NY Mills high school. Hope this helps. i used to hang with Lenny way back then before he moved out rochester way for a time.
yorkville

Rome, NY

#8 Mar 22, 2011
As for Dung. Joe is an extremely accomplished guitarist known worldwide and he often comes back to the area. If he's anything like his dad I doubt very much that he would ever forget where he came from. Their good people
WE TODD DID

Utica, NY

#9 Mar 23, 2011
He used to hang out with his friend and jam Clinton Road
Lars Tetens

Clifton Springs, NY

#10 Mar 23, 2011
Who is Joe going out with or is he married yet?
Nonsmoking Dave

New York Mills, NY

#11 Mar 23, 2011
Lenny??? hee hee hee hee,if ya take away the coke and gambling debts hes a great guy !
Trukks

Utica, NY

#12 Mar 23, 2011
If he were big more people would know some of his songs. I can name many SRV and clapton songs I haven't ever heard of JB. Why is that?
yorkville

Rome, NY

#13 Mar 24, 2011
Dave sorry to hear you lost out. You should probably get your money up front from now on.

Since: Jul 09

East Hartford, CT

#14 Mar 24, 2011
In Gods name wrote:
Saw him open for Tull at the Stanley a few years ago. Not real impressive and his voice was sketchy(Acoustics?) Saw him recently on PBS @ The Albert Hall. Tore it up!!!!! Surrounded by accomplished musicians so I'm sure that helped. Slowhand sat in with him too. Helluva a lot better sound and fret movement than earlier show.I'm a believer now.
OG from the hood

Utica, NY

#16 Mar 25, 2011
He can make the guiter cry singing is not his high point
Who

Rome, NY

#17 Mar 25, 2011
Who is he I never heard of him. Some people can recall all justin bieber's songs too it doesn't make him any good. If this "smoking joe" were any real talent people whould know who he is.
Charley

Syracuse, NY

#18 Mar 25, 2011
Who cares? It is comical when people from here try to make a big deal out of nothing. Novody knows who this bozo is, and it is doubtful anybody would really care.
musicman

Rome, NY

#20 Mar 27, 2011
Yeah it looks like one guy posting under different names who must of been bounced out of joes band who got left behind posting all that negative stuff. He doesnt have a clue either. Joes fan base is becoming huge throught the world. He has over a million hits on some of his utube videos. Believe me he doesnt need this one horse town. People here are so envious and show so much hatred to anybody who makes it out of here. Its so sad to see. Lots of mental illness in the utica area due to depression because of economic conditions.
Blinders off

Rome, NY

#21 Mar 27, 2011
musicman wrote:
Yeah it looks like one guy posting under different names who must of been bounced out of joes band who got left behind posting all that negative stuff. He doesnt have a clue either. Joes fan base is becoming huge throught the world. He has over a million hits on some of his utube videos. Believe me he doesnt need this one horse town. People here are so envious and show so much hatred to anybody who makes it out of here. Its so sad to see. Lots of mental illness in the utica area due to depression because of economic conditions.
I love how you insult a whole city because of your no fame retard blues guy! "A million hits" on youtube sure didn't make him as even famous as a Mike Oldfield or even anywhere NEAR as famous as even Robert Cray. How dare you insult a whole area because they don't know Mr. Nobody. He is what is called a minor celebrity" he is not on the way up he has been doing this for decades and I'm sorry but he is not know as well as most other real musicians. So go on now prove what an idiot you are and tell me I "must" be the same person too and was "thrown out of the band"!! Can you be any more pathetic? He is not famous so anyone who points that out "must" have been in his little nobody band to nowhere? How childish and weak!!! You guys really take his no name status to heart and throw fits when people say they don't know him from the way it looks here. Way to go! Deal with it he has never been famous and won't be in this lifetime no matter how many people cry about it.
over and over

Utica, NY

#22 Mar 27, 2011
he has several number 1 thats right no 1 hits on the Blues charts right now.if you know Music,his ass is Smokin alright.hes a multi millionaire over and over.check the charts it will blow ur mind.God bless that local kid.hes a lot bigger than how big you hate
Gino

Utica, NY

#23 Mar 27, 2011
over and over wrote:
he has several number 1 thats right no 1 hits on the Blues charts right now.if you know Music,his ass is Smokin alright.hes a multi millionaire over and over.check the charts it will blow ur mind.God bless that local kid.hes a lot bigger than how big you hate
Which "blues chart"? The one he has on his website? He's not #1 on the Billboard Blues chart. As for being a multimillonare I also doubt that. At current rates he'd have had to have sold 3-4 million singles downloads or cds and iTunes says he's too low to list. Who tells you these fantasies and who actually really cares? He's not on iTunes lists this is a small fish in a big pond. Nowhere near as good as the greats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Bonamassa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Joe Bonamassa, forever a blues purveyor Nov '14 Gaggy 1
News Guitar master Joe Bonamassa to play UPAC in Kin... (May '14) May '14 FatDed Tom Lindse... 9
News Gail Gerlach Pre-Trial Motion: Judge Rules Agai... (Apr '14) Apr '14 commenters 1
News Bonamassa gives cheap advice (May '13) May '13 slo hand 16
News Kentucky's Boscoe France Claims Top Honors in G... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jumper 1
News Guitar Center's Battle of the Blues Grand Final... (Aug '12) Aug '12 joejoe 3
News Joe Bonamassa: Driving Towards Daylight (Jul '12) Jul '12 Dennis 1
More from around the web