Urban advocates say new gun control talk overdue

Dec 22, 2012 Full story: Boston.com 58

It took a small-town slaughter for gun control to become a political priority. Now, decades' worth of big-city arguments against easy access to guns are finally being heard, because an unstable young man invaded an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., with a military-style assault rifle and 30-bullet clips.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
S-N-A-F-U

Sierra Vista, AZ

#1 Dec 22, 2012
Are these the same thumb-sucking, bed-wetting liberals that enact gun laws, such as, ADVERTISING - "Gun Free" School Zones and Malls So some crazed fool can foist his/her massacre plan on innocent people, knowing full well that honest citizens having authorized concealed carry permits
who have been gun plucked from the premises so they can do their evil deed at their Leasure without interference, hmmm?

“The Commander-in-Chi ef”

Since: Jun 07

Always bet on Black

#2 Dec 22, 2012
The disgusting words that Wayne LaPierre read yesterday were the longest suicide note ever by a special interest group. The reaction by many conservatives showed just how desperate and out of touch the NRA is.

We will look back in 10 years and realize that it was the Sandy Hook massacre - were a right-wing nut mother who probably listened to Glen Beck’s fear mongering and trained her mentally unstable right-wing nut son to shoot semi-automatic weapons – that started the laws to scaled back the 2nd Amendment.
Taco Beller

United States

#3 Dec 22, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The disgusting words that Wayne LaPierre read yesterday were the longest suicide note ever by a special interest group. The reaction by many conservatives showed just how desperate and out of touch the NRA is.

We will look back in 10 years and realize that it was the Sandy Hook massacre - were a right-wing nut mother who probably listened to Glen Beck’s fear mongering and trained her mentally unstable right-wing nut son to shoot semi-automatic weapons – that started the laws to scaled back the 2nd Amendment.
Nobody is giving up their second amendment no matter who is at fault.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#4 Dec 22, 2012
Taco Beller wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is giving up their second amendment no matter who is at fault.
San Francisco sez 'OK no gun ban, but you can't buy ammo'...LOL.
Getflushed

Campbellsville, KY

#5 Dec 22, 2012
Each time of a new tragedy, the essence of the perpetrator reflects the influence of a Leftist influence encouraging, validating extreme behavior in our youth and entertainment. Each time it is more extreme, reflecting the strident reactive emotional stagnation of all those cowardly satisfied with a morally depraved culture their drugged parents and they have encouraged. Decades of validating drug use and its destruction of millions of brains, irreligious insult and intellectual savagery, sexual perversion and deviance, extreme rebellion, angry atheist anarchies insulting morality itself, validations of obviously negative religions, killing tens of millions for convenience... all these come home to roost in the increased savagery and insanities actually validated by the New Left's acceptance of marginal, deranged and depraved elements being their core leaderships. Listen to their shrill reactions... seemingly incapable of recognizing, or admitting it is their influences causing more and more extreme actions by those confused by their decades old vile validations. The country needs revival, but not the Goth, wiccan, atheist, druggie, deviant revivals of denying our ability to defend ourselves and our children from the next wave loonies of the Left. These people are deranged enough to give equal standing to Satan worshipers. They have lost all credibility; their shrillness proves it.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#6 Dec 22, 2012
Hmmm
Lawton

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 22, 2012
Of course the urban core wants the guns removed from the houses of their victims.

Once guns are banned the crimminals from the urban core can attack homes with impunity.

They want the innocents disarmed just like the schools are now: defenseless.

Having urban criminals define laws controlling defensive weapons is just wrong, no matter how you cut it.

Time to focus on criminals NOT lawful citzens.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#8 Dec 22, 2012
Strict gun laws for honest, law abiding people, make it open season for criminals. They know this already.
halito

Winnemucca, NV

#9 Dec 22, 2012
Did the Apostle Paul win the prize of Epsom salts to draw out bruising?
halito

Winnemucca, NV

#10 Dec 22, 2012
Or was it a Tarzan thing?

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#11 Dec 22, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Well let's see, the sewer living phoney Marine calls this nutball a right winger, having no clue of what he watched, makes disgusting claims on other mass murderers being right wing when proofs shows different all to propagize the dictatorship desire of barrak nobama

However, the phoney Marine never mentions.......Malvo and Mohammed the DC snipers, who were black.

What started they're mentally ustable use of semi-automatic weapons that killed innocent white people, aszhole?? The 2d Amendment is there to protect us from the likes of you. It isn't going anywhere, you lying scumbag.
knee how mo

Hanoi, Vietnam

#13 Dec 22, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let's see, the sewer living phoney Marine calls this nutball a right winger, having no clue of what he watched, makes disgusting claims on other mass murderers being right wing when proofs shows different all to propagize the dictatorship desire of barrak nobama
However, the phoney Marine never mentions.......Malvo and Mohammed the DC snipers, who were black.
What started they're mentally ustable use of semi-automatic weapons that killed innocent white people, aszhole?? The 2d Amendment is there to protect us from the likes of you. It isn't going anywhere, you lying scumbag.
so TX full arms?!!;-000h, let NY, ILL had the leg-ency!;-0000

Athens, TX

#14 Dec 22, 2012
knee how mo wrote:
<quoted text>
so TX full arms?!!;-000h, let NY, ILL had the leg-ency!;-0000
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/06...

Percentage wise...Texas has less guns than most states, Charlie

(But don't tell anyone...highest gun death rate is Washington DC.

Athens, TX

#15 Dec 22, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>San Francisco sez 'OK no gun ban, but you can't buy ammo'...LOL.
All the burglers and home invaders gonna be happy 'bout that!
zipp

Menomonie, WI

#16 Dec 22, 2012
I believe that the NRA could have strengthened their image and position if they would have come out with some reasonable ideas in regards to gun control and safety education. Yes, gun control! I believe after the nauseating events in CT, the impetus and outrage of the country must be considered and respected. Do I believe that restricting me from buying an assault weapon will reduce crime? No. Nonetheless, the right answer is far more complex, with many more factors to consider than this. The NRA could be more open to background checks and identifying persons that should be disqualified from gun ownership. They need to get in front of this issue now, or they will loose a lot of ground. They are going to have to make some concessions. You all know it!
By the way, who is willing to stand in front of the families of murdered children in CT and deny that there is a problem? Maybe some of you don't agree with me, but I cannot look into the faces of those children and continue to say that I need to have hi cap magazines or no background checks.
I don't like being villianized by those who don't have or know anything about guns. I have had a great deal of training through my life with all kinds of different guns. The fact is that the NRA needs to change just as everything does. How they change is a factor controlled by their own choices. They can still follow their basic principles. The fact is that if they don't embrace any alternative ideas, they will become far less relevant as time goes by.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#17 Dec 22, 2012
zipp wrote:
I believe that the NRA could have strengthened their image and position if they would have come out with some reasonable ideas in regards to gun control and safety education. Yes, gun control! I believe after the nauseating events in CT, the impetus and outrage of the country must be considered and respected. Do I believe that restricting me from buying an assault weapon will reduce crime? No. Nonetheless, the right answer is far more complex, with many more factors to consider than this. The NRA could be more open to background checks and identifying persons that should be disqualified from gun ownership. They need to get in front of this issue now, or they will loose a lot of ground. They are going to have to make some concessions. You all know it!
By the way, who is willing to stand in front of the families of murdered children in CT and deny that there is a problem? Maybe some of you don't agree with me, but I cannot look into the faces of those children and continue to say that I need to have hi cap magazines or no background checks.
I don't like being villianized by those who don't have or know anything about guns. I have had a great deal of training through my life with all kinds of different guns. The fact is that the NRA needs to change just as everything does. How they change is a factor controlled by their own choices. They can still follow their basic principles. The fact is that if they don't embrace any alternative ideas, they will become far less relevant as time goes by.
The NRA already became far less relevant when it changed from being an organization of shooters and gun enthusiasts to being a mouthpiece of lawyers and lobbyists for the gun manufacturers.
Papillon

Sacramento, CA

#18 Dec 22, 2012
GUN CONTROL ! GUN CONTROL ! GUN CONTROL ! GUN CONTROL !

The democRATS are foaming at the mouth and are jubilating with the media
over the prospect of disarming law-abiding AMERICAN citizens.
They care less about the victims.

The democRATS layed the foundation for school shootings and crimes in general.
The films coming out of liberal Hollywood teaches kids to kill.
democRAT politicians received huge kickbacks from Hollywood and the makers of violent video games, and from PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES.

What changed? Here is what changed: Powerful psych drugs were developed and became the profitable, prescription answer to a wide variety of extremely questionable if not outright fabricated mental disorder diagnosis of youth.

Little Johnny doesn't want to go to school - take this pill.
Little Achnach isn't learning - take this pill.
Little Jose feels anxious - take this pill.
Little Quantisha is sad - take this pill.
Little Leroy is restless - take this pill.
Little Miguel is rebellious - take this pill.
Little Allah doesn’t want get out of bed – Take this pill.
Little Latosha has a bad hair day – Take this pill.
Albert is smarter than the other kids – Take this pill to dumb him down.

Their minds are warped; they live in an irrational world - the Twilight Zone.
The democrats have given the murderers a justification to kill.
THE SUSPECTS ARE SICK, THEY ARE RETARDED.
They didn’t know what they were going.
The culprit is always the GUN – no the person using it.
The suspects’ brains are fried from all the unnecessary psych drugs
mandated by the COMMUNIST PUBLIC education system.

Aside from this, the three groups responsible for 92% of all gun-related murders
in the United States are:

- ILLEGAL MEXICANS
- MUSLIMS
- THE GHETTO CROWD
Their conduct is politically correct and therefore condoned by liberals.

Have you ever hear of GUN CONTROL when illegal Mexicans or black gang bangers shoot babies during drive-by shootings?
Have you ever heard of liberals calling for GUN CONTROL when muslims go on jihad murder rampages in the USA?(Examples: The father & son muslim team, also known as the “DC Snipers” who killed dozens of people in the eastern States.
Muslim HASAN who went on a jihad rampage and killed dozens of Americans at Fort Hood TX).

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Happy Birthday, Jesus Christ
Gun owner

United States

#19 Dec 22, 2012
Papillon wrote:
GUN CONTROL ! GUN CONTROL ! GUN CONTROL ! GUN CONTROL !

The democRATS are foaming at the mouth and are jubilating with the media
over the prospect of disarming law-abiding AMERICAN citizens.
They care less about the victims.

The democRATS layed the foundation for school shootings and crimes in general.
The films coming out of liberal Hollywood teaches kids to kill.
democRAT politicians received huge kickbacks from Hollywood and the makers of violent video games, and from PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES.

What changed? Here is what changed: Powerful psych drugs were developed and became the profitable, prescription answer to a wide variety of extremely questionable if not outright fabricated mental disorder diagnosis of youth.

Little Johnny doesn't want to go to school - take this pill.
Little Achnach isn't learning - take this pill.
Little Jose feels anxious - take this pill.
Little Quantisha is sad - take this pill.
Little Leroy is restless - take this pill.
Little Miguel is rebellious - take this pill.
Little Allah doesn’t want get out of bed – Take this pill.
Little Latosha has a bad hair day – Take this pill.
Albert is smarter than the other kids – Take this pill to dumb him down.

Their minds are warped; they live in an irrational world - the Twilight Zone.
The democrats have given the murderers a justification to kill.
THE SUSPECTS ARE SICK, THEY ARE RETARDED.
They didnÂ’t know what they were going.
The culprit is always the GUN – no the person using it.
The suspectsÂ’ brains are fried from all the unnecessary psych drugs
mandated by the COMMUNIST PUBLIC education system.

Aside from this, the three groups responsible for 92% of all gun-related murders
in the United States are:

- ILLEGAL MEXICANS
- MUSLIMS
- THE GHETTO CROWD
Their conduct is politically correct and therefore condoned by liberals.

Have you ever hear of GUN CONTROL when illegal Mexicans or black gang bangers shoot babies during drive-by shootings?
Have you ever heard of liberals calling for GUN CONTROL when muslims go on jihad murder rampages in the USA?(Examples: The father & son muslim team, also known as the “DC Snipers” who killed dozens of people in the eastern States.
Muslim HASAN who went on a jihad rampage and killed dozens of Americans at Fort Hood TX).

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Happy Birthday, Jesus Christ
Well said brother! Speak the truth.

Athens, TX

#20 Dec 22, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>The NRA already became far less relevant when it changed from being an organization of shooters and gun enthusiasts to being a mouthpiece of lawyers and lobbyists for the gun manufacturers.
And the AAA are responsible for drunk drivers, yes?
Gun owner

United States

#21 Dec 22, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>The NRA already became far less relevant when it changed from being an organization of shooters and gun enthusiasts to being a mouthpiece of lawyers and lobbyists for the gun manufacturers.
Move to North Korea if you hate freedom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Biden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats, Obama part on $1.1T spending bill 4 hr Cricket 23 1
White House Tries to Hold Off New Iran Sanctions Dec 11 Le Jimbo 20
Ayaan Hirsi Ali: Joe Biden Tried to Lecture Me ... Dec 10 animals against i... 1
Russia risks more isolation over Ukraine aggres... Dec 8 DENAZIFY RUSSIA NOW 76
Obama alone after midterm repudiation Dec 7 tha Professor 381
Biden Bashes Israel at Think Tank Funded by Ham... Dec 6 Rick Moss 1
Obama nominates Ashton Carter for defense secre... Dec 6 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1