Obama: Gun-control advocates have to listen more

Jan 27, 2013 Full story: WOI 665

16, 2013, file photo, President Barack Obama, accompanied by Vice President Joe Biden, talks about proposals to reduce gun violence at the White House in Washington.

Full Story

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#86 Feb 1, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, those statistics include crack houses, gang banger houses, biker club houses, and illegal immigrant multiple occupancy houses.
Let me enlighten you. Homes with firearms are 30 times more likely to result in injuries to one or more family members. You are being attacked by your own demons.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#87 Feb 1, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>To your question, "Am I missing something?", the answer is "yes".

Your personal definition of "well regulated" is ridiculous and unfounded.
"The people" refers to the People collectively, as in "We the People", not as individuals.

With respect to name calling, feel free. This is Topix. At some point I might return the insult.
The SCOTUS disagrees with you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#88 Feb 1, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Let me enlighten you. Homes with firearms are 30 times more likely to result in injuries to one or more family members. You are being attacked by your own demons.
See the post you responded to.

Those statistics include houses of criminals such as crack houses, vacant houses, gang banger houses, biker club houses, brothels, and houses with 30 illegal immigrants living in them.

You are a victim of not being able to see the whole picture when statistics are utilized.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#89 Feb 1, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
The SCOTUS disagrees with you.
I know. They have much to learn.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#90 Feb 1, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I know. They have much to learn.
Lmao. At least your comedy is getting better.
I think what you mean is, Obama needs to appoint a couple more Progressive Socialist Judges to the SCOTUS so they can more thievery of our freedoms constitutional. Maybe a constitutional scholar, such as himself.

Disgusted chuckle...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#91 Feb 1, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind. First you state Louisiana despite almost non existent gun laws ranks first in gun murders.
Now, it's sixteenth.
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with your right to carry a gun every day. So there. I agree that extensive background checks are necessary to help,(as much as possible) to keep guns out of the hands of persons who cannot handle them safely and will not handle them safely. 40% of guns purchased do not include background checks. Louisiana has nearly non-existent gun laws, yet have more gun murders than any other State.
Columbine High had armed Security. We need serious penalties for straw purchasers.
Sorry, Louisiana Stats were from 2010. They have obviously lost their top spot since. But they are still in the top 20, and please don't fail to acknowlwdge that these States have some of the most lenient gun regulations, and that the figures come come gun death rates per 100,000 population.
I hear about Chicago all the time, but IL is not even in there.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#92 Feb 1, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind. First you state Louisiana despite almost non existent gun laws ranks first in gun murders.
Now, it's sixteenth.
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with your right to carry a gun every day. So there. I agree that extensive background checks are necessary to help,(as much as possible) to keep guns out of the hands of persons who cannot handle them safely and will not handle them safely. 40% of guns purchased do not include background checks. Louisiana has nearly non-existent gun laws, yet have more gun murders than any other State.
Columbine High had armed Security. We need serious penalties for straw purchasers.
Gunfire death rate in Louisiana is highest in nation,... www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/06/gunfire_... ...- Similarto Gunfire death rate in Louisiana is highest in nation,...

Jun 2, 2010 ... Nonprofit links violence to 'lax gun laws,' but supporters of the 'right to carry' disagree.... Louisiana has the nation's highest rate of death by gunfire, with a rate that far exceeds the ... by the National Rifle Association, which rejects the notion that stricter gun laws reduce violence crime.... Related Stories ...

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#93 Feb 1, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao. At least your comedy is getting better.
I think what you mean is, Obama needs to appoint a couple more Progressive Socialist Judges to the SCOTUS so they can more thievery of our freedoms constitutional. Maybe a constitutional scholar, such as himself.
Disgusted chuckle...
Exactly.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#94 Feb 1, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you really mean to say, "embellish" XX. That's weird vernacular.
212 People killed by gun violence in past two days. How many killed with hands and feet?
How many of those killings involved assault weapons?

You are making points against yourself. 212 people killed with firearms. I wonder how many of those victims had firearms to protect themselves?

That's the point, don't you see? We do have a lot of deaths with guns, and that's why guns are needed to protect ourselves. After all, if you make every gun illegal in this country, do you think the criminals will readily give up their guns and not seek more? How successful are those police gun buyback programs? Did they ever solve anything?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#95 Feb 1, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>We've done everything we could to try to save you. We'll keep you as comfortable as possible.
You do that, and perhaps the millions of others just like me. After all, Fox and Limbaugh are not number one for nothing.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#96 Feb 1, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of those killings involved assault weapons?
You are making points against yourself. 212 people killed with firearms. I wonder how many of those victims had firearms to protect themselves?
That's the point, don't you see? We do have a lot of deaths with guns, and that's why guns are needed to protect ourselves. After all, if you make every gun illegal in this country, do you think the criminals will readily give up their guns and not seek more? How successful are those police gun buyback programs? Did they ever solve anything?
Know what? I was wrong. That 212 Number was only for 01/31/2012.

[PDF] Gun report (RD-08)- Children's Defense Fund www.childrensdefense.org/child-research-data-... -...

U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for 2008 and 2009 for children ... This is equal to one child or teen every 31 minutes, 47 every day, and 331 children and ... We dedicate this 12th child gun death report to the memory of Trayvon Martin and the ..... http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/killed/2008/ (accessed January 2012).

Introduction to Gun Violence Statistics - Law Center to ... smartgunlaws.org/category/gun-studies-statist...

Posted on Sunday, November 18th, 2012 ... However, gun deaths and injuries in the U.S. usually occur quietly, without ... that 31% of unintentional deaths caused by firearms might be prevented by the .... Posted on Sunday, January 1st, 2012 ...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#97 Feb 1, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, Louisiana Stats were from 2010. They have obviously lost their top spot since. But they are still in the top 20, and please don't fail to acknowlwdge that these States have some of the most lenient gun regulations, and that the figures come come gun death rates per 100,000 population.
I hear about Chicago all the time, but IL is not even in there.
Lol. Stubborn aren't you? I already told you why Louisiana's gun murder rate is what it is. It's you who wants to somehow connect it to lenient gun laws.
You can't compare Chicago, with the entire state of Illinois. The gun laws are different, and the racial percentage is different.
If you want to compare apples to apples, compare cities with strict gun laws to cities with lenient gun laws. Compare cities with a high population of Blacks, to cities with low populations of Blacks. Then do the same with States.
You can start with comparing Chicago gun murder rates with Kennesaw GA gun murder rates.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#98 Feb 1, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>Gunfire death rate in Louisiana is highest in nation,... www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/06/gunfire_... ...- Similarto Gunfire death rate in Louisiana is highest in nation,...

Jun 2, 2010 ... Nonprofit links violence to 'lax gun laws,' but supporters of the 'right to carry' disagree.... Louisiana has the nation's highest rate of death by gunfire, with a rate that far exceeds the ... by the National Rifle Association, which rejects the notion that stricter gun laws reduce violence crime.... Related Stories ...
Again, Louisiana has several large Democrat run cities, and the second largest population of Blacks of any state in the country.

What do New Orleans, Chicago, Baton Rouge, Detroit, New York City... Have in common? They are large Democrat run cities with gangs. And what a shocker, very high gun murder rates.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99 Feb 1, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, Louisiana has several large Democrat run cities, and the second largest population of Blacks of any state in the country.
What do New Orleans, Chicago, Baton Rouge, Detroit, New York City... Have in common? They are large Democrat run cities with gangs. And what a shocker, very high gun murder rates.
Care to explain Idaho, Missouri, Florida, Alaska, Tennessee, Arkansas and the other states in the top 20?
Get real.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#100 Feb 2, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Know what? I was wrong. That 212 Number was only for 01/31/2012.
[PDF] Gun report (RD-08)- Children's Defense Fund www.childrensdefense.org/child-research-data-... -...
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for 2008 and 2009 for children ... This is equal to one child or teen every 31 minutes, 47 every day, and 331 children and ... We dedicate this 12th child gun death report to the memory of Trayvon Martin and the ..... http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/killed/2008/ (accessed January 2012).
Introduction to Gun Violence Statistics - Law Center to ... smartgunlaws.org/category/gun-studies-statist...
Posted on Sunday, November 18th, 2012 ... However, gun deaths and injuries in the U.S. usually occur quietly, without ... that 31% of unintentional deaths caused by firearms might be prevented by the .... Posted on Sunday, January 1st, 2012 ...
The first link doesn't work as usual, and I have no idea how the second link answers my question.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#101 Feb 2, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, Louisiana has several large Democrat run cities, and the second largest population of Blacks of any state in the country.
What do New Orleans, Chicago, Baton Rouge, Detroit, New York City... Have in common? They are large Democrat run cities with gangs. And what a shocker, very high gun murder rates.
It's the same argument they make when talking about welfare; that welfare roles are higher in red states. I guess they assume that if a state leans right, there must not be any Democrats there.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#102 Feb 2, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>Care to explain Idaho, Missouri, Florida, Alaska, Tennessee, Arkansas and the other states in the top 20?
Get real.
In 2011, Idaho and Florida where tied at number 19 in the country with 12.3 gun deaths per 100,000 people. That isn't gun murders, that is all gun deaths, including justifiable shootings and hunting accidents. Idaho is very sparsely populated with only 1.5 million people in the whole State. Missouri has 6 million Statewide, but has those pesky larger Democrat run cities. Florida, same thing, think Miami. Arkansas, Democrat run cities and lots of Blacks. Tennessee, same deal. Think Memphis, Nashville...
Most of these States have 1) Large Democrat Cities. 2) a large minority population. 3) large tourism industries that attract gang activity and thus gun murders.
Next?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#103 Feb 2, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to explain Idaho, Missouri, Florida, Alaska, Tennessee, Arkansas and the other states in the top 20?
Get real.
The pattern is staggering. A number of U.S. cities have gun homicide rates in line with the most deadly nations in the world.

If it were a country, New Orleans (with a rate 62.1 gun murders per 100,000 people) would rank second in the world.
Detroit's gun homicide rate (35.9) is just a bit less than El Salvador (39.9).
Baltimore's rate (29.7) is not too far off that of Guatemala (34.8).
Gun murder in Newark (25.4) and Miami (23.7) is comparable to Colombia (27.1).
Washington D.C.(19) has a higher rate of gun homicide than Brazil (18.1).
Atlanta's rate (17.2) is about the same as South Africa (17).
Cleveland (17.4) has a higher rate than the Dominican Republic (16.3).
Gun murder in Buffalo (16.5) is similar to Panama (16.2).
Houston's rate (12.9) is slightly higher than Ecuador's (12.7).
Gun homicide in Chicago (11.6) is similar to Guyana (11.5).
Phoenix's rate (10.6) is slightly higher than Mexico (10).
Los Angeles (9.2) is comparable to the Philippines (8.9).
Boston rate (6.2) is higher than Nicaragua (5.9).
New York, where gun murders have declined to just four per 100,000, is still higher than Argentina (3).
Even the cities with the lowest homicide rates by American standards, like San Jose and Austin, compare to Albania and Cambodia respectively.

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/politics/201...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#105 Feb 2, 2013
Cities with the highest amount of African Americans:

Place Total
population Black or African American
alone or in combination Black or African American
alone Black or African American
in combination
Rank Number Rank Number Rank Number
New York, NY 8,175,133 1 2,228,145 1 2,088,510 1 139,635
Chicago, IL 2,695,598 2 913,009 2 887,608 3 25,401
Philadelphia, PA 1,526,006 3 686,870 3 661,839 4 25,031
Detroit, MI 713,777 4 601,988 4 590,226 13 11,762
Houston, TX 2,099,451 5 514,217 5 498,466 8 15,751
Memphis, TN 646,889 6 414,928 6 409,687 58 5,241
Baltimore, MD 620,961 7 403,998 7 395,781 29 8,217
Los Angeles, CA 3,792,621 8 402,448 8 365,118 2 37,330
Washington, DC 601,723 9 314,352 9 305,125 22 9,227
Dallas, TX 1,197,816 10 308,087 10 298,993 23 9,094
Columbus, OH 787,033 15 237,077 16 220,241 5 16,836
San Diego, CA 1,307,402 40 104,374 43 87,949 6 16,425
Phoenix, AZ 1,445,632 37 109,544 40 93,608 7 15,936
Indianapolis, IN 829,718 14 240,789 15 226,671 9 14,118
Boston, MA 617,594 21 163,629 23 150,437 10 13,192

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cit...
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#106 Feb 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
Cities with the highest amount of African Americans:
Place Total
population Black or African American
alone or in combination Black or African American
alone Black or African American
in combination
Rank Number Rank Number Rank Number
New York, NY 8,175,133 1 2,228,145 1 2,088,510 1 139,635
Chicago, IL 2,695,598 2 913,009 2 887,608 3 25,401
Philadelphia, PA 1,526,006 3 686,870 3 661,839 4 25,031
Detroit, MI 713,777 4 601,988 4 590,226 13 11,762
Houston, TX 2,099,451 5 514,217 5 498,466 8 15,751
Memphis, TN 646,889 6 414,928 6 409,687 58 5,241
Baltimore, MD 620,961 7 403,998 7 395,781 29 8,217
Los Angeles, CA 3,792,621 8 402,448 8 365,118 2 37,330
Washington, DC 601,723 9 314,352 9 305,125 22 9,227
Dallas, TX 1,197,816 10 308,087 10 298,993 23 9,094
Columbus, OH 787,033 15 237,077 16 220,241 5 16,836
San Diego, CA 1,307,402 40 104,374 43 87,949 6 16,425
Phoenix, AZ 1,445,632 37 109,544 40 93,608 7 15,936
Indianapolis, IN 829,718 14 240,789 15 226,671 9 14,118
Boston, MA 617,594 21 163,629 23 150,437 10 13,192
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cit...
WOW it looks like the cities with the most blacks match the cities with the highest murders. Why would the minority group commit the majority of crime?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Biden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats, Obama part on $1.1T spending bill 4 hr Cricket 23 1
White House Tries to Hold Off New Iran Sanctions Dec 11 Le Jimbo 20
Ayaan Hirsi Ali: Joe Biden Tried to Lecture Me ... Dec 10 animals against i... 1
Russia risks more isolation over Ukraine aggres... Dec 8 DENAZIFY RUSSIA NOW 76
Obama alone after midterm repudiation Dec 7 tha Professor 381
Biden Bashes Israel at Think Tank Funded by Ham... Dec 6 Rick Moss 1
Obama nominates Ashton Carter for defense secre... Dec 6 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1