Partisan fight over "fiscal cliff" will harm U.S. economy: Reuters poll

Nov 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

U.S. President Barack Obama delivers a statement on the U.S. ''Fiscal Cliff'' in the East Room of the White House as Vice President Joe Biden looks on in Washington, November 9, 2012.

Comments
41 - 60 of 104 Comments Last updated Nov 27, 2012

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>So you are another Republican who can no longer admit it. You think that by not admitting any allegence it means you no longer have to defend the bad policies of t6he Republicans leaving you free to attack Democrats. It is a lot easier to be against than to be for something.
WTF are you babbling about?

I deplore all Political parties. All party affiliation should be removed for all ballots.

Look, call a spade a spade. No matter who it is. D's, R's, L's, I's. Corruption is corruption and all political parties are corrupt.

Political parties mean nothing. Constitutional stand points mean everything.

So keep on keep on living in a fog and carrying your DNC banner as all political parties steer you and march you off a cliff. How about you have some self respect and stand up on your own 2 feet and make your own decisions instead of following the DNC talking points?
ONTG

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
You knows what happens when you assume right? You make yourself look like an ass.
I am not a Republican. I am also not a Democrat.
I may be a registered Libertarian, however, I consider myself a constitutional conservative.
So keep on trying, you lost this one. Admit it.
Right On! I am also more of a libertarian or a constitutional conservative than anything else. Hopefully more and more people will wake up and realize that both the democrats and the republicans use the same tactics to get the one thing they both want- power for themselves. Neither party will work to solve this nation's problems until the people(as in WE THE PEOPLE) demand it.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but most of the $6 Trillion in additional debt DOES come from Bush Lite programs: two unfunded wars, the unfunded Medicare Part D, and of course the Bush Lite tax cuts -- which created a STRUCTURAL deficit, as in ongoing yearly.
You may have noticed that NONE of these expensive programs ended on January 20, 2009. We are out of Iraq, but still in Afghanistan, the fix of Part D hasn't taken effect yet, and the Bush Lite tax cuts are STILL creating that structural deficit. It is COMPLETELY FAIR to blame Bush Lite's programs for causing massive deficits YEARS after he left office.
I realize that you Repubs would really love to just forget about Bush Lite -- but we are STILL paying for his legacy of DEBT!
true to form ... it's Bush's fault.

sorry libs, but omamas signature is on the bottom of every credit card slip since Jan 2009, not Bush's. The creditor nations owed the 16 trillion are at the bottom of the cliff looking up and deciding when to cut the credit cards up before the cliff collapses on them.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry libs, but omamas signature is on the bottom of every credit card slip since Jan 2009, not Bush's. The creditor nations owed the 16 trillion are at the bottom of the cliff looking up and deciding when to cut the credit cards up before the cliff collapses on them.
None are so blind, as those who WILL NOT see.

Apparently you are unable to comprehend that expensive programs enacted under one President CONTINUE COSTING MONEY long AFTER that President has left office. Obama INHERITED those spendy unfunded programs -- he did NOT implement them. To our good fortune, he ended Iraq as promised, has set an end date for Afghanistan, reformed Medicare Part D with the Affordable Care Act, and will allow the Bush Lite tax cuts to expire as they MUST.

The combination of those Bush Lite tax cuts expiring, AND the HUGE spending cuts engineered by House Republicans means that Obama literally doesn't need to do ANYTHING to see serious improvement on the deficit. NOTHING. He can thank Boner for setting things up so nicely.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
This a bald faced lie!

As the "Occupier of the White House" for the past 4 years, Barry lacked the power and authority to end the insidious tax cuts that Bushie used to "Let the people that earn the money keep their money". Barry is a Victim Ya' know!

How unfair to expect someone like Barry, going through a 4 year on the job training, and a malleable puppet in the hands of his Master, David Goebbels Axelrod, to be able to do anything but vote "Present"....Until the Chicago Mob told him which cultural issues to "Mandate" by Executive Order, in order to manipulate the Sheeple on the Demokrat Plantations, for purchase their votes with the Federal Treasury, Barry bided his time well as Chief Apologist and Golfer.

It is really gonna be hard on the next President given the catastrophic failures of the past 4 years.....Poor Barry, He is a Victim ya' know!

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You're finally getting it.
Hillary 2016!!
Look for her to pick a hispanic for her running mate.
Dems win a 3rd straight electoral landslide!!!!!
nah, she'll pick Oprah, and lock it up fast...the REpublicans may just pass, and not even run a candidate, no way they could win. that will give us our first woman prez, right after the first half black prez.then oprah can run herself later, and be the first black woman prez.... Forward.....into the abyss

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
None are so blind, as those who WILL NOT see.
Apparently you are unable to comprehend that expensive programs enacted under one President CONTINUE COSTING MONEY long AFTER that President has left office. Obama INHERITED those spendy unfunded programs -- he did NOT implement them. To our good fortune, he ended Iraq as promised, has set an end date for Afghanistan, reformed Medicare Part D with the Affordable Care Act, and will allow the Bush Lite tax cuts to expire as they MUST.
The combination of those Bush Lite tax cuts expiring, AND the HUGE spending cuts engineered by House Republicans means that Obama literally doesn't need to do ANYTHING to see serious improvement on the deficit. NOTHING. He can thank Boner for setting things up so nicely.
I guess you still believe the unfunded lies, even as they were proven wrong years ago. Please try to stay current. It helps the thred flow.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
nah, she'll pick Oprah, and lock it up fast...the REpublicans may just pass, and not even run a candidate, no way they could win. that will give us our first woman prez, right after the first half black prez.then oprah can run herself later, and be the first black woman prez.... Forward.....into the abyss
Rubio will be the next GOP or Third Party candidate. Let the attacks begin.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Rubio will be the next GOP or Third Party candidate. Let the attacks begin.
Oh god I hope not. I am in FL and Rubio, well, that guy is globalist piece of crap who looks out only for himself and the party. Never the people.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you still believe the unfunded lies, even as they were proven wrong years ago. Please try to stay current. It helps the thred flow.
??? Proven wrong? can you provide a link?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the GOPasaurs will find some old white man to offer up as a sacrificial lamb to Hillary. They have to at least pretend they're still a viable party.

Without significant change within the GOP (i.e. dump the racist & religious freaks), the Dems will win the White House in 2016 & 2020 & beyond.

The most significant outcome will be a 6-3 liberal majority on the SCOTUS for the next 30 years.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the GOPasaurs will find some old white man to offer up as a sacrificial lamb to Hillary. They have to at least pretend they're still a viable party.
Without significant change within the GOP (i.e. dump the racist & religious freaks), the Dems will win the White House in 2016 & 2020 & beyond.
The most significant outcome will be a 6-3 liberal majority on the SCOTUS for the next 30 years.
lets hope during that period you mentioned, that we don't get our first queer president.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
that will give us our first woman prez,
The gophers will have to change their tune, fix their backward thinking, open their little white tent, and show they know what they are talking about and nominate some candidate who is considered trust worthy and presidential and....

drum roll ....

Hillary will still win!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh god I hope not. I am in FL and Rubio, well, that guy is globalist piece of crap who looks out only for himself and the party. Never the people.
I didn't say it was the right choice. It is the knee jerk choice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
??? Proven wrong? can you provide a link?
If you want to prove me wrong do it as the challenger with facts, not with opinion.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
lets hope during that period you mentioned, that we don't get our first queer president.
I'm sure we've already had our first gay president; now we're just waiting for our first OPENLY gay (or lesbian) president. I'm thinking Senator-elect Tammy Baldwin from Wisconsin.

Cuomo-Baldwin 2016!
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to prove me wrong do it as the challenger with facts, not with opinion.
Who said I was trying to prove anything. I was trying to figure out where you are coming from. You have been claiming certain statements have been proven and I want to see what you consider proof. I have not seen evidence of the alleged proofs, nor even any evidence. Since you claim you have seen it, I wanted to see it for myself, not just accept your word. If you cannot cite any evidence then you may be unaware of such proof and perhaps it has not been proven at all.

But on the outside chance there there is some evidence that I am unaware of, I wanted to see it. I wanted to know what you are really talking about. Of course if there is nothing, then that should become clear as well.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
This a bald faced lie!
It is really gonna be hard on the next President given the catastrophic failures of the past 4 years.....Poor Barry, He is a Victim ya' know!
More Fact-Free conservative ranting & raving.

Enjoy the next 4 years!

(:
jus gooose go

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
This a bald faced lie!
As the "Occupier of the White House" for the past 4 years, Barry lacked the power and authority to end the insidious tax cuts that Bushie used to "Let the people that earn the money keep their money". Barry is a Victim Ya' know!
How unfair to expect someone like Barry, going through a 4 year on the job training, and a malleable puppet in the hands of his Master, David Goebbels Axelrod, to be able to do anything but vote "Present"....Until the Chicago Mob told him which cultural issues to "Mandate" by Executive Order, in order to manipulate the Sheeple on the Demokrat Plantations, for purchase their votes with the Federal Treasury, Barry bided his time well as Chief Apologist and Golfer.
U typing liked David Obey, WIer!! ;-000000

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I was trying to prove anything. I was trying to figure out where you are coming from. You have been claiming certain statements have been proven and I want to see what you consider proof. I have not seen evidence of the alleged proofs, nor even any evidence. Since you claim you have seen it, I wanted to see it for myself, not just accept your word. If you cannot cite any evidence then you may be unaware of such proof and perhaps it has not been proven at all.
But on the outside chance there there is some evidence that I am unaware of, I wanted to see it. I wanted to know what you are really talking about. Of course if there is nothing, then that should become clear as well.
I have also read many of your post with many accusations in them with no proof or back up provided. So is this the dual standard I have been hearing about?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••